1. May 24, 2017  
    This is annoying. Stop qqing , pay 10€ or go do something else if u cant afford it. (Which i dont rlly believe coz u wouldnt be sitting in front a monitor if u didnt have 10€)
    If you actually can afford it yet u dont pay and complain...you are a rat.
    Devs deserve the money so much for giving such low cost high quality entertainment.

2. May 24, 2017  
    Yes, that's correct. I'll illustrate it for everyone.

For this example, let's assume that 1,000 is the cap.
    1,000 people online (capped)
    500 donotors log in.
    1,500 people online (500 over cap).
    Anyone who is not a donater cannot log in until the population is again under the cap.
    Lets take this example further. 1000 cap, 500 donators and a large queue (which is happening right now). Naturally, people want to avoid queue so they donate. What happens when you have 1001 donators on a server with 1000 cap mentioned above? Is the guy who donated placed in a queue? Does he have a priority in the queue? Is he placed in a separate queue, lets call it donators queue? Does the server capacity increase for the amount of queued donators in this situation?

3. May 24, 2017  
    So if I donate via CC it won't work right away? The queue right now is ridiculous and I'd love to play a little before having to sleep.

4. May 24, 2017  
    Lets take this example further. 1000 cap, 500 donators and a large queue (which is happening right now). Naturally, people want to avoid queue so they donate. What happens when you have 1001 donators on a server with 1000 cap mentioned above? Is the guy who donated placed in a queue? Does he have a priority in the queue? Is he placed in a separate queue, lets call it donators queue? Does the server capacity increase for the amount of queued donators in this situation?
    you didnt really understand mercy's example...
    the cap 13k is for non-premium accounts. basicly, you can say that for premium accounts server capacity and que does not exist. 13k ppl online already, 1k donators wants to log in, server capacity reaches 14k. simple as that. non-donors can only log in when server capacity is below 13000, ur line moves when it reaches like 12999.
    get it now?

EDIT: basicly they have 13k capacity set with like 10% more space so server wouldnt crash if alot of premium people wanted to login. sure you could theoretically speculate what would happen if every1 donated and what server would reach 20k capacity cus every1 was a premium? sure at that case yeah it would, but its real life, it will never happen. there will ALWAYS be players who wait que and those who skip it.
    Edited: May 24, 2017

5. May 24, 2017  
    No, donors never go into the queue. They push past the cap, so there are 1001 players online, and the next person in queue has to wait for two people to log off (one to bring it down to 1000, then one to open an actual spot for them to take). Now, before you go into the years-old follow up of "what if 14000 donors login at the same time," we've been here for many, many years and that has never ever been an issue. With 13000 people you get a pretty constant flow of people logging off, crashing, etc. that ensure donors never have to push the queue too far, and never for very long.

6. May 24, 2017  
    No, donors never go into the queue. They push past the cap, so there are 1001 players online, and the next person in queue has to wait for two people to log off (one to bring it down to 1000, then one to open an actual spot for them to take). Now, before you go into the years-old follow up of "what if 14000 donors login at the same time," we've been here for many, many years and that has never ever been an issue. With 13000 people you get a pretty constant flow of people logging off, crashing, etc. that ensure donors never have to push the queue too far, and never for very long.
    That was my initial thinking, but I guess with 14k donators you would be able to open a new server or whatnot, so that's not an issue.

7. May 24, 2017  
    That was my initial thinking, but I guess with 14k donators you would be able to open a new server or whatnot, so that's not an issue.
    Why? Server started a few days ago, online players will drop in a few days, as it goes with any mmo. A second server would only mean two half full server on the long term.

8. May 24, 2017  
    Why? Server started a few days ago, online players will drop in a few days, as it goes with any mmo. A second server would only mean two half full server on the long term.
    Even if the population didn't drop, you have to think of resource management. We can have a server stable at 13000 players. We'd need in the very least, let's say, +80% of that amount to justify opening a new server. A queue of 2000 or 3000 while bad from the point of view of people waiting is nowhere near enough to justify another server, and opening a second one isn't something that can be done on a "let's give it a try and see what happens" basis. Personally, if another server was opened I'd expect it to be alike to Lordaeron, with x1 rates and possibly tweaks to make it unique and cater to a different public, not as a wasteful extension of Outland.

9. May 24, 2017  
    Yes, that's correct. I'll illustrate it for everyone.

For this example, let's assume that 1,000 is the cap.
    1,000 people online (capped)
    500 donotors log in.
    1,500 people online (500 over cap).
    Anyone who is not a donater cannot log in until the population is again under the cap.
    Okay so if this is how it works, let's apply this to Outland.

13,000 people online (capped)
    500 donators log in.
    13,500 people online (500 over cap)
    Then why does the website counter only ever show 13,000? And not 13,500? Why doesn't the counter show the actual number of people logged in rather than just a flat number of 13,000?

10. May 24, 2017  
    Even if the population didn't drop, you have to think of resource management. We can have a server stable at 13000 players. We'd need in the very least, let's say, +80% of that amount to justify opening a new server. A queue of 2000 or 3000 while bad from the point of view of people waiting is nowhere near enough to justify another server, and opening a second one isn't something that can be done on a "let's give it a try and see what happens" basis. Personally, if another server was opened I'd expect it to be alike to Lordaeron, with x1 rates and possibly tweaks to make it unique and cater to a different public, not as a wasteful extension of Outland.
    And what about people that are not even trying to play and queue because the queue is ridiculous?
    You will never see 10k queue becuz people are not that crazy to wait 24 hours to login.

11. May 24, 2017  
    And what about people that are not even trying to play and queue because the queue is ridiculous?
    You will never see 10k queue becuz people are not that crazy to wait 24 hours to login.
    Hence why I say that I personally believe that if a second server is opened, it will be in a different model, to attract a different type of crowd than Outland. It would attract some of the people who are in Outland, but would rather player x1 for example, and maybe some who are in the queue as an alternative to not wait in it. That would be expanding the business, while an Outland clone more than likely would just mean two half-filled servers and a waste of resources.

12. May 24, 2017  
    Jesus , 10€ per slot , this is a real money making scheme , Nostalrius was doing it for free when they reached 25k ppl and got shut down and investigated by Blizzard with a potential law suit.
    If this is for profit I wonder how long untill Blizzard will start investigating.

13. May 24, 2017  
    Jesus , 10€ per slot , this is a real money making scheme , Nostalrius was doing it for free when they reached 25k ppl and got shut down and investigated by Blizzard with a potential law suit.
    If this is for profit I wonder how long untill Blizzard will start investigating.
    No one forces you to pay anything mate, it's your own decision.

14. May 24, 2017  
    Its time you guys understand.

"Donation" - something that is given to a charity, especially a sum of money. We give our money to Warmane as a charity to help the developers keep the server alive. If you don't agree with us having some benefits than, this server is not for you! Go to another server with no queues where they sell every single piece of equipment so you can play for free :)

15. May 24, 2017  
    Okay so if this is how it works, let's apply this to Outland.

13,000 people online (capped)
    500 donators log in.
    13,500 people online (500 over cap)
    Then why does the website counter only ever show 13,000? And not 13,500? Why doesn't the counter show the actual number of people logged in rather than just a flat number of 13,000?
    Because #1. the counter isn't in real time; #2. players log out and crash all the time among 13000 players; #3. because of the previous, it never gets that high, it simply makes the queue last much longer; and finally #4 it actually does goes past and even in Icecrown people would see it over 12000 (and come to the Forums ask why, complain that if the sever can get more than 12000 we should increase the cap, blah blah blah), but since the cap generally gets fixed fast (because of 2), is just past the cap by less than a dozen at most times (because of 3) and it's just a snapshop (see 1), chances of it showing more are low and it rarely happens. Go ahead and stay constantly refreshing the main page for a few days, maybe you'll catch it happening.

First 12345 ... Last