1. May 16, 2017  

Some questions concerning TBC

Hey guys, I have never played TBC before, so I don't really know how it works everything here.

1) First of all I would like to ask you if you think pvp will be active in this realm, because I am mostly interested in pvp rather than pve.

2) How does pvp work? Are there random bgs that give you extra rewards? is gear bought with honor points like in WOTLK? How many arenas do you have to play to get the points?

3) How does pve work? Are there emblems like in WOTLK for buying gear? how do we obtain these emblems without RDF?

4) I plan to play as a warr, as this is the character I play in WOTLK, just one question about it, do I need pve gear to perform well in pvp or is it enough with pvp gear?

So these are my doubts, if anyone can answer these questions, or at least some of them, I would appreciate it.

2. May 16, 2017  
    1. yes
    2.you que for a bg in major cites, no, yes honor points + tokens ie if u win av u get 3 av tokens a loss is 1 token the helm for example is 14k honor + 30 av tokens, 10
    3.like any other server, yes, make a party of 5 people and run ur *** to the dungeon
    4. you generally want a mix of both depending on your class

3. May 16, 2017  
    1. it will be active i think.x5 exp rate is pretty good even for PVP only players.

2.atleast 10 games per week for arena points.there is no random BG you pick the BG you wanna queue for.you buy your gear pretty much the same as in WOTLK ( just you use marks aswell aside from honor,i think there was marks for most of WOTLK exp aswell).you also need rating for best PVP gear just as in wrath.there is no t1 t2 weapons tho.

3.there is some gear with emblems but most stuff are coming from drop.PVE progression is pretty insane.first you farm reputation to get keys so you can enter hc dungeons with this keys.then you do the kara quest chain that will make you run so freaking many dungeons just to unlock kara.its really fun.i mean here this is how you progress in PVE http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100819022749 .also there is only 1 difficulty of raids in TBC that also makes the PVE feel way better.

4.i am pretty sure you can do very well as warrior with any gear.the class is pretty easy unless you super high rating.also its mostly about how good your healer is not that much how good you are.pretty much you will never carry the healer its only other way around.thats just how the class work.
    also forget about any x2 DPS comps as warrior.
    Edited: May 16, 2017

4. May 17, 2017  
    4.i am pretty sure you can do very well as warrior with any gear.the class is pretty easy unless you super high rating.also its mostly about how good your healer is not that much how good you are.pretty much you will never carry the healer its only other way around.thats just how the class work.
    also forget about any x2 DPS comps as warrior.
    So forget what was just said there, warriors are one of if not THE most gear dependent class in the game, it has been that way since vanilla; if you are expecting a healer to carry you to a win you are sadly mistaken in this aspect. Warriors are the bread and butter of pvp if you have your ducks in a row; as per rotations working out; stuns and interrupts going off when needed (also a bit of luck if you are mace spec). That being said you are going to need vast amount of crit, armor pen when the actual gear is available I believe that is T5/T6 farming and Zul'Aman when the majority of pve gear comes into it. Do not expect a healer to carry you as a warrior, that is all.

5. May 17, 2017  
    So forget what was just said there, warriors are one of if not THE most gear dependent class in the game, it has been that way since vanilla; if you are expecting a healer to carry you to a win you are sadly mistaken in this aspect. Warriors are the bread and butter of pvp if you have your ducks in a row; as per rotations working out; stuns and interrupts going off when needed (also a bit of luck if you are mace spec). That being said you are going to need vast amount of crit, armor pen when the actual gear is available I believe that is T5/T6 farming and Zul'Aman when the majority of pve gear comes into it. Do not expect a healer to carry you as a warrior, that is all.
    nah unless you are very high rating, warrior is completely faceroll.you hope for lucky stun prock and some crits and thats all you need to win.as for healer......mage/rogue/druid all 3 of them are most played classes in arena and all 3 of them will CC you so hard you wont ever touch them unless you have really good healer with you that know what to do.

as for the gear he ask does war do well in full PVP gear and yes it does.you dont necessary need PVE items for arena.
    Edited: May 17, 2017

6. May 17, 2017  
    nah unless you are very high rating, warrior is completely faceroll.you hope for lucky stun prock and some crits and thats all you need to win.as for healer......mage/rogue/druid all 3 of them are most played classes in arena and all 3 of them will CC you so hard you wont ever touch them unless you have really good healer with you that know what to do.

as for the gear he ask does war do well in full PVP gear and yes it does.you dont necessary need PVE items for arena.
    I do not agree with your first statement. The healer do not carry the warrior, they carry each other just as much. I'm playing healer at a high rating in TBC and playing with a handicapped warrior is auto-lose whereas if you're playing with a warrior that knows what's up you can beat most comps.

7. May 17, 2017  
    I do not agree with your first statement. The healer do not carry the warrior, they carry each other just as much. I'm playing healer at a high rating in TBC and playing with a handicapped warrior is auto-lose whereas if you're playing with a warrior that knows what's up you can beat most comps.
    yes i agree thats why my first words was "unless high rating". however most people dont aim for top teams.bad war with good healer can get 2k rating.bad healer + really good warrior however cant do it.dont you agree?
    Edited: May 17, 2017

8. May 17, 2017  
    Thanks for the replies! I have a much more clear idea of how everything works now. I let you continue with your discussion about warr, i don't think I'll get to 2k rating anyway.

9. May 17, 2017  
    yes i agree thats why my first words was "unless high rating". however most people dont aim for top teams.bad war with good healer can get 2k rating.bad healer + really good warrior however cant do it.dont you agree?
    Few years ago when I was playing on feenix tbc I was a rather poor druid and still managed to get 2k rating in 2s, solely because of my partner who was indeed a really good warrior. Most certainly I knew the basics, but comparing to how I play today I was trash back then. That said, the general competition wasn't that high on feenix, still though there were some good teams that we did beat.

So no, I'd say a good warrior can carry a poor druid just as a good druid can carry a poor warrior.