1. May 7, 2017  

Donation Issues

For the past two hours I've been trying to pay with PaymentWall and have no luck. I got the frowny face declined message about 20 times across multiple cards. When I tried my business card it finally worked, but asked for a photo of my driver's license. I uploaded it and waited another 20 minutes and there's been no progress. Finally I looked them up on the BBB and they have 15 complaints against them, out of 15. Seems pretty scammy to me. I created an account on their site in order to ask them to remove all uploaded verification docs on me and am currently awaiting a reply.

I looked into the PaySafeCard but I don't have one, and it doesn't seem like you can buy one online. The other "payment methods" like subway cards don't make any sense to me, and I certainly don't have anything like that on-hand.

Is there any way for me to make a donation using PayPal, Bitcoin, Visa (not through PaymentWall), American Express, or Discover? Hell, I could mail you a check. I realize that you're just trying to protect yourself against chargebacks, but at the very least that should mean Bitcoin would be accepted.

I live in the US and have ample credit and no chargeback history on any of my accounts.

Please take my money. :(

2. May 7, 2017  
    I just realized that the other payment methods also go through PaymentWall. That's disappointing.

If there is another way to make a payment, hit me up. Otherwise I wont be able to donate.

3. May 7, 2017  
    It's a known issue with Paymentwall and more information is available here. The only payment method that doesn't use Paymentwall is mobile donation and that's available in only a few countries (not in US).

The issue with Paymentwall seems to be mainly with credit and debit cards. Prepaid cards like PaySafeCard should not have those problems.

4. May 7, 2017  
    In my dealings with Paymentwall, I discovered a security flaw that has the potential to expose any uploaded documents for users who have paid, but not yet created a Paymentwall account on their website. I've reported the issue to them in a ticket.

If I can find something like that, on accident, during *signup* of all things, I don't trust them as far as I could throw them. I'm certainly not going to let them process any of my transactions.

So it sounds like Bitcoin or any other normal payment method isn't going to be an option then?

5. May 7, 2017  
    I don't really trust them also so I would only use something like PaySafeCard so they don't get credit card numbers and stuff like that.

Most payment providers would not let Warmane use them, especially Paypal since it's affiliated with Blizzard. There was a poll about adding Bitcoin as payment method a few years ago but nothing happened after that, probably not enough people were interested.

6. May 7, 2017  
    other normal payment method isn't going to be an option then?
    I agree so much with this statement. I still have hard time understanding WHY Paymentwall?

7. May 7, 2017  
    Silly,paysafecard is available in my country and i usually buy from a magazine 200 meters away from my home,and so bull**** i cant use it to donate here on warmane,such a fail...

8. May 7, 2017  
    Silly,paysafecard is available in my country and i usually buy from a magazine 200 meters away from my home,and so bull**** i cant use it to donate here on warmane,such a fail...
    Is it not listed in payment methods or there is some problem when trying to use it? As far as I know, if it's listed and available for you then it should work but for some countries it's missing from list of payment methods.

9. May 7, 2017  
    I still have hard time understanding WHY Paymentwall?
    Paymentwall is a solution for high-risk payments. We offer it at my work as well, but that's in addition to paypal, bitcoin (via bitpay), braintree, g2apay, paysafe, and skrill. It tends to be a last-resort payment method for a lot of people. I don't know many people who have positive experiences with it.

Bitcoin is a great solution since it's impossible to charge back a purchase, which is probably the reason paypal isn't an option here. The transaction fees are lower as well. I know for a fact that PayPal always sides with the buyer and not the merchant, unless you have proof of shipment, and even then it's not guaranteed. PayPal doesn't protect digital merchants in any way, which is incredibly frustrating for merchants.

While trading in bitcoin isn't near as straight-forward to endusers as paying with real money, I'd argue that it's still way easier and way faster than Paymentwall.

10. May 8, 2017  
    Is it not listed in payment methods or there is some problem when trying to use it? As far as I know, if it's listed and available for you then it should work but for some countries it's missing from list of payment methods.
    Its not listed in payment methods,but should be because i buy paysafe here almost anywhere.
    And i think this needs to be updated.... maybe its missing list of payment methods,and should be added!
    Very unprofessional from paymentwall atm.
    Hopefully they fix it!

11. May 8, 2017  
    Its not listed in payment methods,but should be because i buy paysafe here almost anywhere.
    And i think this needs to be updated.... maybe its missing list of payment methods,and should be added!
    Very unprofessional from paymentwall atm.
    Hopefully they fix it!
    I found a page where Paymentwall lists all available payment methods for each country:
    https://www.paymentwall.com/payment-methods

There you can check if Paymentwall has not added it for your country at all or if it's disabled in your country for Warmane only for some reason. I am not sure how exactly payment methods can be selected on Paymentwall but not all of them are available on Warmane.

12. if warmane doesnt change something to their payment option they gonna fail. im not going thru this. still same issue as yours