1. May 20, 2017  

PVP without raiding

Hello,

I want some tips please. What class and spec do well without raiding items in PVP?

2. May 20, 2017  
    Disc doesnt need pve gear to be good, beside maybe SSC trinket.

3. May 20, 2017  
    The only specs I have any experience with for PvP in TBC are Disc Priests and Ret Paladins. The above poster is pretty accurate with Disc. There's not really much in the way of necessary PvE items; some can be good, but not mandatory. As for Ret Paladins, you can use 100% PvP gear if you want. The only decent item changes that I can recall are weapons (Stunherald for example) and some trinkets. The rest is pure strength/crit/resilience stats. Ret won't perform acceptably until S3 though, so it shouldn't be much of a concern for now. The spec is way too reliant on gear to perform well.

4. May 20, 2017  
    Thank you for your opinions. I do not like to hear Ret is not good until S3 because i like videos what i watch with Ret :(. Also im open more people share their experiences to the topic to. :)

5. May 20, 2017  
    there are planty of class, spec whitch doesnt need pve like war, sham(enha, resto), sl/sl lock, ret pal, hunter, sh priest( or even disc, but i prefer few pve on him)

6. May 20, 2017  
    nothing personal but if you have to ask about this it doesn't matter what you choose

7. May 20, 2017  
    Generally speaking, you don't really need to wear PvE gear at all when PvP-ing.

So just roll whatever you fancy and have fun! :)

8. May 20, 2017  
    Honestly most classes do just fine in full pvp gear. The only classes that really need some pve gear are Rogue and Mage for haste gear.

9. May 20, 2017  

10. May 20, 2017  
    Here's a non exhaustive list of classes competitive with minimal pve gear (excluding trinkets):

Rsham
    Disc & Shadowpriest
    Hunters (draincomps)
    Warlocks all comps
    Rdruid

Unsure:
    Mages (comp dependant, skull = godmode)
    Paladins (no clue, pretty ****ty for 2s)

PvE gear benefits:
    Rogues (particularly 4pc t6/ 4pc s4 is filthy, glaives OloLloOolol) Or even SWP dagger muti, 4pc/4pc is filthyyy
    Warriors (mainly armor pen gear breaks it& weapons higher tiers from pve than pvp like say t5t6 weapons in the s2 patch like briefly was on retail)
    Mages (stomps everything if competent & some pve pieces and skull of guldan)

11. May 20, 2017  
    Priest:
    -dp: full pvp, ssc trinket, karabor during S3, Golden staff during S4
    -sp: full pvp, timbal

Warlock:
    -sl/sl: pvp all the way

Mage:
    -need a LOT of hast pve gear (like 10/17) if you play dp/frost (don't play this setup before S3)
    -if you play rm pve is a bit stronger but not mandatory (battlemaster's celerity is really strong, pretty equal to Gul'dan depending on your play style)

Shaman:
    -rsham: pvp gear is great, get crystal spire during S3 if you can
    -enhance: pvp gear, it's enough to kill

Hunter:
    -drain drain drain, with this play style you don't need pve gear (16k hp #pelisweg)

Druid:
    -resto/dreamstate: you can get spirit pve gear if you are confident but it's not mandatory
    -feral: get spirit staff at least, most of the time you'll play rogue/feral so full pvp is okay

Paladin:
    -hpal: 4p S4 + 4p T6 is stronger than full pvp
    -ret: play with pve warrior off-part, stunherald, a mate rsham and insightful earthstorm diamond

Warrior:
    -with rdruid: get pve off-part to kill things
    -with hpal: you are the kill target, full pvp is okay (get stunherald at least lel)
    -with rsham: pvp is okay but pvp set with pve off-part puts insane pressure

Rogue:
    -get glaives
    -get 6-7 pve items if you play with a healer, if you play with a dps go for 12-13/17 pvp
    -with full pvp you are still god-like anyway, this class is insane
    Edited: May 20, 2017

12. May 21, 2017  
    what haste..what glaives .. its ****in s1 yo .. OT: warlock or hunter would be your best option