1. May 21, 2017  

Can't see numerical health on target frame

I'm using the default blizzard UI. I have it set to display numbers for health/mana in the settings. However when I select a target, I can only see the target health as a percent instead of numericals. The mana works fine.

2. May 21, 2017  
    Thats because in TBC you can't see the mobs/enemies or non party members health in numericals. There are addons that calculate a rough number when you do damage to them but thats it.

3. May 21, 2017  

4. May 21, 2017  
    Not sure this is the case, i use the same interface as on other servers and i cant get numericals either .O

5. May 21, 2017  
    indeed. welcome to TBC!
    well that explains it. i played on another 2.4.3 server and it showed targets health so was wondering why it doesnt show up on warmane

6. May 21, 2017  
    You gotta install addon e.g MobInfo in order to see hp/mp as numbers. I belive there is also an option that devs can configure the client and allow people to see numbers rather than %. I've seen it on few tbc servers.

7. May 21, 2017  
    I've been playing TBC servers for years and this is the first time I can't see target's numerical values.
    Couldn't it be changed so we see it ?

8. May 21, 2017  
    You gotta install addon e.g MobInfo in order to see hp/mp as numbers. I belive there is also an option that devs can configure the client and allow people to see numbers rather than %. I've seen it on few tbc servers.
    I've played two other 2.4.3 servers and neither of them required any addon for displaying target health in numerical values.

9. May 21, 2017  
    Other servers have that enabled from using Wrath of the Lich King code and keeping it like that. It's disabled purposefully here since the expansion didn't have that on retail Burning Crusade.

10. May 21, 2017  
    Other servers have that enabled from using Wrath of the Lich King code and keeping it like that. It's disabled purposefully here since the expansion didn't have that on retail Burning Crusade.
    Wouldn't numerical values be just a quality of life improvement?

11. May 21, 2017  
    It most definitely would be an improvement, please consider doing so !
    There are so many ppl asking about this on public channels atm.

12. May 22, 2017  
    Apologies for double posting but i wanted to bump the topic as well as feed the conversation.

About TBC not allowing target numerical values.

I had never heard about this in 9 years playing burning crusade but I've only ever played private servers, so i figure you guys aren't saying this out of nowhere. Especially the staff members who must have put some kind of effort into researching this.

However.
    1) I believe basic interface options let you choose % vs numerical display
    2) TBC-era addons like Xperl have the option for % vs numerical display
    3) Health is in % but mana is numerical, that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me ?

4) A quick search through videos of retail Burning Crusade brought a couple of examples where health is shown as numerical values.
    Here are two :
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=95023
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wJo2rS3_Icg

Now most importantly and without taking into account wether (enemy) target numerical display was available or not on retail TBC, why not make it available here ? It a lot more comfortable and helpful than percentage, and doesn't seem too fancy of an addition if it was indeed not available on retail.

My2cents... :)

13. May 22, 2017  
    1. Correct, but it applies to self and party/raid members only.
    2. Ditto.
    3. Indeed.
    4. There were and are addons that change this.
    5. I don't know. I would've preferred flat numbers being available too, but that's up to the dev team.

14. May 22, 2017  
    Well thanks for the reply,

I am using Xperl atm and can't tune it to show numbers. Do you know any addon that would do that on Warmane's Outland ?
    And if addons can't fix this on Warmane, how could they back on retail ?

To the dev team, please reconsider this. The matter is brought up all the time on public chats and it doesnt feel right as is... the only reason i can see for keeping it like this would be the "authentic" feel, which i understand and actually share myself. But not for minor things like health values !

15. May 22, 2017  
    I agree. Numerical health values would be a good quality of life improvement. I think it is best if the player can decide if one wants numerical values or %.

12 Last