1. Aldor has the better enchants, and some useful gear as well.

2. Rehashing the ideal coh spec/what birkir was talking about, I'd also tentatively agree that your first coh spec recomendation is a lil krunk for t6 content. But I appricate the discussion, I think you bring up a really good point about ditching healing focus, which i hadn't previously considered. When you are taking dmg, it is likely raid dmg that you are coh'ing thru anyway/if you are tanking an add or some garbage, there's larger issues to deal with.

When i thought about this more and looked at logs, i realized that I actually hardly cast greater heal anymore to even consider pushback. With rsham's stacking haste past 20%, it's just too damn slow to warrant specing into Improved healing talent. Even more so when you consider the viablity of Flash heal when you are using earing trinket/mana pots every cd. While flash's thruput is lower than GH -- it's very rare that you'll even get the GH off without overhealing in most occasions of topping someone.

When i first considered dropping healing focus upon you metnioning it, I would have put those two talents into 5/5 holy specialization. However, with dropping improved healing for 3 talents, I can top Holy Specialization and put 1 talent into Healing Prayers -- all without having to drop healing focus so that i can still flash without push back.

Without further adieu, The best mother ****ing COH spec™
    http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...00000000000000

edit: no one wants to be the ids cuck

hmu here or ingame
    Contemporary
    Edited: March 22, 2018 Reason: forgot about cuck ids

3. It's a decent build but I'm not too fond of it in a 25 man enviroment. You speak abou survivability yet you do not consider spellwarding (tier 2 holy). In my opinion it's a very very VERY strong talent which priests should not ignore. Especially going into BT where there is a lot of magic AoE damage. Najentus, Gorefiend, RoS phase 3, Mother Shaz, council and Illidan all deal a **** ton of magic aoe damage. Those 10%. Generally, if a mob goes for you, you're dead anyways.

So to make room for it I'd ditch impoved renew as it's a spell which causes nothing but overhealing anways. It takes one resto druid in your raid to make your renew useless. Of course renew priest is viable but so is non-renew priest. I've healed against Araxia (more CoH spam), Nelyx, Sierra and tons of other priests who embrace the renew playstyle and we dish out about the same HPS and healing done. Bottom line, the more hotters you have in your raid, the more you will step on eachothers toes and gimp eachother. So if you're comfirtable with playing a non-renew playstyle it's great. Especially if you run 2 priest and one druid in your healing team.

So those are 3 easy talent points to dump. The other 2 are more tricky. I decided to only put 1 point in Holy Concentration (Tier 7 Holy) as mana should not really be an issue anyways. It's a VERY strong talent in terms of regen actaully but you need to play properly with it. If your blue dragon procs and it's followed up by a clearcasting you extend the full regen time a bit. Now, if you tollow your clearcasting up with a inner focus you gained 10 sec extra of full regen if it's during a low-intense moment during the fight. But alas, regen mana is a non issue. Especially since people on this server seem to be really intent on having a shadow priest for the healers (WUT?!). Mana Tide, pots, fiend, innervate etc should be more than enough to sustain your mana.

I'd run with this build instead if you are really intent on survival. It's the stronger progression build imo.

I can kind of agree with you on the threat part. However, when a CoH priest is good they pull A LOT of threat. Take a look at Voidreaver... the limitation to how much you can heal there is how many CoH you have in the raid and the threat. There are more fights like that in BT. Specificly BLoodboil and RoS phase 3. Mother Shaz is pretty healing intensive too depending on which strat you run it can be heaven for a CoH. The fact that there are no adds about to split your threat between makes threat reduction extremely valuable.

I could discuss this for days man. I know Nelyx and I did it when we were the 2 priests in Sin. So throw a response if you'd like to discuss it further :)
    Hey, man! Apologies for the late reply. I agree with you that Spell Warding is a dope talent in its own right, but I never found it to be a game changing talent in Black Temple or Hyjal personally. That's not to say that it can't be useful, however. It is a talent I would maybe, and have in the past, considered for Sunwell, especially with Kalecgos in mind. On that specific server, I opted gainst it in the end, though.

I don't believe a playstyle revolving around Renew is particularly viable or strong. Not in this expansion anyway. I keep it because it makes the most sense to me in that it adds a little extra to the tanks on certain fights (like Mother, Council, that one dude in Hyjal). But you can make things work without it, for sure.

I would never drop points in Holy Concentration, though. 4% doesn't sound like much, but with stacking spell haste I'll take whatever extra mana I can get. I'm currently sitting at 260 unbuffed haste, so playing around what you mentioned is really crucial. Nor would I really recommend 4/5 Silent Resolve as you have so many ways of reducing that potential problem (Fade, hunter's misdirecting, simply watching your own threat etc). Obviously this creates another problem in making your talents add up. If you think mana is not an issue, you could always drop those points in Silent Resolve as well as 2 in Mental Agility to open up Circle of Healing while keeping Spell Warding at 5.

Rehashing the ideal coh spec/what birkir was talking about, I'd also tentatively agree that your first coh spec recomendation is a lil krunk for t6 content. But I appricate the discussion, I think you bring up a really good point about ditching healing focus, which i hadn't previously considered. When you are taking dmg, it is likely raid dmg that you are coh'ing thru anyway/if you are tanking an add or some garbage, there's larger issues to deal with.

When i thought about this more and looked at logs, i realized that I actually hardly cast greater heal anymore to even consider pushback. With rsham's stacking haste past 20%, it's just too damn slow to warrant specing into Improved healing talent. Even more so when you consider the viablity of Flash heal when you are using earing trinket/mana pots every cd. While flash's thruput is lower than GH -- it's very rare that you'll even get the GH off without overhealing in most occasions of topping someone.

When i first considered dropping healing focus upon you metnioning it, I would have put those two talents into 5/5 holy specialization. However, with dropping improved healing for 3 talents, I can top Holy Specialization and put 1 talent into Healing Prayers -- all without having to drop healing focus so that i can still flash without push back.

Without further adieu, The best mother ****ing COH specâ„¢

edit: no one wants to be the ids cuck

hmu here or ingame
    Contemporary
    There's no good reason to drop Healing Focus unless you want to change your talents based on the specific encounters. Sure, you won't find yourself casting Greater Heals on a lot of fights, but it sure as hell is nice to have when it matters (and you don't have that freedom to waste a GCD on shielding yourself before getting off a crucial heal. Think Mother, Hyjal trash). I'm glad you came to the realization of keeping it, at least.

Holy Specialization is largely a filler talent to unlock other tiers. Crit is nice, but you don't gem or gear for it and you don't really specialize into it more than you absolutely have to. If you are dead set on taking points out of Improved Healing because you find yourself not using Greater Heal as much, while keeping five points in Holy Specialization, you'd still probably be better off with one point in Improved Healing over that one point in Healing Prayers (imo).

4. Wouldn't Shroud of Forgiveness (from Bloodboil) be better than Shroud of Redeemed Souls on your bis list?

Or is it simply a matter of OS5SR vs IS5SR regen? Let's also take into account full raid buffs, 3/3 meditation talent, and procs like DMC: Blue Dragon. I know this will depend on your total intellect/spirit while raid buffed

Any thoughts or math showing which is better with end game gear (all things accounted for) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

5. Shroud of Redeemed Souls grants a bigger increase to your max mana pool and the base regen is significantly higher. How big that difference is, of course, will scale with your gear. The bulk mp5, while nice, the difference in 75 max mana is what has the real impact on how effective the spirit is on the other cloak (or, rather, the lack thereof).

But it's also worth mentioning that at the T6 and Sunwell gear levels, you can expend regeneration stats (as you're going to have a LOT of it) for more throughput stats. With that said, Shroud of Forgiveness will be worth a fair amount more bonus healing. Not just because it happens to have more of it on the cloak, but also because the spirit on the cloak will translate (via talents) into more bonus healing.

The list weights the stats of Bonus healing, O5SR, I5SR, max mana and max health, all against each other. On its own, Shroud of Redeemed Souls is the better choice. Once you reach the end of T6 and Sunwell gear levels, it becomes more of a personal choice.

(Shroud of Redeemed Souls)
    A regen increase (of about 7-8mp5) + 75 max mana + 0.06% spell crit

VS.

(Shroud of Forgiveness)
    +11 bonus healing.

6. The list weights the stats of Bonus healing, O5SR, I5SR, max mana and max health, all against each other. On its own, Shroud of Redeemed Souls is the better choice. Once you reach the end of T6 and Sunwell gear levels, it becomes more of a personal choice.

(Shroud of Redeemed Souls)
    A regen increase (of about 7-8mp5) + 75 max mana + 0.06% spell crit

VS.

(Shroud of Forgiveness)
    +11 bonus healing.
    Exactly the type of response I was looking for. Thank you

7. I noticed one of the badge offhands isn't on the item list as well as the gear from the isle badge vendor. Where do these items stack up?

8. I noticed one of the badge offhands isn't on the item list as well as the gear from the isle badge vendor. Where do these items stack up?
    Thank you for bringing this up. I hadn't included them in the lists at the time of the creation of said lists because they weren't available yet.
    Off the top of my head, iirc, they are somwhere on the list just below T6 gear (Hyjal & BT) in quality.

First ... 456