1. May 12, 2017  

[Addon] EPGP Lootmaster

Hey Guys,

my Guild is using the EPGP Lootsystem for Lootdistribution in our Raids. Now I'm trying to get them running on Version 2.4.3.

We are using the Addons EPGP (dkp reloaded) for assigning the points to our members, which are saved in the Officer's Note per player. I found some working Versions, at the moment I'm using Version epgp-3.3.9.
    For the Lootassignment you usually use EPGP Lootmaster, but since there is no Version for 2.4.3 I tryed some newer Versions; 3.0.2 - 3.0.8 seem to be working pretty much as intended. I'm trying to get v0.3.33 fully working.
    Sadly those newer Versions can't get the EPGP Values from the Officer's Note. Instead all it shows for EP | GP | PR is a ? which is strange.
    Spoiler: Show

I tried looking for the function in the code but since I'm not that experienced in LuA I cant seem to find it.
    First I thing I looked for was a function like GetNumGuildMembers() which in my experience can be used to get all the member values, including the officernote string. Sadly I didn't find anything close to that so I kept looking in the epgp_lootmaster_ml/lootmaster_ml LuA-File and found a function:
    row: 827
    Code:
    function LootMasterML:GetEP( player )
        local ep, gp = self:GetEPGP( player );
        if not ep then return -1 end;
        return ep or 0
    end
    But at this point I'm pretty much lost.
    Anyone out there with some LuA experience, who could help me figure this out? Any help via Comments or PM would be appreciated.

2. May 14, 2017  
    GetNumGuildMembers() gets the number of members in the guild roster, nothing else.

The function you're looking for is GetGuildRosterInfo() which accepts the guild roster index as argument and returns everything there is to know about the guild member as result, though im pretty sure that's the name of the function in WotLK API, so if the TBC functions are different, you'd have to try and find its equivalent in TBC and then refactor the code to use that name instead.

For example, if you're looking to backport your addon from 3.0.2 to 2.4.3, here you can see the API changes between those two patches: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_3.0.2/API_changes

As for the function you linked, it clearly makes no API calls whatsoever, it just calls the function GetEPGP() to get both EP and GP and then returns only the EP variable. If you wanna see where the addon breaks, you're going to have to go further down the rabbit hole and open up the GetEPGP() function to see if it makes any unsupported API calls, and then open up any functions called within to see if THEY make any unsupported API calls until you fix all of them to use the appropriate API.

As for which calls specifically would break the addon and which calls would be an adequate substitute, you're going to have to dig through the documentation yourself. A good starting point is looking them up on http://wowprogramming.com/docs/api_categories#guild and then sifting through the API changes on wowwiki to find the substitutes.

3. May 16, 2017  
    Yeah meant to write GetGuildRosterInfo() ... copy pasta at its finest.
    I looked a "bit" more into it and found a call from the EPGP Lootmaster to the EPGP (DKP reloaded), since the old DKP reloaded Version doesn't support the EPGP Lootmaster at all, that means no getEPGP / getEP / get GP / etc. **** is breaking apart.
    So after spending some time refreshing my programming skills I wrote my own getFunctions and tweeked a lot of small stuff. I used the GetGuildRosterInfo() to get all the relevant values from the Guild Informations instead of looking into the cache from the EPGP Lootmaster. Implemented some Error Handling, Chat-Outputs, and some default settings so that there is no possibility to devide EP and GP with GP = 0. Took me more time than anticipated but it's working almost completely now, a few functions can be fixed as well but since we wont using them, I leave it be.
    Spoiler: Show

Thank you for your reply, guess I needed a little push to dive right into this. Hopefully my Guild is as happy about this as I am.
    Edited: May 16, 2017

4. I clicked on the link you have provided for epgp lootmaster, DL it and i shows that its working in my addon list at login. however when in game i cant seem to get it to show at all. I have made a dummy raid to try and test it (with blue drops only sofar) and nothing pops up. is there a "/" command that is needed or amd i missing something?

5. Since this guy posted his problem and said he fixed it without actually giving us the fix, here is the fixed version of the loot master addon.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=367473

6. May 20, 2018  
    Sorry for necroposting. Quick question about the lootmaster addon. I was trying to figure out if there was a way to save the settings made in the lootmaster config window. Atm my guildmates and I have to reapply changes made to the settings everytime we open the game. Is there any way to save them? No clue how to do it either. Just wondering if you figured it out by now.