1. My fishbot report is up for a week.
    Before burning crap release it took 2 days max to get an answer.

Seems like this realm starts to be abandoned not only by players but game masters as well.
    so now, finnaly, u will understand how we, playerbase of Deathwing/Ragnaros realms (pre-merge Icecrown), felt, when lordareon was released and we had zero attention from staff for half a year
    though we got new core for our w8ing (still not perfect obv), imagine how cata/mop players feel - they are abandoned since lordaeron release.
    Edited: June 15, 2017

2. Lordaeron is not dying in any way. I am not sure about numbers, and yes some players are leaving. I see more and more often "Server restart in 15 for hotfix" than ever before. If nothing else the new servers just doubled overall Warmane population throughout all expansions. As such people will migrate up and down eventually. Having that said (this is prediction - yes, but nobody can really opose it as everything here is just opinion and prediction based on the lack of actual facts from and legitness behind most of the said so far).

I personally spoke with 3 people on lordaeron that said they are returning on lordaeron simply because they had ICC 25 heroic on farm for too long.
    I can only imagine that is just the beginning.

I felt discusted when I saw in global on IceCrown "LFM ICC 25 Heroic - aim 12/12" I can only imagine ICC 25 Heroic is like ToC 25 for us with 5.6 gs. Why I felt discusted ? 0 challenge. There is no other feeling like when your guild clears festergut for first time. Why ? Because this is just 1 huge achievement for more casual guilds on the server . Why ? because you have quite a long journey to BiS, quite long one. Eventually everyone gets bored from farmville on such an old content and actually decide on going for an actual challenge. Every "Big" boss here is huge achievement on any difficulty, since you actually have no access to heroic gear (except lootship) and you are already on heroic + difficulty on normal mode, which actually puts a real challenge to everyone. That is what ICC felt like when it was released, the feeling of reward is the same. That is one job well done by Warmane. And the population during the summer 5 k ? Imean it was 6 k just few months back and even TBC got released and we have only 1 k less ? No offense but this server is just getting better and better ;) And not sure how those numbers actually reflect on the actual player-base, but I feel like there are more 80s than before.

EVERYTHING gets boring eventually. There is no doubt about that. But Lordaeron is hard enough that it will take you such a long time to get bored, that the income of players will always surpass the loss of such.

When you think about it -

Who is leaving ?

Already TBC content fans that were raiding low content raids (no loss there when you think about it as you actually never raid with them icc)
    Casual players with low gear that need easier raids - Again no loss there as you cant use those players in your pugs

Who so fact came as a FACT in my experience

Few people from IceCrown that I personally noticed after I /w them on a question in global about a quest in two of the times and once if the dungeon finder is working.

Who also potentially can be a part of this income ?
    TBC players. But Why ? Because you will eventually clear the ez pz content there (it will eventually seem easy, I know right now it is hard due to lack of gear) and will want to progress beyond that, will get the nostalgia from what is after - the Lich King ( I mean cmon, Warcraft 3 lol ) And then they will migrate up.
    Again a fact, since there was few days back a guy trading TBC characters for Lordaeron Characters.

If nothing else, when you think about what happened with IceCrown, it should not be any wonder that this might aswell be a part of the logic 3000 + 3000 = 12000 + 6 k queue ;)

Instead of being professional scientists in the art of servers, marketing, adevrtising and ect. Leave it to the professionals ? As there are right now people running professionally a private servers with 35-40 k population ? 40 000 in digits for those who feel like 35-40 k does not describe it. That is huge population base, and like the Auction House in Lordaeron, the servers are also inconsistent in population :)

In conclusion. A lot of Professional Server GMs in the forums giving advise to the actual GMs who are the reason you have a server to play on for such a long time. Obviously your experience is much better than our actual GMs, so please go on and further prove your subjective point of views based on your needs, with complete lack of point and facts.

P.S The " ez pz" comment for the content of TBC, to avoid triggering fanboys(and since I personally felt like TBC was harder overall than WOTLK, was not because the content in general is easy, not at all. It is because of the custom features we have here that I actually made elipsic comparison with Lordaeron that actually on normal mode you get above heroic difficutly, with limited gear.
    Edited: June 17, 2017

3. Hey guys!

I want to add my two cents here. I feel in the past couple of months that Lordaeron is beginning to really die out and as an upcoming raider it's a bit discouraging to stay and continue gearing up.

I started on the server back when WotLK wasn't released yet but didn't make it very far. I leveled a Warlock, started a Hunter and a Shaman. None of these guys made it to max level before I quit because I just didn't feel like going through the effort of regearing/grinding, etc again as I played on a private vanilla server for some good time. I came back around the Ulduar release and got my Warlock and Hunter to 80 but didn't do much after that. I quit and came back yet again a couple months ago and started to gear my Hunter as my main and am currently sitting just shy of 5.4k GS.

I want to first discuss raid difficulty as it all stems off from here. I understand the player base wanted a progressive/'hardcore' realm and I have enjoyed seeing how it was handled thus far even though I didn't raid until ICC was released. Despite bosses initially being overtuned, I liked the idea and still do to an extent. As I read through this thread and noticed the discussion about a reset of the realm it actually made me think of the buffed raids and consequentially the longevity of the realm from a PvE standpoint. As it stands, LK25H has not yet been downed and the discussion of this content being on widespread farm is the subject of contention. Realistically, with how much raids are buffed, will this ever be attained other than a small group/guild of extremely devoted players on each side? Because it essentially needs every single piece of BiS gear besides LK25H, how many guilds/players are willing to spend the time to do this or even have the patience to do so? Yes, Icecrown may be awful because of the cash shop, and I don't necessarily think this is a good substitute, but at least its populated and getting groups together for this content is probable. What happens if the top guilds on each side get burnt out of slamming their head nonstop against their desk trying to down the ridiculously overtuned LK25H that they just quit after the deed is finally done? How many different groups of players are expected to go through the same ridiculously grueling process? It appears a lot of players from raiding guilds are leaving and/or changing their focus to the new BC realms. The realm may be in the net green when it comes to player population, but it seems to be bleeding players from raiding guilds, adding further stress on the players that are still here to continue further/upcoming. Since these raids cannot be pugged reliably due to the difficulty, it further complicates the issue because they are being forced into trying a spot in other guilds which are undoubtedly overpopulated. If this content is extremely unlikely to be on farm for a majority of the realm, then how much raids are buffed should be questioned because it seems to only be appealing to an extremely limited number of extraordinarily devoted players, which, let's face it, is not everybody. People come to this realm because it's as close to retail as possible, albeit with what I have discussed with players leaving the realm, unnecessarily overtuned raids.

The next is the obvious QOL features that are disabled/unnecessarily still in the game. RDF, buffed old content, heirlooms, etc. I for the life of me do not understand why any of these are still as they are. I don't see the harm of enabling RDF/herilooms. If this allows player an easier, genuinely more authentic experience getting to 80 and getting more players geared faster for starting ICC, what is the issue? Why does this feel like a dick-wagging kind of excuse where it's 'well I had to do it without these features so you should too'. I understand the appeal when we weren't at the final raid of the expansion, but come on. Is this going to be a deterrent to players already at the level cap and already raiding to have more people available to recruit or a larger, appropriately geared players to PUG or is this a "feature" that leaves a sour taste in the mouth of newer players trying to get into the realm? Same with heirlooms: if its only a marginal QOL, why not enable them? If it allows more players to level more alts slightly easier/faster, what is the issue here? Catch-up mechanics are already in the game for getting into ICC, why can't newer players and players trying to level alts have a slightly easier 'catch-up mechanic'? If the hardcore fundamentalists wanted a "real" hardcore experience, then TOC/ICC5 mans should be disabled until you have the achievement for the previous raid tier or whatever because that would actually be consistent. Of course this is a ridiculous notion as it would cripple any chance of having any player base at level 80, but it would at the very least make sense for keeping old/dated content buffed.

Why IS Ulduar, TOC10/25, etc still tuned to the point where they are? Nobody seeks to get a tryhard 25 raid together for old content. The current content is ICC/RS (Coming Soon™). I would like to go through Ulduar to experience it as I never had the chance on retail and I want some transmog pieces, but it seems impossible for this to even happen.

I think at some point people need to get over their fetish of a super xXxHCxXx realm and start thinking more pragmatically of the long-term longevity of the realm if we want people to come here, enjoy it, and stay. This isn't a fresh realm anymore where these initial desires were relevant and actually made some sense.

4. Current state of Lordaeron there are 2 guilds that should kill LK HC soon and maybe 1 more guild that could achieve that in the future months. However , that's just 3 guilds in the entire realm. Rest of the guilds either disbanded due to too overtuned content or struggle even killing stuff in normal. IF stuff stays the same , there will be max 3 guilds that have killed LK HC by the end of the summer and probably quit since people are leaving and population dropping down while other more casual players will be stuck on Professor Putricide NM and eventually leave as well when they get fed up with the difficulty.

5. Lorda got a huge rush of players at the start because of: World PvP while leveling, Fresh server all "equal", big initial population draws even more people in etc, "progression" etc.

Then you get people stopping and losing interest: all the factors i mention for the starting rush disappear (and people realise progression pve is just the same old boring easy repetitive pve, and the tuning doesn't really make it any harder, just makes it requires more gear and a little more competence in coordination and raid composition.)

Furthermore In the case of lordaeron, it was clear by 70 cap that it was a custom server, custom forcing you into pve by removing pvp vendors without any similar limitations on pve gear, this also took a chunk of population out of the server.

The population will keep falling. Maybe pve will be made regular easy mode instead of hard easy mode, maybe rdf will be added, but none of this will help significantly. At some point it will be decide (again) that the pet project server has served its purpose, then lordaeron will be merged with the high rate server(s). This may be a couple of years away, maybe more, but this is ultimately the future of lordaeron.

After the merger they might re-make the 1x server for progression again.
    Edited: June 17, 2017

6. If they give us rdf I can happily play here.

7. Lorda got a huge rush of players at the start because of: World PvP while leveling, Fresh server all "equal", big initial population draws even more people in etc, "progression" etc.

Then you get people stopping and losing interest: all the factors i mention for the starting rush disappear (and people realise progression pve is just the same old boring easy repetitive pve, and the tuning doesn't really make it any harder, just makes it requires more gear and a little more competence in coordination and raid composition.)

Furthermore In the case of lordaeron, it was clear by 70 cap that it was a custom server, custom forcing you into pve by removing pvp vendors without any similar limitations on pve gear, this also took a chunk of population out of the server.

The population will keep falling. Maybe pve will be made regular easy mode instead of hard easy mode, maybe rdf will be added, but none of this will help significantly. At some point it will be decide (again) that the pet project server has served its purpose, then lordaeron will be merged with the high rate server(s). This may be a couple of years away, maybe more, but this is ultimately the future of lordaeron.

After the merger they might re-make the 1x server for progression again.
    Or they might do like with the old lordaeron - make new Cata realm and transfer chars there, maybe they find a core with similar quality as this wotlk one by that time, who knows.

8. Current state of Lordaeron there are 2 guilds that should kill LK HC soon and maybe 1 more guild that could achieve that in the future months. However , that's just 3 guilds in the entire realm. Rest of the guilds either disbanded due to too overtuned content or struggle even killing stuff in normal. IF stuff stays the same , there will be max 3 guilds that have killed LK HC by the end of the summer and probably quit since people are leaving and population dropping down while other more casual players will be stuck on Professor Putricide NM and eventually leave as well when they get fed up with the difficulty.
    lk hc is unkillable atm and will be forever if no nerf or % dmg/heal/hp buff doesnt come

9. lk hc is unkillable atm and will be forever if no nerf or % dmg/heal/hp buff doesnt come
    Yeah probably true , you either have to bring more heals in order to keep tanks alive since it almost 2 shots atm with def cds on which will lead to enrage even if you survive somehow or you just go with standard setup and tanks die.

10. Current state of Lordaeron there are 2 guilds that should kill LK HC soon and maybe 1 more guild that could achieve that in the future months. However , that's just 3 guilds in the entire realm. Rest of the guilds either disbanded due to too overtuned content or struggle even killing stuff in normal. IF stuff stays the same , there will be max 3 guilds that have killed LK HC by the end of the summer and probably quit since people are leaving and population dropping down while other more casual players will be stuck on Professor Putricide NM and eventually leave as well when they get fed up with the difficulty.
    I dont think the realm had more than 2-3 serious guilds since day 1, so its fair to say in that aspect nothing changed, and its not like the whole server is supposed to have lod on farm.

If they give us rdf I can happily play here.
    You are lying to yourself and others.

11. I believe enabling RDF and heirlooms will attract players. But my main dream concerning Lordaeron is to introduce a new attunement system;

I don't know if this is possible but assigning new requirements -makeshift attunements- for every raid would be pretty nice. For example; you must clear naxx 5 times to be eligible for Ulduar, 5 clears ulduar to be able to enter ToC, 5 clears of ToC to be able to enter ICC. I don't remember the exact order but this way every player will fully experience wotlk content. No one will be able to skip everything to do FoS, PoS at 3k gs.

And overall raid difficulty must be tuned down too. Easier than current levels but harder than Blizz.

This would be a dream server for me but i know it's almost impossible because it needs a clean start. Server reset is not happening anytime soon :/

12. I believe enabling RDF and heirlooms will attract players. But my main dream concerning Lordaeron is to introduce a new attunement system;

I don't know if this is possible but assigning new requirements -makeshift attunements- for every raid would be pretty nice. For example; you must clear naxx 5 times to be eligible for Ulduar, 5 clears ulduar to be able to enter ToC, 5 clears of ToC to be able to enter ICC. I don't remember the exact order but this way every player will fully experience wotlk content. No one will be able to skip everything to do FoS, PoS at 3k gs.

And overall raid difficulty must be tuned down too. Easier than current levels but harder than Blizz.

This would be a dream server for me but i know it's almost impossible because it needs a clean start. Server reset is not happening anytime soon :/
    I personally would hate that. Why ? Because we are at ICC and I want to be able to get ready for ICC with new toon if I buy one via Warmane trade system or level one ASAP, not slave to you being forced to raid NAX and ULD, so you have people to raid it with. Again, this is just another way to express how a bunch of people want to play a certain patch and give ideas how to force the rest into it, not cool. Not to mention that if you are pugging it is hard enough to get TOC 25 or ICC 25 on alliance side going (sometimes it takes you 30-45 minutes if you are lucky to get a group). It is pretty selfish forcing people into Attuning into the already overplayed patches on this server,because you really really like them, don't you think ?

13. I personally would hate that. Why ? Because we are at ICC and I want to be able to get ready for ICC with new toon if I buy one via Warmane trade system or level one ASAP, not slave to you being forced to raid NAX and ULD, so you have people to raid it with. Again, this is just another way to express how a bunch of people want to play a certain patch and give ideas how to force the rest into it, not cool. Not to mention that if you are pugging it is hard enough to get TOC 25 or ICC 25 on alliance side going (sometimes it takes you 30-45 minutes if you are lucky to get a group). It is pretty selfish forcing people into Attuning into the already overplayed patches on this server,because you really really like them, don't you think ?
    Not at all. What i wrote was for a fresh start and stated it was impossible beforehand. Because IF they implement that system, everybody will know what they are going to find and obviously won't be forced into. And if you are pugging in a "hardcore" realm, naturally you should expect some difficulties right? Plus, i never said that i like those raids, i really hate Naxx. The reason i said that is content skipping. I know people that killed LK many times but never been to Naxx even once.

Again, it was for attraction of new players into realm via enabled RDF/heirlooms, Slightly harder content and new attunement system. Which requires a reset or a new realm. I'm pretty sure it'll double Lords current population. No one wants to play a content that they have no chance clearing it.

14. 2-3 serious guilds? :D :D :D
    read this thread please: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=316422

Kel'thuzad: [H]Clarity (28.12.2015), [A]BIZZNO, [A]Paradox, [H]MEMORIES, [H]Infinity, [H]Competitive, [A]Murmur, [A]Aranei, [A]Perkele, [A]Agony, [H]Collusion, [H]Faithless, [A]Hiraeth, [H]Fused, [H]Zeal, [H]Darksun, [H]Immortal Outlaws, [A]Tranquil, [A]Alternative, [H]insight

Sartharion, 3 drakes: [H]Clarity (04.02.2016), [A]Paradox, [A]BIZZNO, [A]Agony, [H]MEMORIES, [A]Hiraeth, [H]Infinity, [H]Infinity, [H]Collusion, [A]Aranei, [H]The Company, [A]Alternative

How many guilds are killing PPC 25 hc curently? http://armory.warmane.com/pveladder/...a%5B%5D=heroic
    Yea, it is 2 (Titan disbanded)

How many guilds are killing BQ hc? http://armory.warmane.com/pveladder/...a%5B%5D=heroic
    Yes, it is 3 (Solaris disbanded as well)

How many guilds are killing SIndra hc? http://armory.warmane.com/pveladder/...a%5B%5D=heroic
    Yes, exactly 2 guilds.

Not to speak about LK 25 heroic, as Korvan said already, it is not killable at current state, at any point even with bis gear, unless it is debuffed or % aura is added.

15. and arent those guilds playing under different names ? not counting solaris ofc
    Edited: June 19, 2017

First ... 23456 Last