1. May 29, 2017  
    Thanks so much, Mercy. i keep in mind your lessons

2. June 2, 2017  
    Thank you for a great guide! I got some things to add:

I'd like to see you add an explanation on how to gain sick mana reg from 5scr by using clear casting procc + inner focus.

And on some fights, using Elixir of Mastery might suit you better than Elixir of Healing Power. That would be for example: Naj'entus and Mother Shahraz in Black Temple where HP counts. That +15 spirit also helps.

You wrote: Power Word: Shield - - - NEVER put this on a Warrior or Druid tank when they are pulling - they will need rage for threat!
    On most boss pulls I prefer to use PW:Shield + PoM on the tanks because:
    You got a Hunter using MD in most cases, meaning the threat lost from rage not being generated is absent.
    When pulling your MT healers (paladins) have to move to get into position making them unable to heal.
    Bosses in T5+ raids hits pretty hard anyway so your shield will be like butter saving you from a 450+ °C knife. (So the tank will gain rage anyway).
    And I'm not sure but I think PW:S converts the amount of dmg absorbed into threat the same way PoM does.

Cheers!

3. June 2, 2017  
    Thanks for the input! I will be adding to the guide over the course of the next few days, as my time permits.
    @Power Word: Shield - This is true in a raid setting, especially when you consider that the shield will often only mitigate part of the initial hit from a boss. When I wrote that, I had dungeon trash pulls in mind more than anything. I'll address that part of the guide soon also!

4. June 6, 2017  
    Which race do u suggest for holy pve ally? Dranei or human? I think dranei is more helpful for the party and human well an egoistic race with selfbuff only....

5. June 6, 2017  
    Draenei is pretty good for the free heal (Gift of the Naaru) and the hit rating it provides. I would argue that while Draenei can be very good in general, Humans can be even better early on - at least until you get some decent gear. Humans have more spirit which helps your regeneration dramatically, and then you also have Desperate Prayer which is personal survivability. Also keep in mind that if you're grouped with another Draenei, your hit racial does nothing.

I would say that if you have immediate access to a raiding guild and expect to be raiding fairly quickly, then Draenei is a very strong option. Otherwise, Human is recommended.

6. Draenei is pretty good for the free heal (Gift of the Naaru) and the hit rating it provides. I would argue that while Draenei can be very good in general, Humans can be even better early on - at least until you get some decent gear. Humans have more spirit which helps your regeneration dramatically, and then you also have Desperate Prayer which is personal survivability. Also keep in mind that if you're grouped with another Draenei, your hit racial does nothing.

I would say that if you have immediate access to a raiding guild and expect to be raiding fairly quickly, then Draenei is a very strong option. Otherwise, Human is recommended.
    I'm a little surprised you don't mention Symbol of Hope here when talking about Draenei priest benefits. Any Draenei can give the hit rating, but Symbol of Hope is the bees knees. Great guide btw, thank you for taking the time to put it together!
    Edited: June 12, 2017

7. T5 two-piece set bonus is BIS until Wrath, whenever you get it. For which slots of T5 to use in your T6 and Sunwell gear sets, it depends on what items you have. Try and set them up so that you lose the least possible stats. Especially Spirit.
    I will see about adding T4 and T5 lists soon.
    I disagree with this statement.
    The 2-set for tier 5 sure sounds amazing and all. But in my experience, mana largely becomes an obsolote factor towards the end of tier 6 as the gear is so good. In addition, the resto shaman stacking is real in tier 6 and if your shamans rotate mana tides properly (which they should), you will not run out of mana. Then you might have a feral tank which can innervate you (if need be) and mana potions.
    I've played a lot of Shadow Priest in Sunwell and the only really healing intense fight where the healers need a shadow priest is M'uru. Thing is, the SP does so much damage in Sunwell that the healers will be able to spam like crazy and the SP + mp5/spirit will keep their mana at pretty much full. I could always call for mana tides on demand as the healers had full mana constantly.

As a holy priest you will spend a huge portion of your time pressing that CoH and then your 2-set t5 will not do anything at all for you.

So instead of gimping my overall bonus healing/crit/haste/spirit, I would instead prefer having more throughput stats.
    Just my take on the matter :)
    Edited: June 17, 2017

8. As a holy priest you will spend a huge portion of your time pressing that CoH and then your 2-set t5 will not do anything at all for you.

So instead of gimping my overall bonus healing/crit/haste/spirit, I would instead prefer having more throughput stats.
    Just my take on the matter :)
    I would like to encourage you to read the guide in its entirety.

To clarify, in case you can't find the specific references in the guide, there is a note that you should not be using T5 set bonus in T6+ content if you are using CoH spec. However, it remains BIS for the IDS spec, and one IDS specced Priest in a raid is absolutely necessary.

9. Bumping for an update to the guide. I've added a bunch of information to the "Other Tips" section! Here's a direct link to it: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2826839
    I plan on adding some tips and pointers for specific boss encounters that they may be necessary for. If you'd like to help with this part of the guide, feel free to post your tips here on send me a private message if you prefer! You are also more than welcome to suggest other tips unrelated to boss encounters, and ask for clarifications to parts of the guide!

I also plan on adding much more material to the gear portion of the guide. It will include, but may not be limited to, BIS lists and lists of good items. Please keep in mind what is "BIS" is very subjective depending on both a person's play-style, and what stats are provided by the rest of the person's gear (for example, spirit becomes more effective with more intellect, avoiding getting too much crit, getting the right amount of haste, etc.).

10. do you use a heal addon? is there one available for tbc?

11. The only addon I personally use that has any tangible effect on my healing is Grid. Grid changes your party/raid frames to where it's better organized for healing. The only addon I'm aware of that helps more than this is healbot. I don't really advise using it, though, as it is quite the crutch.

12. Not agree with all of it, but depends on playstyle too :D

But a little tip is to spam rank 1 Flash Heal on main tank before pull, to get inspiration. Specially good on a hard boss encounter.

Vellia

13. If you want to get inspiration on the tank before they pull, there are several more efficient healing spells you can use than Flash Heal.

14. July 8, 2017  
    Great guide, wtb T4+T5 BiS lists. :)

15. Great guide that encouraged me to start new char.Never been heal i hope its gonna b fun.Currently lvl 62 shadow and im not having mana problems.Sure - need 2 stop sometimes if i kill 5-6 mobs one by one but other than that im not stoppin 4 a rest.As shadow u can pull 3 mobs same lvl as u and easy smash em ;)Stacking int+spirit+spell dmg thats all u need 4 lvling.PW:S works great and u dont need no stamina.Also spirit tap is a must ;) Respec 2 holy when i hit 70...cant w8 :D
    Thanks a lot Mercy!

First 1234 ... Last