1. May 21, 2017  

DPS Shaman?

Can anyone tell me how are Enhanced or Elemental in TBC? Not looking to do healing Resto spec. How was Shaman DPS in PVP and PVE?

2. May 23, 2017  
    From my previous tbc experience elemental shamans have been awesome dps. I've only done up to heroics though and it was on feenix and vengeance.

3. May 23, 2017  
    Enhanced you just need good weapons

Elem you just need Spell power

they have everything both dps

4. May 24, 2017  
    Heya! First of all, you're going to have a hard time finding a group as a non-Resto Shaman because that's pretty much the class's best spec on TBC and it's also one of the best healers for the expansion.

I am only going to talk about raids because everything in dungeons is relative. Now, Enhancement is used for its Unleashed Rage buff, which means that one Enh for the melee group is good. Anything more than that is a waste of a DPS slot. Similarly, Elemental is used for its Totem of Wrath in the caster group. Both Enh and Elemental are NOT top DPS specs, with elemental doing kind of okay. As Elemental, you would still always be outDPSed by warlocks, rogues, hunters, warriors and mages who manage to hit around 2.5k-3k DPS in SWP. However, you will be dealing more DPS than Rets (especially if you're ally), boomkins or SPs, which will float around 1.5k-2.5k.

The above is considering you are all equally geared and skilled, so if anyone plans on coming up with "it's all about skill" - kys.

"Yes, but I also have other totems and Bloodlust" - so does Resto.

5. May 24, 2017  
    Shaman enh is probably not going to work here properly, because on every private server there is generally no known bug related to poorly scaled flametongue weapon dmg, the same applies to hitcap,(not sure about WF dmg) but players will say that everything works as always :). If u can play enha would outdps most class.

6. May 24, 2017  
    Shaman enh is probably not going to work here properly, because on every private server there is generally no known bug related to poorly scaled flametongue weapon dmg, the same applies to hitcap,(not sure about WF dmg) but players will say that everything works as always :). If u can play enha would outdps most class.
    U don't use flametongue in TBC.
    Double WF gives the most dps.

Enhance shami is the best supporter of the xpac. Improved WF totem, strength totem, agi totem and unleashed rage are 4 unique buffs that increase the dps of melees in ur party significant.
    In Wotlk they added DKs which overwrite all the EnH shamis buffs and make the class worthless.
    Edited: May 24, 2017

7. May 25, 2017  
    Agi totem and WF totem are both air but yeah :D An Enh's main job in TBC is to just "be there" and provide his buffs and totems since the spec by itself does poor DPS.

8. May 25, 2017  

9. May 25, 2017  
    Yeah, totem twisting is a great thing.

Does anybody know if spellpower EnH shami with double FT is a thing back in TBC?
    I have read flametongue doesn't scale with weapon speed so a fast sp dagger combined with a fast offhand with FT might deal some good dps.

I was thinking about such a talent build:
    http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...00000000000000
    - same party buffs like the normal EnH spec
    - elemental focus can be triggered from double FT
    - 100% more crit dmg with FT
    - elemental devestation in combination with two fast weapons should proc enough melee crits to keep unleashed rage up.
    Edited: May 25, 2017

10. May 26, 2017  
    U don't use flametongue in TBC.
    Double WF gives the most dps.
    So you have no idea about shaman enh and you are probably a fenix wow player, since you say you do not use a flametongue weapon :)
    Read some of the changes with the patches of the individual classes and you will find the answer :)

@up http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...01000000000000 if u have fast OH( 1.5 only)
    Edited: May 26, 2017

11. May 26, 2017  
    So you have no idea about shaman enh and you are probably a fenix wow player, since you say you do not use a flametongue weapon :)
    Read some of the changes with the patches of the individual classes and you will find the answer :)

@up http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...01000000000000 if u have fast OH( 1.5 only)
    Well, good luck then with ur 1.5 weapon.

12. May 27, 2017  
    It does scale with weapon speed, it even says it in the tooltip :P It also scales with spell damage.

13. May 27, 2017  

Hi!

You're wrong.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...nt-shaman-faq/

"Offhand weapon enchants
    Flametongue and frostbrand don't scale with enhancement gear, so there is a breakpoint where WF5/WF5 beats WF5/FB and WF5/FT. This breakpoint is roughly at 60dps weapons slower than 2.0s and 800AP."
    Bye!

14. May 27, 2017  
    It does scale with weapon speed, it even says it in the tooltip :P It also scales with spell damage.
    True that, i mixed it up after reading this:
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...nt-shaman-faq/
    "- Benefits from 10% of your spell damage per hit. This additional damage ignores weapon speed, so if you're elemental get the fastest dagger can you find. "

As far as I remember i have read somewhere something about EnH shami build with SP gear and double FL for TBC. Cant find the thread anymore though.

15. May 27, 2017  
    Of course, it scales with weapon speed, but better performance can be gained (and should be) by using fast OH instead slow OH especially in better equipment.
    Anyway ill check it when i get my 70 and give u proof.

But do not think the class will work fully because it's just warmane, a server that puts on quantity rather than quality

12 Last