1. May 22, 2017  

Class and race - I have no idea how to choose them

Hello!
    I'm usually plaing on WotLK realm, but since TBC was relased it would be shame if I didn't give it a shot, as a old-WoW player ^_^

I need some help from more experienced players, cause it's been ~8 years since I played TBC last time. Also, it was an trash server.

I want to start playing here with my friend, she want to be rogue. If you can help us by answering for following questions it will be so helpful!

1) Which race is good for rogue? Are racialas as different and important as in WotLK? (Mainly for pve, horde)
    Is combat best PvE spec? What about leveling?

2) Class for me. I don't want any leather/plate user. Probably not hunter, cause of ammo (annoying for me). I don't think shaman have any decent pve spec, expect resto, but i'm not into totems anyway.

So, I thought about an clother. Tell me how viable they are on raids and how big their dps is (not specific number, just low/high/at the top/middle/bottom of charts/ better than xxx/yyy etc etc):
    Priest - shadow or holy I think. (Is healer harder or easier to play than dps? Or similiar difficulty?)
    Warlock - as I heard, the best pve dps, but totally one-buton rotation. It seems kinda boring, isn't it?
    Mage - for sure as always, arcane or fire. How are their dps, lvling, rotation?

I don't need long answers, just short explain :)
    See ya in game :)
    Edited: May 22, 2017

2. May 22, 2017  
    No one will pick a class for you it really is down to personal preference.

3. May 22, 2017  
    1) combat rogue is top tier dps endgame, as for race i personally would go undead so if you decide to do pvp you have a nice racial.

2) ignoring the non cloth user statements (because it seems non of those are an option for you), Best mage dps pre-raid (and maybe Kara too) is frost. Mages are always needed for utility and poly but won't be top dps.
    Warlocks - from what I have seen these is by far the most popular class right now. yes they are a 1 button spec if you go shadow bolt spam but you can also go affliction or SL/SL (pvp) and be viable and competitive dps. They are also imo, east to level once you get void. since there are so many getting a raid spot will be more competitive.
    Priest - Shadow is good for leveling, provides a good source of mana regen in groups and raids. I have never played holy priest in TBC, but i have been told by healers it is the most challenging of the healers.
    Alternative - I know you said you didn't want plate but i would consider paladins. They are the lowest % in classes for horde. If you are playing with your friend you can go prot, and end game if you still want to heal you can. If you level solo ret is fine. you have highly desirable buffs, and great aoe tank ability. raid spots will be easier to come by too due to lack of paladins atm.

hope this helps.

4. May 22, 2017  
    Yup, thanks a lot :) Also, considering enh shammy a bit. I totally love WF proc's and I think they might be a utility-bringer, cause of totems (also WF) and bloodlust. Anyway, I'm afraid their PvE dps will be low. What you think?
    Edited: May 22, 2017

5. May 22, 2017  
    Their dps will not be top endgame, but damage is still good. TBC isnt all about topping the recount meter. if you are worried about how the dps will be for quests and dailies end game, don't be. Once dual spec is implemented you will be happy with the shaman because you can go resto too.

6. May 23, 2017  
    Mage is a top tier dps class buddy, the best dps during pre-raid, T4, T5 and early/mid T6. Perfect choice to top a recount.
    Hunter and destrolock are the 2 main dps on late T6 and T6,5.

Rogue are trash in pve before getting glaives and they don't boost any other class. They have one of the weakest impact in pve actually.

Shamans are god-like in pve. Rsham is the best healer and enhance can deal almost the same damages than rogue while providing totems and bl for their group. Their contribution to the raid dps is one of the highest in the game (if not the highest).

Paladin are trash in dps and tank spec (as prot you are useful on 3 encounters in the entire game lol) but having a hpally is an absolute necessity in any r25 because of sacri and tank healing.
    Edited: May 23, 2017

7. May 23, 2017  
    Pre-Kara gear - T5 dps order
    Lock
    Hunter
    Mage

Once melee start getting more armor ignore they take over T6+

there is a ton of information out there about dps in this exspansion. Not sure where Vall is getting mage topping the charts information.

o btw rogues do bring a debuff that is important to other melee "expose armor"

8. May 23, 2017  
    1) Which race is good for rogue? Are racialas as different and important as in WotLK? (Mainly for pve, horde)
    Is combat best PvE spec? What about leveling?

- Best bet would be Orc, due to the increased damage of Blood Fury.

2) Class for me. I don't want any leather/plate user. Probably not hunter, cause of ammo (annoying for me). I don't think shaman have any decent pve spec, expect resto, but i'm not into totems anyway.

- 100% a personal preference.
    Warlock is top-tier DPS, but as you say, can be quite stale. It's a nice class for a raid leader, however.
    If you were to go for cloth, I'd say:
    DPS wise:
    Warlock
    Mage
    Elemental Shaman
    Shadow Priest
    Boomkin

Playstyle wise:
    Shadow Priest
    Boomkin
    Mage
    Warlock
    Elemental Shaman

Above mentioned is my personal opinion, of course.

9. May 23, 2017  
    Pre-Kara gear - T5 dps order
    Lock
    Hunter
    Mage
    Hunter vs casters with spellstrike + spellfire / shadoweave? Lolnop. Destrolock's scaling is higher than mage's scaling but their base damage are lower. Mage > lock during T4-T5 on most fight.

Once melee start getting more armor ignore they take over T6+
    And once casters start getting more hast they take over T6+?

there is a ton of information out there about dps in this exspansion. Not sure where Vall is getting mage topping the charts information.
    From spell coef. It's math.

btw rogues do bring a debuff that is important to other melee "expose armor"
    EA cycle lower your personnal dps, every rogue play with SnD>R>E cycle.

10. May 24, 2017  
    [QUOTE=Salendro;2808443]Pre-Kara gear - T5 dps order

Pre-Kara ? T5 ? Kara contains T4 coins not T5