1. May 7, 2017  

Prot warrior PVP viability.

Hello,
    the question is directed to the experienced TBC players - how was the prot warrior in pvp ?
    Obviously the lack of charge in combat and no shockwave can cause major kiting problems but still - there's piercing howl and low CD intercept.
    Has anybody played it in arena ?
    I tried it on the PTR with the blue gear, trying to maximize BV, and shield slam still hit like a wet noodle. Does this get better with better gear ?
    For comparison, my mage hits harder with 1.5s cast scorch.
    Regards

2. May 7, 2017  
    Most likely this answer is : no, it's not viable. You can have some fun in warsong gulch and bg tanking players or in AV tanking some bosses, but that's all. Prot as pvp spec is born with wotlk, same for prot paladin pvp.

3. May 7, 2017  
    Thanks but no thanks. You merely said "it doesn't work" without giving any information which leads me to believe that you have no idea what you're talking about, even if you're right.
    Regards

4. May 7, 2017  
    There is no scaling vengeance like later expacs that gives you more damage on damage taken. The dps output just isn't there. Only in wrath were other tanking specs brought to par with druids.

5. May 7, 2017  
    Prot pvp is garbage. Your dmg is 0. TBC is just not the expansion for tank pvp not even slightly.

Though a Prot flag carrier in WSG is always appreciated. But don't even think about arena.

6. May 7, 2017  
    you dont have healing reduction as arms and you have literally 0 dmg as prot.on top of that you die almost as easy as arms in PVP it makes no sense to go prot at all in TBC.even as flag carry its simple trash compare to druids for example who can remove slow/roots selfheal CC the enemy and so on....prot warrior bring nothing to the table.

WOTLK and legion are only expansions when tank specs was playable in PVP.
    Edited: May 7, 2017

7. May 7, 2017  
    Prot is amazing in WoTLK, but in TBC he is useless in PvP