1. May 20, 2017  

Disc Vs Holy

Hey!
    So is disc viable at TBC? i only started a priest on wotlk, so im wondering if disc in TBC is mainly for PvP and i should just go holy PvE ...

2. May 20, 2017  
    Discipline is a damage/heal hybrid spec in TBC, and thus, is only particularly viable for PvP. It could be OK for dungeons, if your group mates are fine with it. Holy has far superior healing output.

3. May 20, 2017  
    so raiding is holy. period. thank you, then i will level holy. dont want to end up at 70 without knowing the full mechanics, rather level sow, but with a big learning curve.
    also damage without atonement is a bit "useless" i guess. ( hum... thereĀ“s no dual spec in tbc, right ? )

4. May 20, 2017  
    You really, really shouldn't level Holy, unless you plan on running dungeons 24/7. It struggles to deal any kind of damage, as all healing specs do in TBC.

Disc can help you quest (deal actual damage) while still being able to heal dungeons,

But Shadow is the spec you should be using for levelling. You can even heal low-mid level dungeons with shadow spec if your gear is decent and your tank is too.
    Edited: May 20, 2017

5. May 20, 2017  
    The second character I ever leveled was a Holy Priest. Yes, I leveled as Holy. In TBC. Still, to this day, I am baffled at myself how I got through it. I would not recommend leveling as Holy in TBC to ANYONE. Not even the worst of criminals.

Anyway, there isn't normally dual spec in TBC. However, we have implemented dual spec on the website for the realm.

6. May 20, 2017  
    Dual spec is a godly addition to tbc, really. You guys rock.
    Will make ppl able to level in any spec they want as soon as they unlock it and will favor much more diversity & flexibility.

I'll still recommend Shadow for levelling ! And dual-speccing into holy once you get there.

7. May 21, 2017  
    I raided and PVPed in TBC as Priest. For pve, you were forced to play either spirit buff priest (one per raid) 23/38/0 or if you had a buffer, then 20/41/0 (not sure about exact distribution), pure disc was not viable for raids/pve. For pvp, I remember a disc was viable, but not sure about exact build.

8. May 21, 2017  
    You are correct, matjey. The two most prominent builds for Holy Priests were builds for Circle of Healing or for Improved Divine Spirit. Both being very powerful, but not enough talent points to be able to have both in the same spec. In larger raid groups, it was usually optimal to have one Priest of each of the two specs.

9. May 29, 2017  
    Lol i finished leveling my priest in holy yesterday, i must say it does feel like yoyve accomplished something but when i look back it wasnt really that bad, i outleveld some of my friends who played locks and druids

10. June 1, 2017  
    I level shadow and I'm debating if I want to raid or not. For my dual spec I will probably go Disc for pvp. I can't thank you guys at warmane for the dual spec feature.

11. June 2, 2017  
    on retail i did level as holy in TBC. Mostly like everyone was like "oh dude don't level as holy it suck go shadow or at least disc" so i decided i would go holy because everyone said i should not and well it was not the best leveling specc but i would say its not as bad as many make it out to be.
    is viable but just not the best choise

12. In my experience - Disc is for PVP and dungeons, Holy is for Raiding (And some harder dungeons, although you can use Holy in Dungeons, I just find Disc has more maneuverability). Although don't quote me on that, I very rarely healed as priest in TBC, i'm a spriest main :D

13. While a pure Holy priest is painful to level solo, I find the Smite priest deals enough damage and sustain for the solo life, while at the same time is better at healing in dungeons than a SP.