1. May 23, 2017  

How is the PVP in TBC?

I'm thinking of playing the Burning Crusade realm but before I make the decision to level up and all I would like to know if the PvP in TBC is any fun compared to WOTLK. Can anyone with some experience tell me?

2. May 23, 2017  
    Tbc is imo the best pvp expansion in wow history when it comes to fun.

3. May 23, 2017  
    Fact: wotlk is more balanced than tbc. However, tbc has an oldschool, pure pvp experience. There is no rdf and you can join battleground by only npcs from the capitals. This means you are constantly meeting with people all over the world. There are always people around the summoning stones, and I love the feeling when I go to the battleground room and I see tons of people who are waiting for the pop. It feels like the world is alive, and I prefer this instead of balanced pvp but hundreds of ppl standing in one place in front of a vendor and waiting for the pop.

4. May 23, 2017  
    In terms of BGs it is usually quite good but will be boring if too many healers join. Especially druids. However you can contribute and have a good time with any class and spec.

Arena wise it is somewhat dull. Only a few certain comps will be viable for 2v2 and that typically includes a resto druid for most teams. 3v3 is exciting, as is 5v5 but it is difficult to get a clear pattern on them due to the high amount of available comps.

1v1 is good but also a bit rigid. Certain classes will lose by default to some specs. SSHrogues, feral druids, frost mages and well played hunters are in the top here. SL/SL warlocks are OP until BT and after that they are trash due to shadow resistance gear, same with shadowpriests. Resto druids will beat most things in 1v1 (given time) and troll discipline priest will dominate all but a few certain specs.

World PvP: One of the weak points of TBC. Due to flying mounts the world PvP in Outland can be action packed, but also that action can fade away in an instant. Old vanilla zones tend to have better WPvP if 70s venture there.

5. May 23, 2017  
    Depends what your definition of "fun pvp" is.
    Wotlk is bursty, fast-paced, some say dynamic, some say ridiculous.
    Tbc is much slower-paced and fights generally last longer, talking about 1v1s here.

If you like explosive streaks and bursty fights you might like WotLK better, if you like thinking your opponent out and using all of your skills instead of 3, give Tbc a try.

6. May 23, 2017  
    Well TBC PvP can be very bursty if one gears/specs for it. Especially when the BT/SWP comes.

7. May 23, 2017  
    For me, TBC is the second best expansion PvP-wise.

The PvP in TBC is slow-paced, but the skill-gap between good and great players, is noticeable.
    Another thing about TBC PvP is, that it's a bit more forgiving, compared to WotlK. (Where, if you did one mistake, you'd be dead)

8. May 23, 2017  
    Fact: wotlk is more balanced than tbc. .
    This made me cringe. Wotlk is world of burstcraft. Or world of Platecraft take your pick.

9. May 23, 2017  
    Thank you all for the comments. You guys are positive about the PvP over all so I'll give TBC a try.

10. May 23, 2017  
    Thank you all for the comments. You guys are positive about the PvP over all so I'll give TBC a try.
    too bad you didnt play at all on PTR.it was instant 70 with free s1 gear so you can test out classes and such.
    pvp at first seems a bit dull but if you keep playing will get use to it and will see there is a lot to learn there.skills>gear that phrase apply the most for TBC.warglaive rogue with low skills will always lose to lower geared skilled rogue.in WOTLK shadowmoure warrior with low skills will win half or most of the game vs lower geared skilled warrior.