1. May 22, 2017  

How was shadow priest in PVE and PVP in TBC?

Hi,

I've never played a priest in my entire wow life, I'm actually curious to roll one but I have this preconceived idea that Disc and Holy are boring and Shadow seems cool.

How is Shadow in both PVE and PVP in TBC?

Thanks

2. May 22, 2017  
    They're really useful in PvE, as a mana battery (5% of the shadow damage you do to your targets with Vampiric Touch on them are granted as mana to your entire party), and do decent DPS. In PvP, they're pretty decent too. Especially in BGs where you can freely dot people most of the time, and in arena with the right comps.

3. May 22, 2017  
    They're great for utility in pve and most raids should always have 1/2 shadow priests, although their dps starts to fall off hard once you hit higher tiers of content. If you want to top the charts warlock is the way. Holy priests are damn good raid healers and pretty fun if you ask me

4. Speaking from my experiences back in TBC, I played Spriest for the back half of the expansion in PvP and found that it was pretty hard to beat. As long as you're good at DoT/Mana management, keep the Melee's kited and focus down casters you should be all good. if you can, try and find old WoW videos called Shadow Word: Dance - I believe there is 3 different parts, 3rd being the best. This guy is able to 3/4v1 at level 67. Mainly at the same level as him, sometimes level 70.

5. May 12, 2018  
    shadow priest is funny, yet every single melee class out there will kill you in no problem, even if you got high level gear. Priest has no root/srpint/reliable CC to keep melee enemies away from you and unless someone help ya, you're basically a free kill. (for example a feral drood trinket your fear and sits on you 24/7 till you die by bleeding or rogue stunlock you to death silencing you twice with garrote and incase of need he got COS)
    Your dot can be dispelled by most classes without penalty (unlike warlock UA) which means a paladin healer will laugh in your face all times as well as enemy priests discipline. Is very hard class to play but in arena 2v2 witha rogue buddy/Bm hunter or druid you can get good ratings. (me myself am shadow pvp and in 2v2 i run with a fire mage and we are having good times there.

In pveyou are practically a hybrid: Damage and heal at same times. do not expect to top dps meters, that is not your role nor your concern. Apply VE and full dot plaetora to enemy bosses and you will be good to go! :)