1. May 4, 2017  

About LOS in PvP zones

Hey recently i realized, that hiding behind tree or that ally wall on hill in WSG made from stone and thorns doesnt protect me from range dps. Similar problems occured in arenas . I didint found anything in bug tracker about that? I hope its going to be fixed?

2. May 4, 2017  
    Hey recently i realized, that hiding behind tree or that ally wall on hill in WSG made from stone and thorns doesnt protect me from range dps. Similar problems occured in arenas . I didint found anything in bug tracker about that? I hope its going to be fixed?
    it's intended, blizzlike.
    Only certain objects should provide line of sight, such as buildings etc.

3. May 5, 2017  
    it's intended, blizzlike.
    r u sure matey mate? check the los in arenas again and come back give me a reply

4. May 5, 2017  
    LoS in arenas works fine. Please don't compare this to some stock mangos server you're used to playing and try to compare it to retail and how it was back then.

5. May 5, 2017  
    Well then its bad news... I was sure grave on the hill could protect me, seems there is no reason to hide. Would be nice if Gm could remove those objects, because now their purpose is only to disturb melee players. Sad when even such a dumb things like objects that blocks you way, but allows spells casting is called like a great blizzlike thing... ruining gameplay
    Edited: May 5, 2017

6. May 5, 2017  
    This is how it still works on retail since day one till Legion, those objects on WSG just don't count as LoS obstructing.
    I don't really agree with blizzard's decision in that regard but that is how the things are designed to work.

7. May 5, 2017  
    This is completely blizzlike so much so that In my head and many others if it were changed it wouldn't feel right. To give you an example of how LOS should work If you were ganking people in Duskwood (on their way to ZG).. You could cast spells from behind the big trees next to the road. Great to catch someone off guard ;)

8. May 5, 2017  
    Imo they should add los mechanics to these tree stumps in WSG even though it was possible to cast through these objects during TBC.
    Its just ******ed to have these big objects that look like player can hide behind them but in fact everybody can shoot through their texture.
    Same applys to this big mountain that is next to the ally graveyard in AV.
    It doesn't feel right that everybody can shoot through a wall of stone...
    Edited: May 5, 2017

9. May 5, 2017  
    Imo they should add los mechanics to these tree stumps in WSG even though it was possible to cast through these objects during TBC.
    Its just ******ed to have these big objects that look like player can hide behind them but in fact everybody can shoot through their texture.
    Same applys to this big mountain that is next to the ally graveyard in AV.
    It doesn't feel right that everybody can shoot through a wall of stone...
    Its always been like that u can use abilitys through those chopped woods at WSG, and to be honest its pretty fair, as melee classes are so strong if they get near casters in TBC. (Combat time is like 5-10sec @ 1v1)

- Imo they should keep things like this, if they will change it rogues and healers will be too hard to get down, with all of that line of sight covers they have.
    there need to be some advantages in map for casters in this expansion it's just a fact.
    (Its already enought hard to try catch some of classes in TBC anyways with casters.)

10. May 5, 2017  
    Its always been like that u can use abilitys through those chopped woods at WSG, and to be honest its pretty fair, as melee classes are so strong if they get near casters in TBC. (Combat time is like 5-10sec @ 1v1)

- Imo they should keep things like this, if they will change it rogues and healers will be too hard to get down, with all of that line of sight covers they have.
    there need to be some advantages in map for casters in this expansion it's just a fact.
    (Its already enought hard to try catch some of classes in TBC anyways with casters.)
    Imo the opposite is the case.
    As usual casters have a huge advantage in BGs.
    Especially in large scale battles the range classes can snipe the opponents on max distance w/o taking any dmg while melee have to go behind the enemy lines and tank the dmg of the entire opponent team.

11. May 5, 2017  
    I'm afraid the broken los is indeed Blizzlike and will not be fixed.

Although it's not that bad in arenas. It's mostly WSG where you can cast through everything.

12. May 5, 2017  

H

This is how it still works on retail since day one till Legion, those objects on WSG just don't count as LoS obstructing.
    That is so not true. Blizzard fixed the broken LoS in early Wrath.