1. May 8, 2017  

Leveling

Hey!

I'm gonna roll a rogue and i haven't played in TBC before. What is the most efficent and fastest leveling spec? And if anyone could link a guide or talent build for it that would be really nice!

2. May 19, 2017  
    Hey!

I'm gonna roll a rogue and i haven't played in TBC before. What is the most efficent and fastest leveling spec? And if anyone could link a guide or talent build for it that would be really nice!
    Most people level as Combat.

What i do is i level combat until i can get Hemo at lvl 30.

At lvl 30 i respec to this: http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...02300010000000

So you can pvp as you level up with hemo.

At lvl 50 Your build should look like this: http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...02321210501351

This is very strong build for dps and pvp.

Then i put points into assissation.

Or if you wanna lvl as combat use something like this with Swords Weapons:http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...00000000000000
    Edited: May 19, 2017

3. May 21, 2017  
    Are you using a sword or dagger MH for the hemo builds you listed?

4. May 22, 2017  
    In TBC Hemo doesn't scale with daggers, so you want the slowest possible weapon to use Hemo with.

Generally speaking you can forget about main hand daggers in TBC as Ambush is meh and Assassination is a weak spec.

Main hand as hemo = slow Swords/Maces all the way.

Edit : Blablalbla pretty much nailed it btw, Sub > Combat for levelling if you plan on doing any kind of pvp and/or if you like being able to actually survive sticky situations.
    Edited: May 22, 2017

5. May 22, 2017  
    Was assassination good for arena pvp at 70 or was it pretty much just sub all day every day?

6. May 22, 2017  
    Was assassination good for arena pvp at 70 or was it pretty much just sub all day every day?
    It can work if the rogue is very good, but a lot of truly viable specs were various iterations favoring the sub tree.

7. May 29, 2017  
    Without Improved ambush? I don't think so.

8. May 31, 2017  
    Ambush isn't that good of an opener in tbc...

9. June 2, 2017  
    Ambush isn't that good of an opener in tbc...
    why is bad?

10. June 2, 2017  
    Extra dmg? When u can Stun or Silence+Dots dmg, just if he is green and u go with other comp with burst = oneshot xD

11. June 6, 2017  
    Without Improved ambush? I don't think so.
    lol wtf so many newbs in this rogue forum! Wtf?

You dont open with ambush as sub rogue, You open with Cheapshot or Garrote(mage).

Then Hemo Until Kidney, Hemo more. Then eviscerate = Dead
    Edited: June 6, 2017

12. June 8, 2017  
    I don't see myself as a well seasoned Rogue, but while leveling I always go Combat mostly and put any extra points I can into extra crit. This also gives me the option of using whatever weapons I come across such as, Swords, Maces, and even Daggers.

at really low levels I open with a Garrote just to get some damage rolling on the target.

Followed by stacking 3 combo points and applying Slice and Dice, with Improve SnD this is really good.

Then I stack again if I have to and Eviserate.

Finally, I loot the mob and go to the next mob.

If I have more than 1 mob on me, SnD is really handy to drop that second mob in a hurry. If 3 mobs, be sure to pop evasion when you need to and feel free to pick up the talents to lower the CD on evasion.

Anyways, that's my advice, oh and from my experience it seems like Wound Poison is really great to help for added DPS. You can pick up your poisons at level 20.

Anyways, IMO I'd stick with Combat until 70 and add a second spec through the webpage if you want to do some pvp or build another spec for dungeons, but Combat seems to have the best energy regen and fastest killing, but rather sucks at pvp, so that's it's down side.

Take care and good luck!

13. Soo, how do you close that equipment gap while leveling?

14. Soo, how do you close that equipment gap while leveling?
    Asking the real questions here.

My solution was, NOT to roll rogue for the first. I lvld up a hunter real quick, with skinning+lw, so I can provide gear to my rogue alt while leveling. Also with a lvl 70 char, I have enough gold to afford weapons too. Otherwise you will be stuck with those poor 10-20lvl green items until lvl 60ish. Truly sucks to roll any melee up to lvl 60 tho. I also have a warrior at lvl 43 atm, and it's pure hell, even though I provided him weapons and some kind of gear aswell.

If you roll rogue as a main, it's gonna be a real pain in the ***, I recommend that at least you level your skinning+lw aswell, and try to get your hand on any useful weapon you can find.

15. In TBC Hemo doesn't scale with daggers, so you want the slowest possible weapon to use Hemo with.

Generally speaking you can forget about main hand daggers in TBC as Ambush is meh and Assassination is a weak spec.

Main hand as hemo = slow Swords/Maces all the way.

Edit : Blablalbla pretty much nailed it btw, Sub > Combat for levelling if you plan on doing any kind of pvp and/or if you like being able to actually survive sticky situations.
    ^this here sums it up very nicely.

The general cookie cutter leveling spec is and will always be Combat. HOWEVER, Hemo is OP on TBC so you might just as well go Sub since it also has some very nice PvP talents. Going Sub will also answer the gear gap question asked above because Sub is more slippery than Combat. A common misconception is that Sub plays with daggers and stuff - no: a TBC Sub rogue is played pretty much like a Combat rogue but with Shadowstep. Just forget about daggers altogether - Assa daggers, Sub daggers, Combat daggers are all inferior to PvE Combat with swords and PvP Sub with w/e slow MH you can get your hands on.

12 Last