1. May 21, 2017  

Not sure how to get gear as a lvl 80. Looking for suggestions.

Hello, I'm a relatively new lvl 80 human rogue having a hard time getting gear. I am mainly into pvp and have gotten 2 furious pieces through battlegrounds so far but I feel like it will take months before I finish a furious set. I have been doing WG but it seems like alliance always loses so I can never turn in my stonekeepers shards for gear. I keep hearing about POS/FOS but I can't queue for those since my gear isn't good enough. I have about 2.97k gearscore according to the addon. I feel like my damage is too low for pvp as well and I think I need some good weapons since I am still using lvl 70-80 weapons. How should I be getting gear when I feel like I can only do battlegrounds and 77-80 dungeons that don't drop the gear I need. Thanks.

2. May 21, 2017  
    Hello,

I'd suggest you to start with farming some gold (a strong economy is always a very solid foundation for basically anything), try gathering professions in low-medium level zones, and/or try disenchanting greens (buy them from the AH).
    Then I'd suggest you to buy some boes (if you wish to focus on pvp, purchase the 187 blue set, Eviscerators and the 200 neck/cloak ring, and the good and cheap 264s, mainly Wodins)
    If you do it correctly the boes will generally make you at least useful enough and eligible to que up for anything relevant

3. May 21, 2017  
    You should be able to get into Forge of Souls/Pit of Saron/Trial of the Champion normal with just 200 blues from the other normal dungeons, rep epics, and the ICC ring which you get from rep farming. You can also buy the Dalaran ring which is 10k fully upgraded and is a great entry-level 251 ring.

4. May 21, 2017  
    As others have said start with gathering professions, eternal fire farming, or questing for gold. Try to get wodins necklace, also there are cheap epic 1 handed swords and an epic haste ring that typically sell for 100g or less. Once you get 3-3.5k GS or so try going directly to ice crown citadel and try joining or forming a normal FoS/PoS group, you need to complete the in dungeon quest for FoS before you can get into PoS. Both of these dungeons have 296 GS items including a rogue itemized dagger and fist weapon. Once you have farmed FoS/PoS normal for some of your gear start including the hardcore versions of the dungeons and trial of champions using the random dungeon finder queue.

Spend your emblems of triumph on furious pvp main set pieces, and your emblems of frost on pve offset. This is usually how I gear up fresh characters for pvp without too much effort/monetary investment. FoS/PoS is the key, you will gear up 10x as fast simply by running these dungeons as often as possible, the other HC dungeons are usually a waste of time other then the daily emblems of frost from RDF, this is due to a lack of gear dropping from anything other then the final bosses. In FoS/PoS good gear drops frequently off trash.

5. May 21, 2017  
    ICC rep farm (for the bis ring) -> Gain reps on some factions for the rewards and enchants like SoH/KotEB/WA/KT/AC -> when u reach atleast 3-3.5K Gearscore go FoS/PoS + RDF normal-> when u reach atleast 4-4.5K Gearscore go FoS/PoS HC +RHC + VoA + ToC 10n -> when u reach 5.4 K people on global would start letting you in ICC 10/25 or Toc 25 or RS 10/25 (better to download Underachiever to fake achieves and get in raids easy just be sure to learn all the tactics to avoid getting kicked out and ignored) -> when u reach 5.8K gs u can now start joining ICC 10 HCs/RS 10HC (this is a req not just because of the people wanting geared people for heroics but any lower than this would make ur hp burn very fast even on a slight flame from marrow or any other damage giving abilities on heroics) -> when u reach 6k u can now join ICC 25 HCs

Tips to make gearing easier :
    Join Guilds especially those who do the raids/ dungeons appropriate for your gear
    Learn professions since these can help you earn more gold and buy better gear faster than begging on Stormwind/Ogrimmar for gold
    Doing reps for factions early on gives not only rewards at the end but alot of gold on the duration of the chain quests
    NEVER JOIN BATTLEGROUNDS TO GEAR UP except if you reach the 5k barrier since not only does this process take very slow in gearing it also makes earning honor for everyone slower with your faction losing alot and you not giving good contribution when you are getting one shotted by higher geared opponents.
    Edited: May 21, 2017