1. May 27, 2017  
    Still, WF/WF > WF/FT. FT just scales badly with Enh gear, that's all. You can't force it to work well by gimping your overall DPS for the sake of gaining 50-100 more DPS from it.

2. May 31, 2017  
    Hi! Enhance shammy in retail BC here! Enhance DPS in late T6 content capped out about 2250 for tank and spank fights (i.e. Brutallus). However, every serious raiding guild had at least 1 Enhancement Shaman for their melee group due to the buffs they provide. Some guilds, like mine, had an additional Enhancement Shaman for the tank group. This reduced the shaman's personal dps, but provided a lot of extra threat for the MT, which is useful if your top-end DPS were really pushing the envelope.

I can tell you how to build for DPS for retail BC, however, it's my understanding that most private BC servers have some serious issues with the way shaman abilities work - especially WF. That means that you're probably best off doing some in-game testing to check things like WF ICD, WF5/4 shared ICD, FT viability, etc.

I never raided as ele, but as has been noted previously in this thread, ele shamans were generally a 1-2 per raid thing as well. They provide ToW for caster groups, but their personal dps was low compared to locks, although it was significantly better than Shadow Priests (also a 1-per-raid spec).

Shamans make great healers in late BC, but saying that you'll have a hard time finding groups as other specs is just silly. Harder than finding a raiding guild as resto, sure, but not hard; neither ele nor enh is a gimped spec.

3. Damn guys... WF/WF is pretty bulls**t, because WF has 3 sec inner CD... that means when your offhand proc WF for less damage, then you mainhand aint able to proc WF due 3 sec WF inner CD. Then in fight it can proc as same as before and you would have less mainhamd WF procs in total and that means less DPS. WF/WF proves to be good at leveling, but not for TOP DPS.

4. Damn guys... WF/WF is pretty bulls**t, because WF has 3 sec inner CD... that means when your offhand proc WF for less damage, then you mainhand aint able to proc WF due 3 sec WF inner CD. Then in fight it can proc as same as before and you would have less mainhamd WF procs in total and that means less DPS. WF/WF proves to be good at leveling, but not for TOP DPS.
    But your MH will swing first and IF it doesnt proc tour OH can proc, next swings cant proc cuz 3s rule. 3d swing is MH first and has a chanse to proc... Ser where im going with this?. IF you dont trust people here just YouTube it. WF-WF is better then WF-FT

5. You may not be able to compete for top PVE DPS against a warlock or hunter but enhance and ele sham still do great DPS and you'll ALWAYS be able to find a group because every group needs wrath of air, windfury or grace of air. That includes every group in the raid so they can use multiple shaman.

They're also great in PVP. They both do lots of burst and have a few comps they can pick from in every bracket.

6. You may not be able to compete for top PVE DPS against a warlock or hunter but enhance and ele sham still do great DPS and you'll ALWAYS be able to find a group because every group needs wrath of air, windfury or grace of air. That includes every group in the raid so they can use multiple shaman.

They're also great in PVP. They both do lots of burst and have a few comps they can pick from in every bracket.

That's the point. Enh and ele will never outdps equally geared lock/hunter but its still viable dps. And can get rly nice numbers in dps if properly played. The funny party is that ppl often thinks in way i hate the most: "you're here to just place totems lol and boost us". That seriously triggers me up cos not rly, especially that a lot people talking in this way were doing far less dps/dmg than me in worse gear even if they had totems lol. Same about spriest, it's not only mana regeneration, dealing a LOT dmg in fight if properly played. Sadly even in such old expansion people still can't play classes that are using more than 2 buttons lol.

On specific level if shaman would be bad in dps just dont take him. It's often not worth overall party gain, better take resto shaman who provides one of best healing and utility stuff on tbc comparable with hpal only.

About weapons wf vs flametongue. You're joking right? WF have 20% proc rate so double weapon is only 40% proc in every 3sec. Flametongue scalling DOWN not UP, it deals less dmg on fast weapons lol. Also flametongue is not stacking with ap but with bsd. I've not seen any bsd enhs since I play WoW tho. WF is scalling with ap so deals a lot more dmg. Flame is good maybe on start, when you just don't have proper gear. The only proper way for enh is double slow weapon with 2x WF. If your shaman uses flametongue, its not surprise me anymore that you think about enh only as booster.

First 12