1. May 14, 2017  

Warrior, what race to pick up?

Yo, I'm Agarwen have been played TBC for few years mainly as warrior and I would like to share with you my opinion about warrior races.

So, what is the best race for a warrior in Burning Crusade? At once I can say we have few races which are quite balanced with racial and in my opinion there's no best race for a warrior to pick. Lets go through all the races.

Orc warrior:

#1 Axe specialization - expertize with Axes and Two-Handed Axes increased by 5 (1.25%) but it's very hard to test it because it's based mostly on RNG.

I've taken a rogue for my target to see bigger difference than target dummies or any dungeons. On the first picture i was hitting with sword after 100 hits shows 30% (dodge+parry the values which expertise decrease). On the second screen was axe and we have (34%) it's even worse with racial than without. But i mention before its based mainly on RNG so don't stick to these results.

#2 Bloodfury - increases attack power at level 70 by 282, but reduces healing effect's on you by 50% for 15 sec. That's one of the best warrior racials we can have. It's not everything what this racial can gave us.

If you're playing with shaman/druid it can be use to get rid of the wound poison so your heal can go straight to dispel crippling poison from you so you can kite the rogue and not be slowed and when bloodfury ends rogue will need to build up again wound poisons.

If you're playing with paladins it's so good too. When rogue,warrior or any class which can debuff you with - healing. Pop your bloodfury then all -healing debuffs will be overwrited by bloodfury debuff but paladin can BoP it and no - healing at all :)

#3 Hardiness - 15% chance to resist stun effects. That's great racial if you put 5/5 talents in arms for Iron Will. We will have 30% resist to stun effects. What i can say? You will have a lot of whispers from rogues about resisting their stuns on you :D

Tauren warrior:

#1 Nature's Resistance - nature's resistance increased by 10. Only worth in pve when fighting with Hydross the Unstable in Serpentshirne Cavern as tank with whole nature's resistance set.

#2 War Stomp - stuns up to 5 enemies with 8 yds for 2 sec. Very useful racial for example: Interrupting casts, disarming rogues while evasion and many more.

#3 Endurance - Increase health by 5%. Further gear, racial getting better because its base on % and every tier/arena gear we have more stamina. It's nice when dueling frost mages (our hp vs their mana).

#4 Hitbox -tauren have another 'hidden' racial which is hitbox. It's amazing for me. Let me explain you on pictures.

Red circle shows tauren and rest of the circles are all other races hitboxes. Spells measure distance between hitboxes if it says charge is 8 yards minimum, then it will take a from edge of hitboxes and measure 8 yards.

Tauren hits with bigger range but as well getting hitted same sometimes it can be annoying.

Undead warrior:

#1 Will of the Forsaken - Immunity to charm,fear and sleep. Another great racial which is quite overpower in pvp. We can escape from succubus charm, all kind of fears, wyvern sting, mind control.

#2 Cannibalize - regenerates 7% health every 2 sec for 10 sec. Sometimes it can prevent us from dying but have to be careful because any dmg can interrupt it.

#3 Shadow resistance - increase shadow resistance by 10. Useful only in Black Temple (Mother shahraz) or Doom Lord Kazzak with whole shadow resistance set.

Undead is so climatic because of the model movement and looks like. I just love to playing this race.

Troll warrior:

I think it's one of the worst races for a warrior in pvp but it't quite good in pve for fury warriors.

#1 Berserkering - increasing attack speed from 10% to 30% depends of our health. Very good for fury warrior but totally useless for arms pve warrior because it will break our rotation.

#2 Beast Slaying - increase damage dealt against beasts by 5% (don't use word 'beast' in your nick name xd). It's nice against hunter pets and very useful in pve.

Human warrior:

#1 Perception - dramatically increases stealth detection for 20 sec. I think I don't need say why it's good.

#2 Mace specialization - increases maces and two handed maces expertise by 5. It's based on rng same as orc axe racial.

#3 Sword specialization - increases swords and two handed swords expertise by 5. Great for arms pve warrior but again based on rng : (

#4 Diplomacy - great racial for people which like to grind reputations in pre TBC or whatever. We can make human for griding rep and after we done change race if it will be possible on warmane.

Dwarf warrior:

#1 Frost resistance - increases our frost resistance by 10. Can be used in t5 against Hydross the Unstable as tank with whole frost resistance gear.

#2 Stoneform - Immunity to bleed,poison and disease effects. GREAT racial we can counter all rogues team's and very good in duels vs classes with bleed's. Slowing opponent, using stoneform and then first aid. We will be immune to bleeds so first aid will be not canceled only if we get direct dmg.

Nightelf warrior:

#1 Shadowmeld - reduce chance to detect your presence. Quite useless racial for warrior.
    #2 Nature's Resistance - increase nature resistance by 10.Can be used in t5 against Hydross the Unstable as tank with whole nature resistance gear.
    #3 Quickness - increase dodge chance by 1%. Nice racial for tanks to boost their avoidance.

Gnome warrior:

#1Escape Artist - escapes immobilization or speed reduction effect. But this racial as well can resist.

Draenei warrior:

#1Gift of the Naaru - heals 1085 damage over 15 sec at level 70. Can be dispelled,interrupted or spell stealed.

#2 Heroic Presence - Increases chance of hit by 1% to all party members within 30 yards. Quite good for raid support but still worst choice for warrior.

So, which of these races are the best? Of course one of them will be better in pvp and other ones in pve.

PvP: Orc>Tauren>Dwarf>Undead>Gnome>Human

PvE:

Arms - Orc>Human>Tauren
    Fury - Troll>Orc>Human>Tauren
    Tank - Nightelf>Dwarf>Troll, why not Tuaren? Due to his bigger hitbox.

I hope helped anybody to choose correct race before server starts.

https://www.twitch.tv/agarweny - high rated warrior arenas

2. May 14, 2017  
    Taurens are insane in arena and i would consider them to be stronger than Orc, Tauren beating on a tauren you can swing and hamster through the pillars in Nagrand.
    But way easier to catch tauren druid than it is to catch nelf.

As to PVE benefits, melee lurker without getting whirlwinds. Or dps Lootreaver without getting pounding.

Gnomes with Noggerfogger, death to clickers!
    Edited: May 14, 2017

3. May 14, 2017  
    Nice work.

Gift of the Naaru suffers pushback in tbc too, right?
    Imo... you should count all alliance races as having the Heroic Presence from draenei for pve. All it takes is a hunter in group, which should be rather easy to get.

Should also mention that for pve the endgame BiS weapon will factor in with the weapon specialization racials.
    Given the expertise gear available you might be able to spec 1-2 points out of Weapon Mastery and into other talents.

p.s. Can you include a hit box picture for alliance races too? Or one with all of them!
    Edited: May 14, 2017

4. May 14, 2017  
    Nice work.

Gift of the Naaru suffers pushback in tbc too, right?
    Imo... you should count all alliance races as having the Heroic Presence from draenei for pve. All it takes is a hunter in group, which should be rather easy to get.

Should also mention that for pve the endgame BiS weapon will factor in with the weapon specialization racials.
    Given the expertise gear available you might be able to spec 1-2 points out of Weapon Mastery and into other talents.

p.s. Can you include a hit box picture for alliance races too? Or one with all of them!
    all weapon spec's gives maxium 1.25% so we can have only one talent point extra but it's really good to put in another talents.

All races have same hitbox except tauren.

5. May 14, 2017  

6. May 14, 2017  
    I think yes because gnome racial doesn't works 100% quite often resisting.

7. May 14, 2017  
    I think yes because gnome racial doesn't works 100% quite often resisting.
    hm never got an resist on my mage on *eenix.. but that doesn't proof much ^^

8. May 14, 2017  
    As of patch 3.0.2, this racial can no longer be resisted and fail. It will wipe all snares+roots 100% of the time guaranteed.

9. May 14, 2017  

10. May 14, 2017  
    As of patch 3.0.2, this racial can no longer be resisted and fail. It will wipe all snares+roots 100% of the time guaranteed.
    looks like its vulnerable to spells with dispelresistance

11. May 14, 2017  
    Warmane fix tauren hitbox, meaning you can attack/harmstring tauren druid (most of top rated druids) almost through entire nagrand pillar.
    Still thinks that orc is best race.
    Top kek.

12. May 14, 2017  
    Warmane fix tauren hitbox, meaning you can attack/harmstring tauren druid (most of top rated druids) almost through entire nagrand pillar.
    Top kek.
    What you mean by (most of top rated druids) it means like they are untouchable by hamstring?:D

13. May 14, 2017  
    I mean 90% of every top rated druids will roll tauren.

14. May 14, 2017  
    Top kek.
    Spells/abilities do not work through pillars, only auto-attack.

15. May 14, 2017  
    No ****, but did you tested it with player position update and constant running around the pillar?

12 Last