1. May 14, 2017  

2. May 14, 2017  
    Same for quick arena start button and increased nameplates range
    All these changes would be flawless
    For namepalte range, they would have to distribute a modified client. It has nothing to do with the server.

3. May 14, 2017  
    not sure why it's even needed to post this on the forums, there's literally NO downside to this whatsoever
    There are a few:

*Takes away surprise factor from some comps like rogue/mage, rogue/rogue, rogue/druid, mage/mage.
    *Nerfs druids cyclone opener from stealth
    *Shadowmeld meme at start

You will rarely know what comp you are facing on servers with a large populations, which makes comps that rely on their surprise factor much more viable.

Like two pom pyro mages starting off with invis. The other team knowing that from the very beginning of the arena will allow them to prepare themselves in a much different way. Same with the other comps I listed.

Now if there's a way to fix this other than just for the server to send the info as soon as the gates open, but rather sending the info in different ways such as right before the first combat action is taken or something similar. Then that would be really good.

4. May 14, 2017  

5. May 15, 2017  

6. May 16, 2017  
    There are a few:

*Takes away surprise factor from some comps like rogue/mage, rogue/rogue, rogue/druid, mage/mage.
    *Nerfs druids cyclone opener from stealth
    *Shadowmeld meme at start

You will rarely know what comp you are facing on servers with a large populations, which makes comps that rely on their surprise factor much more viable.

Like two pom pyro mages starting off with invis. The other team knowing that from the very beginning of the arena will allow them to prepare themselves in a much different way. Same with the other comps I listed.

Now if there's a way to fix this other than just for the server to send the info as soon as the gates open, but rather sending the info in different ways such as right before the first combat action is taken or something similar. Then that would be really good.
    The surprise factor doesnt realy have a big influence on arena.
    Also people that are fast enought will have enought time to interupt theyre cyclone of los it

Put this in balance with buggin focus /target every game its like no way the downsides will overdo the good side of this .
    People will play 3v3 also and having 1 rog and 1 druid bugged in gladdy will be just terrible game braking

7. May 16, 2017  
    The surprise factor doesnt realy have a big influence on arena.
    Also people that are fast enought will have enought time to interupt theyre cyclone of los it

Put this in balance with buggin focus /target every game its like no way the downsides will overdo the good side of this .
    People will play 3v3 also and having 1 rog and 1 druid bugged in gladdy will be just terrible game braking
    No it's not... simply click on him and its not bugged anymore

8. May 16, 2017  
    That is not how it works. If that was how it worked, this whole thread wouldn't exist...

9. May 16, 2017  
    It would be a great QoL improvement and would increase the skillcap for a lot of classes imo, +1.

10. May 16, 2017  
    Ur wrong bro

11. May 16, 2017  
    Signed 100x. This is incredibly annoying

12. May 17, 2017  
    There are actual gameplay downsides:

Warlock starts casting voidwalker few seconds before gates open, if he sees rogue/rogue or feral/rogue, he finishes casting it. It also nerfs human racial - perception in RD. Or as mentioned before, this nerfs druids opening cyclone tactic.

I am all for this change, but isnt it possible to send that information when enemy engages in combat no matter what?
    Edited: May 17, 2017

13. May 17, 2017  
    +1 Schaka.
    ----
    I know the feel for the surprise effect since I love this aspect of arenas but there are probably a lot more good reason to fix that. Hope to read staff position about this asap

14. May 17, 2017  
    There are actual gameplay downsides:

Warlock starts casting voidwalker few seconds before gates open, if he sees rogue/rogue or feral/rogue, he finishes casting it. It also nerfs human racial - perception in RD. Or as mentioned before, this nerfs druids opening cyclone tactic.

I am all for this change, but isnt it possible to send that information when enemy engages in combat no matter what?
    Potentially, they could choose to send this info to the client just before triggering combat. But then you HAVE to make sure the client has enough time to receive the package and interpret it (around 25ms maximum after receiving it).

I am more than willing to discuss with whoever wants to implement this, to maybe find a more clean solution together than to send the info as soon as the gates open. I could, for example, modify Gladdy to only take player name and GUID, then update the other data later. That would be enough to create macros.

15. May 17, 2017  
    Potentially, they could choose to send this info to the client just before triggering combat. But then you HAVE to make sure the client has enough time to receive the package and interpret it (around 25ms maximum after receiving it).

I am more than willing to discuss with whoever wants to implement this, to maybe find a more clean solution together than to send the info as soon as the gates open. I could, for example, modify Gladdy to only take player name and GUID, then update the other data later. That would be enough to create macros.
    That would still affect the surprise factor for some teams. By the time you play someone more than once you will probably remember their name and what spec/setup they are playing, and this scenario is going to happen a lot, affecting the teams that rely on this surprise factor like svendl already explained.

There has to be a way to get the data necessary to make it work without giving the user that extra information that would kill some teams.

I am ok with the change either way though, it's pretty frustrating to deal with the bugged frames for the whole arena and the downsides aren't that bad tbh.

Thanks for your hard work schaka.

First 1234 Last