1. May 11, 2017  

What about stack-able Soul Shards?

As title states, I heard this topic being considered - is the idea of warlock SoulShards stacking in inventory still in consideration or was it dismissed?
    (to keep it fair, hunter arrows could also stack bit more, given the quiver provides some additional stats contrary to soul bag)
    What others think?
    Ye ye its not blizzlike, but personally I dont find those life-easing processes somehow ruining TBC experience.

2. May 11, 2017  

3. May 11, 2017  
    i dont think this is a problem, you always keep your 20+bag full. And when raiding you grab what you wasted on trash and you wont be the only warlock.
    But hunters have a diffrent problem they run out, and then have to HS or grab a portal or fill their whole inventory on a long raid.

So for Hunters yeah it will be a QoL change, As for warlocks i dont see it beeing as a big issue. But we all know what have happend in retail with QoL changes. its dangerous xD

4. May 11, 2017  
    I beg to differ. Ofc you come into raid with 35+ shards, but few nice wipes at boss, everyone wants summon, respec, grab this and that in bank and suddenly you need to take a break from Illidan proggression because all 4 warlocks are down to 1 shard (For each pull: Sucubus, HS (3 kinds), SS, some summons). Been there :) not saying you run out of Shards every raid, but it does happen more then you think evne if you drain the trash all you can.
    and also the fact that it simply takes space in our bags, would you like to loose 28 slots in your bag? (and Soul bag, as mentioned above, does not provide any bonus to us, its just bag with bit more slots, no extra spelldmg, attack speed or anything )

But hunters have a diffrent problem they run out, and then have to HS or grab a portal or fill their whole inventory on a long raid.
    ^ and who summons them back? :)
    Edited: May 11, 2017

5. May 11, 2017  
    I don't mind this being implemented.
    I (also) used to play hunter in TBC and it always felt unfair to have less bag space compared to other classes. It doesn't affect anyone so I don't see why not.

6. May 11, 2017  
    yeah its a QoL change that for sure. Ive played warlock in retail tbc so i can relate to what you are saying.
    But if that is the argument then its the same for all classes that need Reagents or likewise. And im not sure i would like to point fingers and saying someclasses dont have to.

7. May 11, 2017  
    I'm more conceraned with stackable soul stones, aka having warlock alts that log in just to cast soultstone on raid members.

8. May 12, 2017  
    I don't mind this being implemented.
    I (also) used to play hunter in TBC and it always felt unfair to have less bag space compared to other classes. It doesn't affect anyone so I don't see why not.

less bag space for the hunter? the answer to the problem is simple....mastercard into thori'dal into infinity arrow into profit.

9. May 12, 2017  
    They should just remove soul shards, arrows and reagents needed for pallys and priests to buff. I mean we are in 2017 are we gonna play on server that still has these useless things?

10. May 12, 2017  
    It would affect tailoring profitability in a way, sould bags would be useless.

11. May 12, 2017  
    They should just remove soul shards, arrows and reagents needed for pallys and priests to buff. I mean we are in 2017 are we gonna play on server that still has these useless things?
    srsly come back to legion....tbc isn't for u...anyway reading the forum i think that the tbc isn't for the 70% of the ppl in here at least...

12. May 12, 2017  
    srsly come back to legion....tbc isn't for u...anyway reading the forum i think that the tbc isn't for the 70% of the ppl in here at least...
    Take it easy.

13. May 12, 2017  
    If you wanna do that, create a Soulstone and charge it, literally. It'd have X maximum charges...

Oh, wait.

It's tBC. That's not the way it's meant to be. And I don't think it's a so called QoL feature since it only benefits warlocks. Each class has their own things to deal with. If you were to do that, then you should compensate other classes with their reagents, mana jewels (or what you wanna call them), etc.
    I think what you're suggesting is not a QoL feature and in fact it would unbalance certain things.

14. May 13, 2017  
    If you wanna do that, create a Soulstone and charge it, literally. It'd have X maximum charges...

Oh, wait.

It's tBC. That's not the way it's meant to be. And I don't think it's a so called QoL feature since it only benefits warlocks. Each class has their own things to deal with. If you were to do that, then you should compensate other classes with their reagents, mana jewels (or what you wanna call them), etc.
    I think what you're suggesting is not a QoL feature and in fact it would unbalance certain things.
    I do believe it is QoL because I dont see any other classes having to carry around at least 20 unstackable items. Sure they need reagents, but last time I checked they all stacked to 10-20 and werent BoP (meaning other people can give you some, buy them withing seconds from vendor contrary to Shards). Having Soul Shards stack by 10 or even 5 would be quite enough for me :)
    Or what specific examples of other classes carrying unstackable neccessary items around you mean?
    Edit: I am also curious in the "it would unbalance certain things"? Maybe I havent though this through

15. May 13, 2017  
    I do believe it is QoL because I dont see any other classes having to carry around at least 20 unstackable items. Sure they need reagents, but last time I checked they all stacked to 10-20 and werent BoP (meaning other people can give you some, buy them withing seconds from vendor contrary to Shards). Having Soul Shards stack by 10 or even 5 would be quite enough for me :)
    Or what specific examples of other classes carrying unstackable neccessary items around you mean?
    Yeah that is true but then they would have to put a cap on how many you can have, since "unlimited" Soul Shards sounds like a dangerous thing.
    And not only does it sound strong but imagine when you farmed 300 of them, you would basicly remove the need for the "core mechanic" of the class
    Edited: May 13, 2017