1. May 9, 2017  

Server

Since we're all being redirected to bugtracker and closed topics, I actually wanted to ask how does that help? Most of the bugs are already in the bugtracker, a lot of them added a year ago, yet still nothing has been done with them. I get it ''each expansion has its own developers'' but how many developers does mop (and cata?) actually have? Last time we had fixes was back in January (changelog). We just feel like we're left out, not cared about, and that's why people are making these whiny posts including me. Cause server is slowly dying out, is Warmane gonna let it happen or do something to fix it?

2. May 9, 2017  
    If there is something important you could also pm a QA.

3. May 9, 2017  
    Devs are sending a clear message - they don't want to talk to players.

How many threads have been made asking about serious problems? Tons. How many of them were nice and by players, who've been supporting the server for years now? Quite a few. How many of them had a clear answer/were not instantly deleted? None.

That sends quite an obvious message - don't bring up issues, don't discuss them, just patiently wait for months or years on end for some fixes that might not even be that much requested, while we don't even bother to post changelogs when stuff does change.

When will ToT be looked at? When will longstanding, guild/playerbase killing bugs will be adressed? Are the solutions being worked on? Maybe it's really hard and you are struggling? Maybe someone is working their *** off on the server only to see constant stream of complaints?

And you know what? Slow development doesn't matter as long as it's good in the end. Bugs don't matter if you are working on them. Instances not working don't matter, if you are trying to open them. Lack of progress doesn't matter, if you have a reason for it.

What matters though, is that you don't give us ANY information. What are your plans for the server? Are gamebreaking bugs being looked at? Do you plan to develop for MoP till the end or is it losing money and you can't invest more into it? Maybe the server core is **** and you can't realistically plan on anything, because it breaks constantly and making it somewhat stable is all you can do?

Your silence and censoring is the reason why you see these threads popping up constantly. That's the reason why people are ****ting all over the server everywhere they go. Communication is important, and there is none on these forums. You just hand out infractions like candy and don't see an issue. We need an open discussion, not radio silence.

4. May 9, 2017  
    What matters though, is that you don't give us ANY information. What are your plans for the server? Are gamebreaking bugs being looked at? Do you plan to develop for MoP till the end or is it losing money and you can't invest more into it? Maybe the server core is **** and you can't realistically plan on anything, because it breaks constantly and making it somewhat stable is all you can do?

Your silence and censoring is the reason why you see these threads popping up constantly. That's the reason why people are ****ting all over the server everywhere they go. Communication is important, and there is none on these forums. You just hand out infractions like candy and don't see an issue. We need an open discussion, not radio silence.
    This. I couldn't have said it better myself.

5. May 9, 2017  
    the last fixes were less than a month ago, not january dimwit
    quit whining about how fixes are not fast enough for you on a free server

6. May 9, 2017  
    How many of them were nice and by players, who've been supporting the server for years now? Quite a few. How many of them had a clear answer/were not instantly deleted? None.
    Being nice while breaking Forum rules is still breaking Forum rules.

That sends quite an obvious message - don't bring up issues, don't discuss them, just patiently wait for months or years on end for some fixes that might not even be that much requested, while we don't even bother to post changelogs when stuff does change.
    No, the quite obvious message it should be sending is respect the Forum rules. Threads that respect them remain, and as Blue points out, you're free to send PMs to QAs and CMs with your questions.

Again, there's no censoring, just enforcement of the Forum rules. That's the direct job of Forum Moderators. We're not Developers and aren't part of development discussions or planning. The sort of communication you want should come from QAs or CMs, and if it doesn't happens as spontaneously as you'd like you already have been presented with an option for how to proceed.

7. May 9, 2017  
    There's always someone who says that. Sure, it's a free server, but it has lots of people who support it financially so why aren't we allowed to whine once in a while? :) Warmane is a bigger project compared to those small servers, who has few developers with IRL jobs.

8. May 9, 2017  
    Sir, the latest fix on bugtracker was 2 weeks ago and the last report marked as pending was 1 week ago... IDK if you call that fast or slow but imo it is slower than what they said it will be (Devoting more developers to mop after wotlk is at an accepted level). also, don't repeat that it is a free server... we all know it and we really thank all developers for all this effort BUT if they want to keep their MoP community, they really need to pay it more attention or it will be like Neltharion in near future.

@Obnoxious, which rule is this sort of threads against? rule #7?!

9. May 9, 2017  
    @Obnoxious, which rule is this sort of threads against? rule #7?!
    Depends on the case. #7, #9 and #12 are the most prevailing.

10. May 9, 2017  
    Okay, I get it. Rules are rules and you have no information at all.

But how are we supposed to get a discussion going if any mention of a bug gets instantly deleted and some bugs are there for literally a year. How do you suppose players feel, when some bosses are broken, nothing is being said from the devs and some bugs are marked "Fixed" and aren't fixed?

Do you think silence is the answer to people who are leaving everyday? Does deleting threads help them feel better and more assured about the state of the server?

Sure, we can PM QA (which is news to most of us since there is no information about it anywhere), but it's basically asking for QA's inbox to be filled with messages. Also it won't sole the communication crisis at all. Sure, certain people might get the info, but will all the players PM QA? Will all of them receive replies? Will a new player see that information? Wouldn't having it in the open help more?

There is a huge need for more transparency.

11. May 9, 2017  
    You can and always could PM a QA about the Issues (<capitalized for importance) and maybe some general questions, but not questions about server plans/development/etc.
    Developers are here to fix bugs, not chat on forums. They may occasionally drop in, but time spent chatting with you about the issues is time spent not fixing your issues. So, would you rather talk about them or get them fixed.
    What are the currently plans and what are we currently working in you can see on the devlog and bugtracker.
    And to repeat myself again, if theres something important you can pm QA with bugtracker link.

In the end, if you want to speak to someone those would be CMs, QAs are still kind of like developers and should be checking those issues you report instead of chatting.

12. May 9, 2017  
    But how are we supposed to get a discussion going if any mention of a bug gets instantly deleted and some bugs are there for literally a year. How do you suppose players feel, when some bosses are broken, nothing is being said from the devs and some bugs are marked "Fixed" and aren't fixed?
    Simply put, Forum discussions of certain sorts aren't supposed to "get going" from my perspective. Bugs exist, it's part of even retail, and much more so of private servers. Playing in a private server has an inherent acceptance that there will be bugs, there will be focus on bug fixes - which might not match your preference - and there are bugs that might take a long time to get fixed - or even never get fixed. I'd expect players to be frustrated with bugged content, but trying to use the Forums to vent aggressively isn't going to make them get fixed. It's not like our Developers are sitting on their asses doing nothing and drama will "wake them up" to come work, they simply might be allocated on something else.

Also, if a bug is marked as fixed but remains in game, either send a PM to a QA about it for clarification or create a new bug report exposing what exactly is missing.

Do you think silence is the answer to people who are leaving everyday? Does deleting threads help them feel better and more assured about the state of the server?
    No, I don't think silence is the answer, but it's not for me to give the answers sought. It is for me to enforce the Forums rules, though. If making someone feel better relies on I not doing my job, they aren't going to feel better.

Sure, we can PM QA (which is news to most of us since there is no information about it anywhere), but it's basically asking for QA's inbox to be filled with messages. Also it won't sole the communication crisis at all. Sure, certain people might get the info, but will all the players PM QA? Will all of them receive replies? Will a new player see that information? Wouldn't having it in the open help more?
    It's even part of the mentioned Forum Rule #7 that users should send a PM to a Staff member pertinent to the matter, so this is only news to people who pretended to read the rules, but didn't actually do so. To your other questions, you're capable of sending a PM to a QA or CM asking them to make a thread or reply to a post clarifying/communicating something in the open.

13. May 9, 2017  
    Okay, I know this will let you delete my post and give me an infraction, but look at one of the most progress stopping bugs there are in SoO right now: https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/26497

It's been reported 9 months ago for the first time and now this report (the one I linked) which is the most recent (3 months ago) is marked as "Fixed". But it's not fixed at all, the orbs are still bugged as ****, go on tanks, explode for million damage and make the encounter (together with bugged mob HP and damage from drakes/bonecrushers) pretty much impossible for pugs unless they overgear it tremendously and know how to exploit the system.

And it's been like this for 9 months now, don't forget. People want answers and PMing QA is not really an answer they are looking for. They will encounter Galakras, deem it impossible and leave.

The same is with several other bugs, but let's stop it there.

It's things like this, that make people angry and force them to leave. Lack of communication, lack of fixes for most important things.

We don't need them to reveal their buisiness plan, we need communication.

14. May 9, 2017  
    I really don't think the core of the issue people have are bugs. I think the issue is moreso on the way staff has been acting recently regarding communication. If you think about it, the TBC server launch is very reminicent of MoP's launch back on Molten.

In both cases devs had been assigned to a new realm that no-one was told about, while the previous realms (wotlk/cata back then, cata/mop today) were forgotten.

Recently its felt like we're going back on all the promises we were made when Warmane launched. There is no community input, there are no weekly q/a streams, and no communication on where resources are allocated. I know you're a reasonable person Obnoxious, so surely you must realize just how much like Molten we've become in just 2 years.

To my fellow players, despite what we're told, I very much doubt there's a significant amount of devs working on MoP. I honestly think Skybro is the only one working on this realm right now because of TBC's launch coming soon. Sadly though, we have no idea if MoP will be worked on next or if Warmane will decide to make a Vanilla, WoD, Legion realm, or work on Cata instead...

If staff truly want to show that Warmane isn't going to continue on the path towards what Molten was, we should get a list that shows all the devs and QA and show which realm they are currently assigned to. We should also get a road map of what the plan is for the next year. That is what open communication looks like. That is what Warmane was supposedly built on.

15. May 9, 2017  
    I think I wrote this in some other thread before, but yeah, I don't feel like mop/cata is getting enough attention right now. WotLK has been decent server for a while now, and now a lot of focus went on to TBC, u can even see it in the changelogs. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy those bugs are getting fixed. After that is launched, I'm sure there will be a progressive TBC afterwards with no marketplace, just like Lordaeron, since half the people want that aswell. By then, neltharion is probably dead, why wouldn't it be? It already has few hundred people playing on peak times, and the forum is such a mess. I'd give it till end of year. Then perhaps there will be a vanilla realm? Maybe. With TBC/WotLK being decent, and vanilla being also one of the highly wanted 'expansions'. But with that, MoP again won't recieve enough love and it will become next neltharion. Dead. It's already going that way. I'm sure it isn't easy to script since the game core is different since cata, I just wish there was a playable (focused on) MoP realm because in reality it's a good expansion. Some people may look in the other way cause of the ''oh no pandas'' but there was actually so much to do in that expansion, raids were fun, pvp was great. Timeless island. Anyways. I'm just sharing my point of view on how the servers could be in the future.

123 ... Last