1. May 9, 2017  

So...how is Cataclysm?

I've been playing on Lordaeron since December, its my first experience with World of Warcraft, and its everything I hoped it would be all these years that I wanted to play it but was never able to
    So, I was thinking about giving Cataclysm a shot, because why not?Despite de huh...negative opinion of some players about Cataclysm, I heard quite a lot of good things about the expansion from critics and it really interested me
    But it doesnt look like its in very good shape, from what I saw in the forums, sorry if this was already discussed a lot, but what do you guys think about the server?Is it worth to give it a shot despite the low population?I'm mostly interested in PVE anyway, but it doesnt mean that it wont be a problem if there isnt much people playing
    Thanks in advance

2. May 9, 2017  
    I played for about 2 years on it, you could give it a try.

3. May 9, 2017  
    If you really want to try cata i think now will be the worst moment to try it 'cause they are relasing TBC realm and all staff concentration will be involved in that, as they do previously with the wtlk big server, cata as expansion imho is awsome but you know, is not that funny to play on a low populated realm, as u can see from the users online statistics :) still in old time was really good administrated indeed they reached really a high population and had more realms with this expansion, staff just sayid " no time to care about 3 expansion we can only focus on panda and wtlk, we will keep fixing just the big exploit to leave ppl enjoy the expansion " now they relased TBC realm and will take more staff member that means...idk if it will be worth it but why not, still with 7x xp u can reach lvl 85 in 2-3 day playing like a human (not like a nerd :P) and let's say other 2-3 days to get the RHOT set (that is like FOS/POS/HOS set) and you should be able at least to see Dragon Soul, the end game raid, and make few bgs without be 1shotted

4. May 10, 2017  
    with 7x xp u can reach lvl 85 in 2-3 day playing
    Xp rates had been lowered to 3x. This includes professions, reputations, gold and obviously leveling.

5. May 10, 2017  
    I played for about 2 years on it, you could give it a try.
    Is this some sort of mocking to us, Cata players? It has to be coming from someone with your rank.

6. May 10, 2017  
    Is this some sort of mocking to us, Cata players? It has to be coming from someone with your rank.
    Why do you feel like that? I genuinely played Cata for the longest time. From realm first to a point I lost my character.

7. May 10, 2017  
    Indeed, professions, reputations and gold were lowered to x3 rates, but the leveling experience is still x7

just try it yourself

8. May 11, 2017  
    I genuinely played Cata for the longest time. From realm first to a point I lost my character.
    There are far more of us out there that feel this same way than you realize. Looking through the Nelth forum, you still see consistent activity, and while there is a lot of complaining/despair, there is also a lot of hoping for better and encouragement to persevere.

Remember, though, that we lost more than just our characters and hard work, we lost a lot work on the Cata expansion as a substantial amount of enhancements/fixes in zones/spells/content were also lost in that 'incident'. Even after that, we still came back with a surprising number of active players. It wasn't until the effort to rebuild Cata was deprioritized in favor of LK (and apparently TBC) that the population really started to drop off.

I sincerely wish that the torch had continued on making Molten/Warmane Cata top of the list again, but I still hold hope that it can be again. There's still time, it's just going to take work - from both the development side as well as community promotion and advertising (let's get back into Google search results for free private Cata realms).

Don't give up on us, and we won't give up on you!

--------------------------------

@OP: I'd recommend giving it a spin if you're interested. The XP rate for toons is still x7, so you can get to Cata content relatively quickly (if you don't worry about leveling professions or grinding faction rep). Much of the Cata content is playable. Most dungeons and raids are in decent shape overall, PVE zone content can be a bit iffy depending on the zone, and PVP (BGs and arena) generally work as expected, but BG matchmaking is a bit iffy and RDF is effectively non-existent (everyone forms a full 5-man party before queueing, so look for parties in global). Finally, pick a race that doesn't start in a phased zone (like DK or goblin) to save yourself some headaches early on.
    Edited: May 11, 2017 Reason: Adding response to OP

9. May 21, 2017  
    I really hope the staff of this server doesn't shut it down!! Me and sooo many other people would be sad and have a bit of anger :c
    I love getting home and jumping on Cata whether its a time when not much people are on, but it is still sooo much fun playing it and exploring the zones,
    and plus the Talent System after Cata, for alot of players is not the greatest and one of the many reason's we play it.

PLEASE IF YOU READ THIS ANY MODERATOR, Take it into account and don't shut us out :( ...
    Thank you,