1. May 19, 2017  

Experience Lock on Outland

Greetings Warmane twinks,

As announced in one of our threads in the Latest News, we will be adding experience locking to our Burning Crusade Realm. This feature will be toggled via the website and it will be either free or cost some symbolic amount of gold. (19 gold/silver for level 19 twinking?)

As this hasn't been a thing we really discussed in any of our internal meetings, we were hoping for feedback and possible suggestions to make twinking a delightful experience on Outland.

A small reminder to twinks on Outland, we have invested a decent amount of effort into making old content perfect for consumption. Everything from the lowest level dungeons to raids such as Onyxia's Lair, Naxxrammas, Ahn'Qiraj work nearly flawlessly and any unported content that is not yet on our WoTLK and further realms is intended to be ported as soon as we have applicable time.

Regards
    Warmane

2. May 19, 2017  
    This brings up a question I have: Will Outland go through the War Effort as Blizzard realms prior to Wrath did, including title and mount, or will AQ be open immediately?

3. May 19, 2017  
    This brings up a question I have: Will Outland go through the War Effort as Blizzard realms prior to Wrath did, including title and mount, or will AQ be open immediately?
    The event itself won't be on launch for sure but might be implemented down the road.

4. May 19, 2017  
    Sounds great!

I think personally, it should be 10g similar how future expansions.

A little off-topic: Will there be items under 70 on the point store? (Ex. 60 Raid, Low Level Dungeon Gear)

5. May 19, 2017  
    Could you please make it free? 19g or even 10g is big amount for 19 lvl characters when they dont have main. And I dont see big reason to force gold grinding just to lock xp. Or make it trivial 1g.

6. May 20, 2017  
    I must say, Bravo! Thank you for listening to us, i was really iffy about joining as i didnt wanna waste time if i couldnt twink. And as for the old wow content, i thank you ever so much, keep it up.

7. May 20, 2017  
    A little off-topic: Will there be items under 70 on the point store? (Ex. 60 Raid, Low Level Dungeon Gear)
    There won't be a point store for TBC. The prospect of items that could be useful to twinks on the coin store is something we could consider. But, for the time being, you will likely need to earn your twink's gear in-game.
    Could you please make it free? 19g or even 10g is big amount for 19 lvl characters when they dont have main. And I dont see big reason to force gold grinding just to lock xp. Or make it trivial 1g.
    We know, which is why the 'silver' was part of the suggestion. We're looking to see what sort of price would be considered appropriate. Keep in mind that most of the time, locking XP will likely be a one-time-only thing per character, unless you decide to level it again. Feedback and opinions are appreciated while we look into deciding these specifics.

8. May 20, 2017  
    There won't be a point store for TBC. The prospect of items that could be useful to twinks on the coin store is something we could consider. But, for the time being, you will likely need to earn your twink's gear in-game.
    Just what I wanted to hear. :^^^)

9. May 20, 2017  
    Greetings Warmane twinks,

As announced in one of our threads in the Latest News, we will be adding experience locking to our Burning Crusade Realm. This feature will be toggled via the website and it will be either free or cost some symbolic amount of gold. (19 gold/silver for level 19 twinking?)

As this hasn't been a thing we really discussed in any of our internal meetings, we were hoping for feedback and possible suggestions to make twinking a delightful experience on Outland.

A small reminder to twinks on Outland, we have invested a decent amount of effort into making old content perfect for consumption. Everything from the lowest level dungeons to raids such as Onyxia's Lair, Naxxrammas, Ahn'Qiraj work nearly flawlessly and any unported content that is not yet on our WoTLK and further realms is intended to be ported as soon as we have applicable time.

Regards
    Warmane
    I just wanted to say even though i dont twink, nor am interested in twinking , im really really happy you guys answered to community request on this, i think thats amasing :)

10. May 20, 2017  
    Keep in mind that most of the time, locking XP will likely be a one-time-only thing per character, unless you decide to level it again
    You mean I can only lock exp per character once? Can I ask why?
    There are situations when someone plays a twink at 29, gets exalted with wsg/ab, then decides to move to 39 or other bracket. He'll need exp lock again to play there.

11. May 20, 2017  
    No, that's not what I mean. I'm saying it is likely only necessary to do it once per character. For example, if you're making a level 60 twink, you will lock the XP once that character reaches level 60 and leave it there. Yes, sometimes people wish to advance the level of their twink for whatever reason, but that's not too frequent.

12. May 20, 2017  
    No, that's not what I mean. I'm saying it is likely only necessary to do it once per character. For example, if you're making a level 60 twink, you will lock the XP once that character reaches level 60 and leave it there. Yes, sometimes people wish to advance the level of their twink for whatever reason, but that's not too frequent.
    I must agree with Mind81. Most twinks start out as 19s unless they are veterans are players who are aware what kind of twink they want, and then move on to lets say 29s. thats how i started back in the days, 19s to 60s to 70s to 85s. I can see where you are coming from thinking that not too many people would do it like this. But all in all, if it is not too much work, please let us Xp lock more than once on a singular char.

13. May 20, 2017  
    Maybe even then, you could make the first xp lock free, or cost that 19 silver per char, and then make Xp locks on a char thats done it once, cost 5 vote points, as we wont be able to use them anyhow else on the Tbc server. that would be about 7-10 days of voting for most people, and give an incentive to vote, in terms giving more publicity to the servers.

i guess what im asking is for a middle way.

Id be pleased if you would consider this.

14. May 20, 2017  
    I don't think they mean that they're putting a one-time limit on it, but rather saying that it's something that most people only do once per characters, and as such, feel that it's okay if the cost to lock that character is a little higher like 10 or 19 gold instead of free or a few silver.

15. May 20, 2017  
    To be honest, it should be setup similar as talent respecs work. The prices increases every time you lock XP, or instead of using gold another possible option is using the points we have stored.

123 Last