1. May 12, 2017  

Settings resetting, and more

I have kind of an odd problem...nothing game breaking, or anything. Just weird and annoying.

Every time I log on, the cinematic replays. I hit escape to avoid it. Then I have to accept the terms of service, every time. And then, finally, it'll let me select the server my one character is on, and play him. Why does it make me do this every time? Is there a folder I need to delete, or something easy like that?

Also, my sound and video settings keep resetting, such as error speech coming back on, and weather graphics, both of which I hate. But not my interface settings. Those stay how I've set them.

And in a possibly related, possibly unrelated problem, the sound is sometimes messed up. Such as, when I'm smelting ore, or jewelcrafting, there's no sound. And sometimes when I'm fighting, the combat sounds are missing. Sometimes there, sometimes missing. It's bizarre.

My friend and I downloaded the game from the same place, and he experiences none of these problems. He can even hear me doing things when I can't. I'm wondering if I somehow have a corrupted game file or two, or something, but I'm not knowledgeable enough about the process to even begin to proceed on my own.

Anyone have any helpful ideas?

2. May 12, 2017  
    Follow these steps:
    1) Restart your PC ( this is important)
    2) close your Torrent client and move your WoW folder away from your Torrent's download destination
    3) now right click on WoW folder> Properties> remove "read-only".

3. May 12, 2017  
    Thanks! That fixed the sign-in and settings issue.

I won't know about sound until later. But so far, a huge improvement.

:-)