1. May 20, 2017  

Character trade suggestion

While in my opinion the character trading system is brilliant in the way it works, I wanted to make a suggestion. Right now we have only the option of selling characters in exchange for coins, where the price is based on the equipment of the character sold and a 15% tax is deducted from the amount received by the seller. What I want to suggest is an addition similar to this:
    - Players would be able to post their characters for exchange (trade one char for another instead of doing it for coins)
    - If a person is interested to trade they can send a trade suggestion to another player who posted their character there
    - If the second person agrees they can proceed and exchange characters while only paying the 15% tax
    As an example, character A would cost 300 coins on trade and character B would cost 200. Selling the characters would imply a 45 and respectively 30 coins fee that would be removed from the server economy. When characters A and B are exchanged the participants would have to pay 37-38 coins each.

This way the coin sink can be maintained and many more players would be able to perform trades. Also while donating 200+ coins at once may be out of budget for some people, 15% of that would often be much more affordable.

2. May 20, 2017  
    And where did the difference of 100 coins in cost between the two characters of your example go? That's effectively selling characters for less than the minimum price, which we don't allow for reasons stated many times already.

3. May 20, 2017  
    In my example what I wanted to show is that instead of selling 2 characters individually they could be exchanged, and the participants would have to pay the same fees as if they simply sold them. Perhaps a limitation could also be set in place so that the 2 prices must be within a certain margin of each other (or perhaps average ilvl otherwise you could never trade a sm paladin for a priest for example). It would in essence be a direct, legal and safe way of "I buy yours if you buy mine" kind of arrangement. The coin economy should not be hampered by this while at the same time making the system much more affordable and convenient for many as it would not require initially having hundreds of coins on both sides that would remain in the system afterwards anyways.

B sells to A for 200 and gets 170, then needs 130 more to buy from A (and also must wait 72h). A only gets 255 and in the end 75 coins are 'lost' overall. This would require trust, agreements outside of Warmane, A must have 200 coins already and B must have 130.

4. May 20, 2017  
    And 170 (200+300-200-130) coins aren't negotiated or generated, be it by trading hands or by donations. I don't see that happening at all.

5. May 20, 2017  
    I suppose it comes down to a question of potential donations lost vs potential donations gained (cheaper service might attract more people that otherwise wouldn't use it). I'm certainly no marketing expert, just contributing ideas in case they might end up useful :D

6. May 20, 2017  
    Well, it comes down to your suggestion, like I said the first time, effectively meaning character trading getting cheaper, when minimum prices exist for well-founded and previously explained reasons. If your suggestion accounted for the full cost that would be involved to both parties it would be a different case, but in your very example the whole deal is being made almost 30% cheaper overall.

7. May 21, 2017  
    how to give character for free, when we can not sell at their own price, is there a possibility for that in general way or not aviable?

8. May 21, 2017  
    how to give character for free, when we can not sell at their own price, is there a possibility for that in general way or not aviable?
    That's not possible. If it was possible, people would abuse it to sell characters outside character trading system. And giving away whole account is also against rules.

9. I think that OP's idea is quite reasonable