1. May 17, 2017  

Gold for grey quests?

Hello folks.

I hope you are coping well with waiting for the release!

With the 5x rates most people will ding 70 midway through nagrand while following standard quest paths. I really want to do every quest in outlands and stay longer in each quest area BUT i don't know if it is beneficial do it right away and in order (which i prefer -> immersion/lore) or just level to 70 and get back to starting areas to do questing and getting more gold instead of exp.

My question:

Do you get bonus gold for grey quests (those which grant no exp) or do you have to be level 70 for the bonus instead of the exp?

Thank you in advance.
    Edited: May 17, 2017

2. May 17, 2017  
    If I'm not mistaken you just get bonusgold for yellow quests... maybe for green? but definitly not for grey quests

3. May 17, 2017  
    The extra gold you get is based on the amount of experience you would have received from the quest, as far as I know.

4. May 17, 2017  
    Do you get bonus gold for grey quests (those which grant no exp) or do you have to be level 70 for the bonus instead of the exp?
    You only get gold bonus if you are level capped and this amount is determined by the experience the quest would grant. So, as this server will be x5, you will get x5 more gold than you would usually get in a x1.

5. May 17, 2017  
    dinging 70 in nagrand with x5? thats what happened to me on lordaeron and thats x1 lol

You only get gold bonus if you are level capped and this amount is determined by the experience the quest would grant. So, as this server will be x5, you will get x5 more gold than you would usually get in a x1.

oh so that means we are gonna keep doing all the outland quests for money?

6. May 18, 2017  
    This isn't how the system is scripted. That's Blizzard's logic for quests that would give XP instead give more gold for a level capped character. For a blizz-like experience, there is a set amount of gold granted by each quest (it does vary, but it is still a set number unique to each expansion). Which means the database tells us what the gold reward would be on a standard x1 EXP rate. Which is where we will be keeping it. Gold rates for quest rewards are remaining as x1.

TLDR; Gold rates are x1.