1. May 20, 2017  
    To put it simply, it is far worse now. Destroyed balance. Nothing can stand up to certain RDPS (Hunter/FMage particularly).

If you enjoyed playing melee in World PvP.. I got some bad news for you.

2. May 22, 2017  
    To put it simply, it is far worse now. Destroyed balance. Nothing can stand up to certain RDPS (Hunter/FMage particularly).

If you enjoyed playing melee in World PvP.. I got some bad news for you.
    These changes dont hit only melees, pretty much all classes can use line of sight to their benefit. For instance, its much harder to avoid cc as a healer nowadays. I would argue only hunters are happy about the lack of LoS.

3. May 23, 2017  
    Bottom line: this IS how it was on retail. If you don't like the World of Warcraft game design, take it up with Blizzard. The Warmane devs are just doing their job of emulating the game on retail.

As far as melee and hunters, can anyone say with a straight face that sub rogues, ret paladins, warriors and ferals don't have an extremely good chance to beat a mm hunter 1v1 on WOTLK?

I remember watching Dillypoo (multi-rank 1 hunter) livestreaming himself doing some duels on Blackrock. He was losing a LOT to warriors and other melee, things like charge-disengage-intercept (with stun and likely a shadowmourne in the hand of the warrior) makes life pretty hard for hunters in WOTLK.
    Edited: May 23, 2017

4. May 23, 2017  
    As far as melee and hunters, can anyone say with a straight face that sub rogues, ret paladins, warriors and ferals don't have an extremely good chance to beat a mm hunter 1v1 on WOTLK?.
    so as i see u have no clue at all lul. It is impossible to beat skilled hunter as warrior or feral (i dont play rogues or paladins, so i have no clue about their chance)

5. May 23, 2017  
    Bottom line: this IS how it was on retail. If you don't like the World of Warcraft game design, take it up with Blizzard. The Warmane devs are just doing their job of emulating the game on retail.
    You're missing the point, wotlk didn't have transmogs but yet we have them. I'm not saying transmogs are bad, but since you're comparing ''blizzlike'' there you go. Just because how something was on blizzard back in the day doesn't make it better

6. May 23, 2017  
    Legit questions: Could you charge up a steep incline that you can't otherwise climb on retail too ? Could you die under the map after getting feared or charge failing ?

7. May 24, 2017  

As far as melee and hunters, can anyone say with a straight face that sub rogues, ret paladins, warriors and ferals don't have an extremely good chance to beat a mm hunter 1v1 on WOTLK?

I remember watching Dillypoo (multi-rank 1 hunter) livestreaming himself doing some duels on Blackrock. He was losing a LOT to warriors and other melee, things like charge-disengage-intercept (with stun and likely a shadowmourne in the hand of the warrior) makes life pretty hard for hunters in WOTLK.
    Really? You know for a fact it was like this in wotlk retail based on a video that is not from wotlk? Also, any hunter who dies to a warrior because he used disengage and then got an intercept stun is not a r1 hunter anywhere. What's worse yet, any hunter with half a brain can now easily get away from a warrior and run around a tree. Sure, I can charge him from the other side, but I think that gives me like a 47% chance of falling through the ground. Even if it was blizzlike, as Sumic said, blizzlike does not mean it's better.

8. May 30, 2017  
    Really? You know for a fact it was like this in wotlk retail based on a video that is not from wotlk?
    I know from my own experience playing hunter that it was like that with the trees in the Stormwind duel area from WOTLK onward. I started playing on Warmane after a long time on retail, and one of the first things I did after joining was watch the duels in the SW duel area. That's the very first thing that jumped out at me- that people were using the trees as los.

It's fine if you don't want to believe me, but there are 4 videos in that bug report:

https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/43737

The first is from WoD, the second and third are from Cata, and the fourth is from Vanilla.

Now you tell me: what are the odds that Blizzard decided to implement a different los system for WOTLK than it had before and after that expansion?

9. May 30, 2017  
    @Treba
    The point some people are trying to make is not how things worked, but what is logical and better for overall gameplay and game expirience.
    Warmane alrdy made some custom scripts that work a bit diferent from back in the days, things that blizzard was maybe lazy to fix, didnt have the time, didnt have the need, didnt care about them, didnt have resources, who knows, but when it comes to LoS, the state of it was a lot better before this new so called "fix"...
    I was literaly shoting a rogue, as a hunter, trough a huge *** tree while he was trying to LoS me, and it felt ******ed.

10. May 30, 2017  

11. May 30, 2017  
    @Treba
    I was literaly shoting a rogue, as a hunter, trough a huge *** tree while he was trying to LoS me, and it felt ******ed.
    Tell the rogue to spec sub (or become competent if he's already sub) and he can shadow dance cheap shot you on your flare, stun lock you with no ability to trinket, or if you do trinket the kidney (he can disarm you from stopping deterrence), blind you, restealth (he can improved gouge the pet if the hunter has him attack while blinded) and kill you when he reopens. That's the standard strat sub rogues use to lol-pwn hunters in WOTLK, it happens all the time, and it doesn't involve hiding behind a tree.

Bottom line- sub rogues, arms warriors, rets and ferals should be able to kill hunters 1v1 in WOTLK even without hiding behind a tree. There's no los in the Orgrimmar and Ironforge duel areas, and melee beats hunter all the time there. In fact, I think melee who honed their 1v1 skills vs. hunters in the Stormwind area are hurting their skills by relying on hiding behind the tree, since they are failing to learn the very real ways they can 1v1 a hunter with no los. Inevitably, they will face a hunter with no tree to hide behind and, if they haven't learned how to play, will think "oh crap- no tree to hide behind, what now?"

To me, the duel environment is an artificial one in which for some strange reason you can't go more than 40 yards or whatever from the duel banner. That's a dumb and illogical limitation for a hunter, since his whole advantage is based on max range kiting. So I don't see ignoring the Stormwind tree as being anything unfair within a duel setting. Don't recall anyone complaining about it on retail, since it just kind of evens out the mechanics of the Stormwind and other duel areas.

In every form of instanced pvp that matters, trees, pillars, etc. do provide los.
    Edited: May 30, 2017

12. May 30, 2017  
    @Treba
    Yea, u are right...
    After killing another rogue using that Shadow Dance, he shouldve just ate a magical banana to reset his HP and Cooldown while i was shoting him from 41 yards. My god, how bad was he... Learn to play scrubs. Who need trees?!
    P.S. It wasnt a /duel situation where this happened.

LoS only works in Arenas as far as i know, since in BGs u can also shot people that try to hide behind solid objects.
    Lucky thing all range attacks are cool and stronk, so they just defy logic and go trough them. Yay for range classes!
    We all know how fun it is to play a melee class in Alterac, lets also delete every sort of LoS in world so we make things a bit equal. Oh, wait...
    Imagine arenas without any kind of LoS. Do u think anyone would bother playing a Melee Class there? no.

Again, the whole point of this thread is not if u can win a 1v1 duel or not using a tree in SW (altho i really doubt u ever dueled a good hunter i guess)...
    The point is that, hiding behind a freaking huge tree, rock, any kind of solid object, should provide u with protection.
    If that is the law in Arenas, it should be everywhere else aswell.
    U want to tell me that its perfectly fine and logical to be able to hide behind couple of boxes in Dalaran Arena, but, not beeing able to hide behind that huge Rock in the midle of WSG?
    Talking about dumb and ilogical limitations...

The LoS we had before this "fix" was better for overall PvP expirience. Some attacks shouldnt ignore solid objects while others cant do that.

13. May 30, 2017  
    Crying about LoS but not crying being 1 shot by a stupid retry through 1.2k resi and dispersion. Ye. First fix that retry bypassing all dmg reductions then lets talk about CASTERS that are already underdogs in pvp.

14. May 30, 2017  
    so as i see u have no clue at all lul. It is impossible to beat skilled hunter as warrior or feral (i dont play rogues or paladins, so i have no clue about their chance)
    Sorry, but that's total bs in a duel setting with the range limitation. I don't care how much you think it's true, it's not. Homerjay is one of the best hunters on this realm, and he says in his guide "5. Kiting of melees. In theory it seems pretty much impossible to kite a warr right? He charges you --> disengage --> intercept --> gg." And he's talking about arena, with a greater ability to kite. There are strats for dealing with warriors, such as having a ravager pet by your side who stuns the warrior when he intercepts, but it's a tough fight especially with all the burst warriors have on this server.

I'm not saying a good hunter can't beat a warrior, he can, but your statement is total bs. If you think it's impossible for the warrior to beat a good hunter in a duel, then you're a bad warrior, end of story. If you want some video proof, he's Swifty beating a retail arena master hunter in an open-world, full range environment, even though the hunter used rocket boots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb9NCWxg0d0

And Swifty didn't even have a tree to hide behind (and the hunter didn't have to stay close to a duel banner)! But wait, this can't happen according to you. My bad.

Warriors lost intercept in Cata- I would kind of agree with you then. But just by pressing his charge and intercept macros, which is really easy to do, the warrior puts a lot of pressure on the hunter with the automatic stuns.

15. May 30, 2017  
    Crying about LoS but not crying being 1 shot by a stupid retry through 1.2k resi and dispersion. Ye. First fix that retry bypassing all dmg reductions then lets talk about CASTERS that are already underdogs in pvp.
    Not sure why people like you speak on subjects that you have no clue about. It's a ret talent that allows them to bypass damage reduction when they use their wings

http://prntscr.com/fdw4bq

Perhaps you should learn about classes instead of assuming its a bug and go spread misinformation on forums and ingame

First 1234 Last