1. May 25, 2017  

Windfury Totem + Windfury Weapon

I had a question about Enhance shaman leveling on the TBC server Outland. When I'm using a 2h weapon and I have my weapon buffed with Windfury Weapon, does the windfury totem still give me another 20% chance to proc? Or how does it work on this server? Windfury totem gives more extra Attack power than just windfury weapon so I'm wondering if I should buff my weapon with a different buff. Thank you in advance.

2. May 25, 2017  
    WF totem shouldn't do anything to ur weapon because WF weapon overwrites the WF totem and u can not have both imbues at the same time.
    WF totem is only there to buff ur party members while it doesn't give anything to u.

3. May 25, 2017  
    So then should I use windfury totem and then a different weapon enhance?

4. May 25, 2017  
    So then should I use windfury totem and then a different weapon enhance?
    what he means is, weapons in wow can only have one type of enhancement or buff on them (excluding enchantments like mongoose etc)

so as a shaman you can choose flametongue totem, windfury totem, or windfury weapon, flamtongue weapon or frostbrand weapon, rogues can choose a poison or windfury for example, but you cannot have both.

so if you used windfury totem and flametongue weapon the flametongue will be on your weapon and windfury totem would do nothing for you.

as for you saying windfury totem does more, at max level it will not do more, i am assuming maybe you just got totem at 32 and its offering more than wf weapon you got at 30 maybe but again this will not be the case later and as a shaman you want your weapon buffs over using totems to buff weapons, totems are for other people

5. June 4, 2017  
    WF Totem is 1 extra swing, WF Weapon is 2 extra swings. No matter what the AP difference is between the two buffs, WF Weapon wins, hands down. The only air totem you should be using for DPS while soloing is Grace of Air. You'll also occasionally use Grounding Totem. In a group, you may be using WF totem to buff the melee. It depends on a couple of factors, primarily, what class is tanking. If you've got a druid tank, you should be using GoA, as WF does not work for druids in bear form, but GoA provides armor, crit and dodge. If you've got a pally tank, you'll generally be using Wrath of Air Totem, which increases spell power, increasing your tank's threat. A warrior tank, use WF Totem, as WF provides more threat for a warrior than GoA does. Of course, if the DPS isn't coming anywhere close to being threat-capped, you can drop WF for rogues or dps warriors. Hunters don't benefit from WF, so if your group has 2 hunters in it, GoA is the superior buff.

6. June 4, 2017  
    Windfury Totem and Flametongue Totem do absolutely nothing for you as a Shaman. They do not overwrite your current weapon enhancements and they are worse than your self-cast weapon enhancements. You would've noticed that if you paid any attention to the character you're playing. The reason you want these 2 totems is to buff OTHER people, not yourself.