1. May 20, 2017  

LoS on trees and the like

Pretty simple suggestion:

Bring back the LoS on objects (trees etc) that was recently removed on Icecrown. Regardless of whether this is blizzlike or not, the removal of LoS from these objects has been a huge downgrade to the quality of the server; not only does it feel much less immersive (it feels broken and cheap quite frankly) but it has also completely unbalanced PVP outside of arenas.

I realise the server is intended to be blizzlike, but transmog in WOTLK certainly isn't and neither are the pvp honor kill titles. Strive to be better, not the same.

2. May 20, 2017  
    since i do not consider the LOS change to be a good change for the server i agree with yeosol on this one.
    would like the staff to consider putting LOS back.
    Edited: May 20, 2017

3. May 20, 2017  
    Couldn't have said it better. I implore you to see the reason behind this as it is definately destroying pvp for melee dps and healers for sure.

4. May 20, 2017  
    You have been fixing PvE issues after PvE issues, its about time that you start focusing the PvP on this server. No, I am not talking about arenas. I am talking about world pvp + BGs. You can hit through every ****ing mountain on this game, you can even hit through the big rock at EOTS starting graveyard.

Start fixing the main problems on 1 server before you start adding even more expansions. Make one server perfect, then start on a new project.

Your devlogs and fixes is 100% PvE or ******ed quests chains around the world map. No doubt the PvP on this server is slowly dying when you aint doing a **** to try fix it ether.

Sup with IoC, where its all about bombs because they got no CD and you can keep grabbing them to destroy enemy gates.

Sup with Sota, where ability 2 (Ram) doesnt work on walls?

Sup with the ''To the Looter Go the Spoils'' achievement? Been BUGGED for 1.5 year on your bugtracker, still not fixed.

Sup with the GY's being bugged, so when enemies capping the objectives, you dont get teleported to another GY. So you have to walk in ghost to whatever closest GY or wait 2 minutes at your corpse?

Sup with the Demo passanger damage in Sota, that can outdps anything and which also is not effected by Resilience?

Sup with that we sometimes have to take down two gates at the enemy keep in IoC, to manage to open the boss gate?

Sup with the broken mechanism for vehicles in IoC? Gotta press **** a billion times before something happens?

Sup with the ninja capping in AV, where the horde can cap flags standing even behind the tower?

>> START FOCUSING PVP <<

So my recommendations to you is that all of you developers put together a 5 man premade, and start testing the lack of LoS around in BGs, and the bugs in BG mechanism. Its a nightmare, everything is based on open areas cus it doesnt matter to hide behind a mountain nor behind a rock.

Im out, peace.

LP
    Edited: May 30, 2017

5. May 26, 2017  
    +1 You have my vote for this about LoS

6. May 27, 2017  

7. May 27, 2017  
    +1 Great post guys.

The LoS on this server has been the same since December 2009, when molten first started up, and suddenly after 7-8 years- you add.. what they call it, the retail LoS...

In BGs, you have to adjust all your gameplay because every tree, rock, moutain and pillars has just become decorations. Which you can dps, heal, deathgrip & charge through.
    Edited: May 27, 2017

8. May 27, 2017  
    +1 I NEED LoS SO I CAN WIN VS CASTERS !!! I already suck ....

9. May 28, 2017  
    This only started to happen less then a month ago , not sure what you are talking about

10. May 28, 2017  
    +1
    Even if it's blizzlike it doesn't make much sense, it makes the game easier especially for rdps players and it kills the fun of pvp.

P.S. It's really time that Warmane devs should focus on PvP changes in wotlk, we've waited enough!

11. May 28, 2017  
    I'll have to agree with all of the posts above, especially those of ayeee and Luckypunzker

12. May 28, 2017  
    Blizzlike or not, private servers don't have to be a 100% copy from retail, I'm positively sure people are aware of it.
    Common sense and PvP quality is certainly more than welcome, but in the top of that, since most of us play here for too long, we're already too used to what we had. A sudden change not only will be a mess but also is kind of discouraging some people to do PvP. Healers for example won't make any use of any cover and I've heard some warriors talking about charging through the ground again.
    I haven't read anything about this in the changelog, so I guess this change wasn't intentional...
    Hope we'll be able to PvP like before ;)

13. May 30, 2017  
    +1 from me
    Having no LoS makes wPvP and BGs really painful

14. May 30, 2017  
    @ayeeee, that's the reason I stopped PvPing on Warmane.

15. May 30, 2017  
    I didn't know the LOS was a feature devs could flick on or off. The PvP on this server is absolutely, unequivocally worse on this server without the quality LOS we had before.

Zero reason to have removed something that was so well done.

123 Last