1. May 14, 2017  

Farming gold with high population

The way WOTLK is designed its quite easy to survive without having to actively farm gold too much, and there are more options for farming spots. But in TBC there are less viable farming spots and each player needs to farm more often.

How are the devs going to handle farm spots being oversaturated almost all the time? Considering the server population is going to be higher than a retail server's population back then.

2. May 14, 2017  
    The way WOTLK is designed its quite easy to survive without having to actively farm gold too much, and there are more options for farming spots. But in TBC there are less viable farming spots and each player needs to farm more often.

How are the devs going to handle farm spots being oversaturated almost all the time? Considering the server population is going to be higher than a retail server's population back then.
    If it appears to be a huge problem they can simply reduce the respawn rates of herbs, mining nodes etc.
    Considering the hype tbc is currently having they will probably consider releasing second server.

3. May 14, 2017  
    If it appears to be a huge problem they can simply reduce the respawn rates of herbs, mining nodes etc.
    Considering the hype tbc is currently having they will probably consider releasing second server.
    i wish if they plan to do that they give us some information how the second server will be. It would suck to invest in Outland just so one-two months later another server is announced that you would like better..

4. May 14, 2017  
    They clearly said that IF they will launch a second server, it will be 1x without coin shop

5. May 14, 2017  
    They clearly said that IF they will launch a second server, it will be 1x without coin shop
    Oh ok i must have missed that, thanks a lot

6. May 14, 2017  
    I usually stay away from TBC zones and just go into old zones/instances or get an alt druid with mining/herb.
    Edited: May 14, 2017

7. May 14, 2017  
    the server population is going to be higher than a retail server's population back then.
    Wheres this info coming from?

8. May 14, 2017  
    Wheres this info coming from?
    Staff posts such as my own.

If there is a high demand for it and TBC on Warmane in general, we are optimistic in considering such a realm; a realm similar to Lordaeron, but TBC expansion.

@Thread; We would honestly prefer materials to be plentiful rather than scarce. Ideally, a balance is what we aim for, but we don't want things to be too scarce. That would be pretty problematic, as I'm sure you can imagine. The key to that is to making farming locations more spread. For example, any WoW player who has played TBC to any real degree knows that the best place to farm elementals is on the plateau above the Throne of the Elements. But there are also other lesser known areas where those such materials can be farmed, like Netherstorm is pretty good for mana while Shadowmoon Valley is pretty good for fire.

We will do our best to keep the server and economy balanced. When the time comes and you can provide feedback, we will be listening and happy to take that into consideration when it comes to such proper balancing.

9. May 14, 2017  

10. May 14, 2017  
    Staff posts such as my own.
    Where are you puliing the numbers from then?

11. May 14, 2017  
    Retail vanilla realms had a cap of 2500 total players at once, It won't be much different for TBC. So this will be Probably x3-x4 the size of a retail tbc realm.

12. May 14, 2017  
    What makes you think that there will be an X amount of players in the first place though?

13. May 14, 2017  
    What makes you think that there will be an X amount of players in the first place though?
    How many players you think there will be potatoe?

14. May 14, 2017  
    My guess is that you're gonna have to be a donor to skip the queues or you will have to be very lucky to enter the realm at launch. It's going to be way above the cap.

15. May 14, 2017  
    How many players you think there will be potatoe?
    I got absolutely no idea and couldnt even guess, so im wondering how others come to the conclusions that they come to

12 Last