1. May 7, 2017  
    no this is simply not true prot warrior is unplayable on lordaeron. and yes a full toc25+ protwarr can tank ulduar i dont accept as playable
    "unplayable on lordaeron"
    You do realize this is the Icecrown forum section, right? You are also aware that Icecrown doesn't have buffed bosses like Lordaeron does, right? Nevermind the fact that there are plenty of Prot Warriors clearing the content just fine on Lordaeron.
    @Mercy
    Literally prot warriors are broken and unplayable at some boss fights but that doesnt stop you from saying otherwise right?
    Of course it doesn't stop me from saying you're wrong. Because when you're wrong, you're wrong. There's no two ways about it.
    That's before Soul Reaper and Lich King white attack damage were fixed.
    That's fine though. Prot Warrior still excels at off-tanking.
    If proc warrior is broken just roll a proc paladin simple solution.
    This is usually the route people take. Prot Paladins are strong in comparison because they are less reliant on block. It's that simple. Paladins have more baseline mitigation for the simple fact that the other "block tank" has critical block as a core mechanic. Which is what makes the Paladin more viable in an environment where the tank in question takes less hits, but also harder hits. Block doesn't scale well with this, and it is this EXACT reason why the block mechanic was changed in Cataclysm (changed from the block value mechanic to block always mitigates a % value of the hit).

Another key point that makes Prot Warriors less viable is people playing in an environment where classes and specs aren't swapped out on a per-boss basis. Because actual progression isn't a thing here. No world-first stuff going on, that's for sure.

However, Gnimo is on point. A Prot Warrior will be more challenged to complete content like ICC heroic than any other tank. But who are you to say that a player that absolutely loves their Prot Warrior CANT do the content? They've proven that they can, over and over. All you people do is prove that your own definition of "unplayable" is very clearly and plainly subjective.

2. May 7, 2017  
    settle down children, time to learn a thing or two

all the % stats from passive defense talents are multiplicative, not additive

here's ur table for passive % dmg reduction, all classes and all specs included:

warrior has lowest of them all when it comes to physical dmg reduction. not only that but block is unreliable and, as compensation, druids get more HP while paladins/dks (proper spec dks that is) get Ardent Defender or Will of the Necropolis when they fall below 35% hp which is insane boost of additional dmg reduction (it basically makes it so that you have similar hp to bear tanks)

to put it in a simple sentence, the reason why warriors suck and other classes dont as a tank - lowest % passive dmg reduction and lack of pure HP compensation/% dmg reduction talents when below 35% health

the class is playable for sure and u can do end game raids with it but it is never going to be at paladin/dk/druid tier.

3. May 7, 2017  
    @b_cryp

Ferals are fluffy, Ferals are love, Ferals are life!

Wanted to reply this a long time ago but i kept on forgeting, was busy dealing with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, sorry. :'(
    Hope we are fine now...

:D

4. May 7, 2017  

5. May 7, 2017  
    "unplayable on lordaeron"
    You do realize this is the Icecrown forum section, right? You are also aware that Icecrown doesn't have buffed bosses like Lordaeron does, right? Nevermind the fact that there are plenty of Prot Warriors clearing the content just fine on Lordaeron.
    nope no protwarr cleared current content ever (uld, togc, icc).

6. May 7, 2017  
    settle down children, time to learn a thing or two

all the % stats from passive defense talents are multiplicative, not additive

here's ur table for passive % dmg reduction, all classes and all specs included:

warrior has lowest of them all when it comes to physical dmg reduction. not only that but block is unreliable and, as compensation, druids get more HP while paladins/dks (proper spec dks that is) get Ardent Defender or Will of the Necropolis when they fall below 35% hp which is insane boost of additional dmg reduction (it basically makes it so that you have similar hp to bear tanks)

to put it in a simple sentence, the reason why warriors suck and other classes dont as a tank - lowest % passive dmg reduction and lack of pure HP compensation/% dmg reduction talents when below 35% health

the class is playable for sure and u can do end game raids with it but it is never going to be at paladin/dk/druid tier.
    Thanks! Just seeing the table makes me wanna drink bleach and be done with it.
    A big eye opener! Thanks again man.

@Mercy
    Maybe you're right and i'm wrong. I'm an ignorant ****face so i dont know jack**** on prot wars but on my past experiences on ICC offtank prot wars are so horrible so my opinion on them are probably on south than some of you. Anyways might as well go holy/prot pally on this new toon im making atm

7. May 9, 2017  
    nope no protwarr cleared current content ever (uld, togc, icc).
    I guess it's great that you can admit that you are objectively wrong! Nevermind that you are also objectively going off-topic!
    @Mercy
    Maybe you're right and i'm wrong. I'm an ignorant ****face so i dont know jack**** on prot wars but on my past experiences on ICC offtank prot wars are so horrible so my opinion on them are probably on south than some of you. Anyways might as well go holy/prot pally on this new toon im making atm
    It's understandable that people will shape their opinions based on their experiences. I've never said that Warriors aren't bad compared to other tanks for X or Y content. What's in question here is are they capable of doing the content. The objective answer to that question is yes.

8. Ill just leave this here.
    I guess this needs some update, I'll make a fresh one soon :D

And for now I'll just leave this for here now, since I see somebody is complaining about dmg scripts back then.

Every boss can be tanked with any tanking class if you come with the right knowledge and preparation, then every tank will shine in it's own situation, in the end play what u like playing not what ppl judge is good/bad or easy/hard to play, with the right dedication everything is possible ( ofc you won't tank with a rogue xd) :)
    Edited: January 13, 2018

9. in the end play what u like playing not what ppl judge is good/bad or easy/hard to play, with the right dedication everything is possible ( ofc you won't tank with a rogue xd) :)
    Except when people kick you from raid because they think otherwise or when you have equipped one item that is not really for your class but you don't have better one at the moment, or when you miss for gods sake one enchant. Happened to me personally. **** those people.

10. Pala tank > DK tank > Druid tank > Hunter pet tank > Warr tank

11. Every boss can be tanked with any tanking class
    Spoiler: Show

12. Except when people kick you from raid because they think otherwise or when you have equipped one item that is not really for your class but you don't have better one at the moment, or when you miss for gods sake one enchant. Happened to me personally. **** those people.
    That's why you join a guild which by hope is not full of ignorant and stubborn ppl :D

13. Have to try it myself first then I can comment something more on this, I'll keep it in mind :D

First 123