1. Yea so after personal testing, Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon is insanely good and my napkin math doesn't even come close to doing it justice. The proc rate is really high. Pairing with Earring of Soulful Meditation is money. I'm trying it out and comparing it to fights where there is a lot of downtime. Leotheras is one fight with tons of downtime and probably the only one I wouldn't use the DMC on. Currently clearing all released raids as COH spec.

2. Personally I don't see Shroud of Redeemed Souls outperforming Sunshower Light Cloak.

Freshkimo
    Edited: November 10, 2017

3. Personally I don't see Shroud of Redeemed Souls outperforming Sunshower Light Cloak.

Freshkimo
    Before buffs (does include talents);

http://tbc.cavernoftime.com/item=29989
    Sunshower Light Cloak
    +180 health
    +360 max mana
    +10.6 mp5
    +31 spell damage
    +82 healing
    +0.3% spell crit

http://tbc.cavernoftime.com/item=34205
    Shroud of Redeemed Souls
    +270 health
    +360 max mana
    +17.5 mp5
    +25 spell damage
    +73 healing
    +0.3% spell crit

Using Shroud of Redeemed Souls over Sunshower Light Cloak will net you a difference of +90 health, +6.9 mp5, -6 spell damage, -9 bonus healing. If you would rather have 9 bonus healing instead of 90 health and 6.9 mp5, then by all means, go for it. BoKings and IDS may make the difference in mana and bonus healing smaller, but the change is not too large. The increase in health itself can warrant using Shroud in some cases.

4. Thank you! This was a real mind opening guide for a newbie like me

5. While I recognize that there is a minor argument to make for having one priest go IDS in case you are raiding with two priests, I always disagreed. You are severely gimping one of the priests by having him or her drop Circle of Healing over a buff that will not make or break a raid in practically any circumstance. Circle of Healing is such a strong healing spell for a multitude of reasons that I do not think I need to explain.

This is the first time, as far as I can remember, I have seen anyone call those choices of talents the "standard Circle of Healing build." You have dropped Healing Focus (first row in holy specialization), which I do not think is a good idea considering how terrible push-back in TBC is. You might not find yourself needing it all the time, but it is one of those talents that can help save yourself (single trash mob attacking you) or someone else, especially tanks in situations where healing is already tight or much needed (think Hyjal).

Two points into Healing Prayers (row five, holy specialization) makes little to no sense. Prayer of Healing is obviously a very strong spell when used in the right situation, but it is very mana intensive and you probably do not want to save your Inner Focus for that spell (especially considering the three minute cooldown on Inner Focus). The mana saved on Prayer of Mending, like 60 mana per cast, is miniscule and not worthy of the two points spent into that talent.

Your one point in Martyrdom (row two, discipline specialization) would be better off in Silent Resolve as Circle of Healing priests cause a lot of threat. Moreover, you have already opted against spending two points in Healing Focus, so the 10% increase in resistance to interrupt effects is just a waste.

I would recommend this set of talents to players who have played the game for a while and know the encounters well enough to not pull any threat and cause their untimely deaths.

Also, haste basically becomes your best stat as you start getting some real gear (think Black Temple trash rings, cloak from Illidan, belt from Kaz'rogal etc). Speaking of rings, you would not want to drop enchanting over tailoring until you would be able to enchant your BiS rings (imo the Black Temple trash rings. 30 spell haste per ring is insane). At the point that you are raiding Black Temple, you should have no need for tailoring any more, so you would be dropping that for leatherworking, followed by dropping enchanting for alchemy as you get those rings enchanted.

6. While I recognize that there is a minor argument to make for having one priest go IDS in case you are raiding with two priests, I always disagreed. You are severely gimping one of the priests by having him or her drop Circle of Healing over a buff that will not make or break a raid in practically any circumstance. Circle of Healing is such a strong healing spell for a multitude of reasons that I do not think I need to explain.
    At low gear, IDS is the go-to spec for two reasons. First, not being geared enough to support regular usage of the spell (it is VERY costly) means the raid should be instead bringing a class that can fill the role similar but not at such a great cost. Restoration Shamans for example with Chain Heal. Later on, IDS remains important because it is a raid-wide buff of bonus healing *and* spell damage. A raid-wide buff to bonus healing and spell damage is not something that should be so easily overlooked. If you don't have any (or very few) casters that have spirit on their gear, then by all means, go for Circle of Healing once you have the gear to support the talent.

This is the first time, as far as I can remember, I have seen anyone call those choices of talents the "standard Circle of Healing build." You have dropped Healing Focus (first row in holy specialization), which I do not think is a good idea considering how terrible push-back in TBC is. You might not find yourself needing it all the time, but it is one of those talents that can help save yourself (single trash mob attacking you) or someone else, especially tanks in situations where healing is already tight or much needed (think Hyjal).
    If you're regularly using Circle of Healing, you have significantly less need for pushback reduction (Circle of Healing is instant cast). When specced for it, the spell and other instants should be the vast majority of your casts. Any other casts that might get pushed back, that's what Power Word: Shield is for (prevents pushback entirely). It is especially important to note that this talent only gives you a CHANCE to avoid pushback, rather than reduction of the amount of pushback on each cast that is pushed back.

Two points into Healing Prayers (row five, holy specialization) makes little to no sense. Prayer of Healing is obviously a very strong spell when used in the right situation, but it is very mana intensive and you probably do not want to save your Inner Focus for that spell (especially considering the three minute cooldown on Inner Focus). The mana saved on Prayer of Mending, like 60 mana per cast, is miniscule and not worthy of the two points spent into that talent.

Your one point in Martyrdom (row two, discipline specialization) would be better off in Silent Resolve as Circle of Healing priests cause a lot of threat. Moreover, you have already opted against spending two points in Healing Focus, so the 10% increase in resistance to interrupt effects is just a waste.
    If you read the guide, you'll note that optional talents like many of you've mentioned here are addressed. Going for these various talents are fine. The talent tree is versatile and there isn't any end-all, be-all perfect and exact talent build to go for. It's important to consider these discussions of those talents in the guide, because it is meant to indicate that the linked talent builds are not perfect for everyone. You are meant to improvise and exchange talents depending on what you consider better, or what better suits your playstyle.
    This is a *guide*. It is meant to be "helpful", not *you must play exactly like this!!!one!eleven!"

That said, Prayer of Mending should often be used on CD. That "60 mana per cast" adds up, quickly. In addition to the fact of how useful Prayer of Healing is. When using the Circle of Healing build, one needs to commit to the role of group healing, not triage healing like IDS would. If you would, for example, rather take points out of that talent and put them into Holy Reach, that's perfectly fine and a very good choice.

As for speccing into Silent Resolve, if you think that's necessary in a raid, then by all means. Though, it really shouldn't be, especially if you have tanks and Hunters that know what they're doing. Ultimately though, this talent point means very little, and as I've explained above, the talents are versatile. The guide is intended to provide a baseline and then help them make their own choices from there.

I would recommend this set of talents to players who have played the game for a while and know the encounters well enough to not pull any threat and cause their untimely deaths.
    But do you think that players know the encounters well and have played the game for a while will be coming here to look for a specific 'cookie cutter' talent link?

Also, haste basically becomes your best stat as you start getting some real gear (think Black Temple trash rings, cloak from Illidan, belt from Kaz'rogal etc). Speaking of rings, you would not want to drop enchanting over tailoring until you would be able to enchant your BiS rings (imo the Black Temple trash rings. 30 spell haste per ring is insane). At the point that you are raiding Black Temple, you should have no need for tailoring any more, so you would be dropping that for leatherworking, followed by dropping enchanting for alchemy as you get those rings enchanted.
    Right about haste, once you gain access to the stat. It's not very common on lower item level healer items. Correct about professions as well, but dropping Enchanting for Alchemy once rings are enchanted does not allow you to keep those enchants - and if they do, then that's an exploit and can get you banned.

7. At low gear, IDS is the go-to spec for two reasons. First, not being geared enough to support regular usage of the spell (it is VERY costly) means the raid should be instead bringing a class that can fill the role similar but not at such a great cost. Restoration Shamans for example with Chain Heal.
    Just because you choose Circle of Healing does not mean you have to or are supposed to spam it mindlessly. As for pure mana cost, max rank Chain Heal is something like 513 mana with the Tidal Focus talented; 386 mana at rank three. Circle of Healing's max rank is 405 mana.

Later on, IDS remains important because it is a raid-wide buff of bonus healing *and* spell damage. A raid-wide buff to bonus healing and spell damage is not something that should be so easily overlooked. If you don't have any (or very few) casters that have spirit on their gear, then by all means, go for Circle of Healing once you have the gear to support the talent.
    You have to consider, realistically, who benefits from someone's IDS talent. Mages (of which a typical raid setup will include 2); shadow priests (of which a typical raid setup will include 1); balance druids (of which a typical raid setup will include 1); holy priests (of which a typical raid setup will include 1, maybe 2); restoration druids (of which a typical raid setup will include 1).

A well-geared mage, in T5 or T6 level of gear, will probably have something like 320 spirit. 5 percent of that is only 16. Warlocks will have even less than half of that. Moreover, while you should be nice to your boomkins and shadow priests, you are not there to buff them. Holy priests and restoration druids would gain something like 25-30 bonus healing. You romanticize IDS if you think that is an important buff "later on."

If you're regularly using Circle of Healing, you have significantly less need for pushback reduction (Circle of Healing is instant cast). When specced for it, the spell and other instants should be the vast majority of your casts.
    Which is why you would want to go 5/5 Mental Agility, not 4/5 like you proposed.

Any other casts that might get pushed back, that's what Power Word: Shield is for (prevents pushback entirely). It is especially important to note that this talent only gives you a CHANCE to avoid pushback, rather than reduction of the amount of pushback on each cast that is pushed back.
    For sure. Weakened Soul, the debuff you get after shielding yourself or someone gets after being shielded, still lasts for 15 seconds, though, and the amount it absorbs is not anything to write home about. You might as well be dead on the second swing from a mob. Personally, I would rather take the 70% and perhaps save some GCDs on shielding myself more than necessary. It comes in handy in getting big heals off on people.

If you read the guide, you'll note that optional talents like many of you've mentioned here are addressed. Going for these various talents are fine. The talent tree is versatile and there isn't any end-all, be-all perfect and exact talent build to go for. It's important to consider these discussions of those talents in the guide, because it is meant to indicate that the linked talent builds are not perfect for everyone. You are meant to improvise and exchange talents depending on what you consider better, or what better suits your playstyle. This is a *guide*. It is meant to be "helpful", not *you must play exactly like this!!!one!eleven!"
    If you are going to write a guide on any particular class, you should at least give recommendations on how to play the class optimally. Sure, there are different encounters, situations and setups. But leaving out obvious talent choices in something you call a "standard build" is not being as helpful as you possibly could be. It is an old game and most things have been theorycrafted to death; you cannot always jot things down to "playstyle" unless you ignore the playing optimally bit. See below.

That said, Prayer of Mending should often be used on CD. That "60 mana per cast" adds up, quickly. In addition to the fact of how useful Prayer of Healing is. When using the Circle of Healing build, one needs to commit to the role of group healing, not triage healing like IDS would. If you would, for example, rather take points out of that talent and put them into Holy Reach, that's perfectly fine and a very good choice.
    As great as Prayer of Mending is, it is not going ot be your most used spell ever. I think it is more fair to assume anywhere between 20 and 40 casts per fight, depending on the length of the encounter. Now consider the 60 or so mana saved on, let us say 30 casts, of Prayer of Mending compared to the 2% you opted against by going 4/5 Mental Agility in your "standard build" for Circle of Healing in a fight that requires a lot of AoE healing. On Lady Vashj in SSC, I will generally do over 400 casts of Circle of Healing -- the spell which still costs 405 mana.

As for speccing into Silent Resolve, if you think that's necessary in a raid, then by all means. Though, it really shouldn't be, especially if you have tanks and Hunters that know what they're doing. Ultimately though, this talent point means very little, and as I've explained above, the talents are versatile. The guide is intended to provide a baseline and then help them make their own choices from there.
    Tanks and hunters are not always perfect; neither are priests. Yes, the 4% means very little, but it sure as hell means more than what you get from your one point in Martyrdom considering the threat we generate through Circle of Healing and in general.

But do you think that players know the encounters well and have played the game for a while will be coming here to look for a specific 'cookie cutter' talent link?
    Anyone interested in their classes or other classes will probably read a multitude of guides. It could be other healing classes interested in picking up priests etc.

Right about haste, once you gain access to the stat. It's not very common on lower item level healer items. Correct about professions as well, but dropping Enchanting for Alchemy once rings are enchanted does not allow you to keep those enchants - and if they do, then that's an exploit and can get you banned.
    As far as I know it was like this on retail (perhaps patched at a later stage?). Either way, at least we agree that leatherworking and alchemy will be your best professions in the end. :)

EDIT: It's pretty sad to see you delete any further replies. Goes to show you cannot deal with criticism or disagreeing with someone. Perhaps it's all that forum power gone to your head.
    Edited: January 10, 2018 Reason: Deleting replies

8. Just because you choose Circle of Healing does not mean you have to or are supposed to spam it mindlessly. As for pure mana cost, max rank Chain Heal is something like 513 mana with the Tidal Focus talented; 386 mana at rank three. Circle of Healing's max rank is 405 mana.
    Right, but that does not change that the spell is the crux of the talent build.
    Also, comparing mana cost of spells between two classes isn't an accurate nor fair comparison. The two classes have very different tools.

You have to consider, realistically, who benefits from someone's IDS talent. Mages (of which a typical raid setup will include 2); shadow priests (of which a typical raid setup will include 1); balance druids (of which a typical raid setup will include 1); holy priests (of which a typical raid setup will include 1, maybe 2); restoration druids (of which a typical raid setup will include 1).

A well-geared mage, in T5 or T6 level of gear, will probably have something like 320 spirit. 5 percent of that is only 16. Warlocks will have even less than half of that. Moreover, while you should be nice to your boomkins and shadow priests, you are not there to buff them. Holy priests and restoration druids would gain something like 25-30 bonus healing. You romanticize IDS if you think that is an important buff "later on."
    "A well-geared mage, in T5 or T6 level of gear, will probably have something like 320 spirit. 5 percent of that is only 16."
    1. You need to account for the spirit that you're giving them with the buff as well.
    2. 5 percent? You do realize the 2nd rank of the talent is a 10% multiplier, yes?

"Holy priests [...] would gain something like 25-30 bonus healing. You romanticize IDS if you think that it is an important buff "later on.""
    While NAKED, I get 34 bonus healing.
    In my T4 gear, I get 77 bonus healing. So I think you should run your numbers again. If it helps, I think you should remember to factor in talents like Spiritual Guidance and racials like The Human Spirit.

"Moreover, while you should be nice to your boomkins and shadow priests, you are not there to buff them."
    Um? This perspective is exactly why people don't weave their talents with their counterparts in raids, which results in talent inefficiencies, and thus output inefficiencies in raids. In addition, a Shadow Priest is your mana battery. How much mana they give you is based on their spell damage and how long they can keep the DPS up. Buffing them is buffing yourself indirectly. Why would you NOT want that?

Which is why you would want to go 5/5 Mental Agility, not 4/5 like you proposed.
    Sure. If you want to ignore the majority of my previous post, or the entire concept behind a "guide".

For sure. Weakened Soul, the debuff you get after shielding yourself or someone gets after being shielded, still lasts for 15 seconds, though, and the amount it absorbs is not anything to write home about. You might as well be dead on the second swing from a mob. Personally, I would rather take the 70% and perhaps save some GCDs on shielding myself more than necessary. It comes in handy in getting big heals off on people.
    You are aware that the shield lasts for 30 seconds, right? And if you're taking a second swing from a mob, you should probably reconsider who is tanking for you. That said, the talent is still RNG. It is not very useful against *damage doing pushback once in a long while* when you can simply shield yourself and guarantee that there won't be any pushback.

If you are going to write a guide on any particular class, you should at least give recommendations on how to play the class optimally. Sure, there are different encounters, situations and setups. But leaving out obvious talent choices in something you call a "standard build" is not being as helpful as you possibly could be. It is an old game and most things have been theorycrafted to death; you cannot always jot things down to "playstyle" unless you ignore the playing optimally bit. See below.
    I have done exactly that. Your advice, on the other hand, is full of holes.

As great as Prayer of Mending is, it is not going ot be your most used spell ever. I think it is more fair to assume anywhere between 20 and 40 casts per fight, depending on the length of the encounter. Now consider the 60 or so mana saved on, let us say 30 casts, of Prayer of Mending compared to the 2% you opted against by going 4/5 Mental Agility in your "standard build" for Circle of Healing in a fight that requires a lot of AoE healing. On Lady Vashj in SSC, I will generally do over 400 casts of Circle of Healing -- the spell which still costs 405 mana.
    "As great as Prayer of Mending is, it is not going to be your most used spell ever."
    If there is any sort of persistent raid damage, it WILL be your #1 if you use it properly. There is absolutely zero reason not to prioritize it when it will heal 2, because as soon as it heals a second time, it is already putting out more healing than a Rank 1 Greater Heal for less mana, and it's already competitive with the healing output of Rank 2 Greater Heal with a significantly lesser mana cost. If it heals a 3rd time, then it is the most efficient healing spell in the entire priest's kit. That's not to say that when there is consistent damage going out on the raid, it's going to heal 6 times.

That said, why are you arguing as though Mental Agility and Healing Prayers are mutually exclusive talents? Because they aren't.

Tanks and hunters are not always perfect; neither are priests. Yes, the 4% means very little, but it sure as hell means more than what you get from your one point in Martyrdom considering the threat we generate through Circle of Healing and in general.
    Yes, they aren't perfect. But if you're holding a mob long enough to take two melee swings from it (which means you've had aggro for at least a full 5 seconds, nevermind the fact that you're likely dead if something is on you for that long), then it's not an issue of imperfection. It's an issue of limited attention span and lack of knowledge of how to play their class.

Anyone interested in their classes or other classes will probably read a multitude of guides. It could be other healing classes interested in picking up priests etc.
    You say that, but you mention a concern like the person knowing how not to pull threat. Which is a class knowledge concern, not a general knowledge concern.

As far as I know it was like this on retail (perhaps patched at a later stage?). Either way, at least we agree that leatherworking and alchemy will be your best professions in the end. :)
    "My memory from retail content that existed 10 years ago was X!"
    Sorry, but no. The only time this has EVER been a thing, has been on private servers. This claim, in addition to some of the other things you've said, makes it painfully obvious that you're bull****ting. If you're going to argue just for the sake of arguing or trying to stroke an ego without providing any real feedback for the guide, then I'm just going to remove any further posts.

9. I would recommend this set of talents to players who have played the game for a while and know the encounters well enough to not pull any threat and cause their untimely deaths.
    It's a decent build but I'm not too fond of it in a 25 man enviroment. You speak abou survivability yet you do not consider spellwarding (tier 2 holy). In my opinion it's a very very VERY strong talent which priests should not ignore. Especially going into BT where there is a lot of magic AoE damage. Najentus, Gorefiend, RoS phase 3, Mother Shaz, council and Illidan all deal a **** ton of magic aoe damage. Those 10%. Generally, if a mob goes for you, you're dead anyways.

So to make room for it I'd ditch impoved renew as it's a spell which causes nothing but overhealing anways. It takes one resto druid in your raid to make your renew useless. Of course renew priest is viable but so is non-renew priest. I've healed against Araxia (more CoH spam), Nelyx, Sierra and tons of other priests who embrace the renew playstyle and we dish out about the same HPS and healing done. Bottom line, the more hotters you have in your raid, the more you will step on eachothers toes and gimp eachother. So if you're comfirtable with playing a non-renew playstyle it's great. Especially if you run 2 priest and one druid in your healing team.

So those are 3 easy talent points to dump. The other 2 are more tricky. I decided to only put 1 point in Holy Concentration (Tier 7 Holy) as mana should not really be an issue anyways. It's a VERY strong talent in terms of regen actaully but you need to play properly with it. If your blue dragon procs and it's followed up by a clearcasting you extend the full regen time a bit. Now, if you tollow your clearcasting up with a inner focus you gained 10 sec extra of full regen if it's during a low-intense moment during the fight. But alas, regen mana is a non issue. Especially since people on this server seem to be really intent on having a shadow priest for the healers (WUT?!). Mana Tide, pots, fiend, innervate etc should be more than enough to sustain your mana.

I'd run with this build instead if you are really intent on survival. It's the stronger progression build imo.
    http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...00000000000000

I can kind of agree with you on the threat part. However, when a CoH priest is good they pull A LOT of threat. Take a look at Voidreaver... the limitation to how much you can heal there is how many CoH you have in the raid and the threat. There are more fights like that in BT. Specificly BLoodboil and RoS phase 3. Mother Shaz is pretty healing intensive too depending on which strat you run it can be heaven for a CoH. The fact that there are no adds about to split your threat between makes threat reduction extremely valuable.

I could discuss this for days man. I know Nelyx and I did it when we were the 2 priests in Sin. So throw a response if you'd like to discuss it further :)
    Edited: January 11, 2018

10. There's some interesting discussing here. I wanted to post some of the builds that I've been playing with

My gear: close to best in slot T5 gear, so I drop some of the mana reduction talents since our raid kills things faster than we used to.
    COH - http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...00000000000000

IDS - http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...00000000000000

Spell Warding - Learning a new fight is about doing your job and surviving. I prefer to use more survival food buffs or other consumables than to drop talents that make my spells hit harder to pick up Spell Warding. And honestly, as long as you are surviving the hit (and not being directly hit due to threat), you should be able to use binding heal or shield to keep yourself alive. I think this talent might be useful on a fight here and there but dropping 2% crit and the uptime on inspiration that goes along with that is a pretty big sacrifice and one that I wouldn't want to make. We could go deeper and talk about different fights. Solarion for example you can use Violet Badge to reduce arcane damage taken since those arcane missiles can kill you pretty quickly...on this fight I use PW:S on every other person that gets hit with AM and that seems to help. I don't know the difference between 45 arcane resistance and 10% spell damage reduction since i haven't looked too deeply into logs for this fight. A fight that Spell Warding would be useful is High Warlord Naj'entus for when his bubble bursts...and I might pick up the talent just for that fight but impaling spine is physical damage so...idk I need to think about that one. I guess it depends on how much I'm dying.

Also another thing that I keep in mind when trying different builds: Players will do more damage/threat/healing as they get more gear. IDS is another buff that effects 60%- 70% of your raid members even if it's only a little bit. My husbands mage has 410 spirit buffed which is an extra 41 spell power. And honestly mages and healers probably get the biggest benefit from IDS but that's still a pretty substantial buff when it only takes one priest to give it. I will bounce between IDS and COH as needed since I think that the benefit that the raid gets far outweigh my effectiveness to heal snipe :). I can still pump out a ton of healing as IDS and on most fights will often be 3rd or 4th as IDS instead of 1st or 2nd as COH.

Threat Reduction - I've considered picking up some threat reduction for learning new fights simply because as COH I will generate a lot of quick threat and if anyone is to die right off the pull, it's most likely going to be me. Of course it doesn't help that a giant angel appears to announce your death to the raid who then point and laugh at the squishy priest. I could take 3 points out of Power Word: Shield and put it in Silent Resolve and only lose like 330 hp off of each shield cast. And lets face it, if your tank is quick and you are mindful of what just spawned or when things just drop threat, you should never pull during a boss fight. You can get 2% threat reduction to cloak which I think might be a good option since cloak enchants just don't have the same sparkle as a +healing enchant does. Of course threat only matters right as a pull is initiated, as new mobs spawn or if there is a threat drop. I prefer to practice holding back for a second or two by tank healing for 2 greater heals or so.

Prayer of Mending - just want to talk about how I use the spell since it appears to be a "smart" heal and will bounce to those with low health over those that are at full health. I don't use POM if there is only the tank getting hit. There are some amazing times to use it like on Insidious Whispers on Leotheras or when the melee gets rooted on Vashj. During trash POM is always on cooldown and on fights where lots of periodic damage is going out I us it on cooldown as well. Sometimes POM can be 20%-30% of my healing done if I get lucky bounces.

Anyway, good discussion. Keep it coming.
    Edited: January 13, 2018

11. If I wanted to do a Silent Resolve/Spell warding build I would probably do this:
    http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...00000000000000

I wouldn't be casting gheal or fheal hardly at all in this build and would rely on COH, POM, PW:S and renew. I would only consider this build if I were 1 of 2 raid healers in a 25 man raid...so me and another shaman most likely. It wouldn't be so great if you were doing a lot of single target, I don't lose any of the talents that increase healing power but mana would suffer.

12. 1- I prefer to use more survival food buffs or other consumables than to drop talents that make my spells hit harder to pick up Spell Warding.

2 - but dropping 2% crit and the uptime on inspiration that goes along with that is a pretty big sacrifice and one that I wouldn't want to make.

3 - I don't know the difference between 45 arcane resistance and 10% spell damage reduction since i haven't looked too deeply into logs for this fight.

4 - Anyway, good discussion. Keep it coming.
    1: Makes sense. I guess you're talking about stamina food at most. To run stamina food and flask/elixirs does not make much sense imo. You will take the full damage, thus require more healing overall. I'd say it's better to go with the less damage taken instead. All and all, it's not a huge deal but it's what min-maxing is about, right? :D

2: Inspiration is a great buff indeed. But it's pretty much only useful on the tanks. Because we do not stack crit as priests we cannot count on the debuff being up anyways so I would not worry too much about it. I knew back when I played elemental shaman I'd spec into the armor buff on crit heals and just toss rank 1 heals on the tanks to keep the buff up on fights like Brutalus etc. It's a way more reliable method to have the elemental do it with his 40ish % crit. Your point is valid though if you ask me.

3: When prepping for Hyjal release I decided to go for a shadow resistance set to resist Azgalors silence because we did not have any resto druid for our MH progression in Sin. Akiva told me that resistance works in batches of 73. So 72 resistance is just as good as 1 resistance. 145 resistance is as good as 73 resistance. 73, 146, 219, 292, 365; you get the point. Thus, the 10% from warding is actually useful unlike the 45 reistance from the trinket.
    I have not tried out the theory myself because I trust that man when it comes to in game knowledge.

4: I agree :) It's a lot of fun and a testament to how well designed the priest talent tree is. You have so many options and little tweaks to make and it creates quite an internaly diverse healing class. But at the end of the day, we're talking about 5-6 points at most. I guess it comes down to preference of playstyle and/or raid comp.
    Edited: January 13, 2018

13. What kind of talents or specs would you recommend me as fresh 70lvl for healing in dungeons (norm.HC)? Should I start with IDS?

14. Yes, you should definitely start with the IDS build. It is the best build to start with.

15. Thx. And what would you recommend? Connect to aldor or scryer?

First ... 3456 Last