1. May 26, 2017  
    the leaked information is correct, as Mercy already confirmed,
    * Enters the Forum thread
    * Reads this.
    * Hearthstones away to safety

2. May 26, 2017  
    Does anyone know WHEN the x1 will be released exactly?

3. May 26, 2017  
    * Enters the Forum thread
    * Reads this.
    * Hearthstones away to safety
    You aren't a Warmane employee nor an official news outlet for Warmane, but someone who released information before an official announcement about it. You hearing it from someone in the Staff and even being told you could talk about it at most makes it a "sanctioned leak" in my eyes, hence how I address it.

4. May 26, 2017  
    why x1 rate ,why do you think outland has 13 k online players
    it's a pain to farm and start all over again, most people here have already played the game before the only thing keeping us playing bc is to reach higher lvl of PVP or PVE , why not just make a second server that is just the same as outland ?

5. May 26, 2017  
    why x1 rate ,why do you think outland has 13 k online players
    it's a pain to farm and start all over again, most people here have already played the game before the only thing keeping us playing bc is to reach higher lvl of PVP or PVE , why not just make a second server that is just the same as outland ?
    Because there's not enough population to justify a clone that wouldn't fill 26000 people + queue.

6. May 26, 2017  
    1x Server makes sense, but I don't understand if it's gonna be some weird tweaked server like Lordaeron where you mess with the content. Alright Naxx in WOTLK retail was a bit weak, but turning the bosses into giant health pools to bash a way at for a bit longer didn't do much for the game, and the rest of WOTLK retail was really well balanced to begin with and needs no messing with.

If they go into this 1x TBC server and mess about with it instead of giving a blizzlike experience it's going to be a massive shame. 5x levelling for me is the best anyway because I don't have months to spend levelling nor a 16hour day regular playing schedule, I just wish I could level in a week and then do blizzlike endgame content without cash shop being a thing, but it seems that won't exist. Outland is the best compromise at least.

7. May 26, 2017  
    I heard 1x news 2 days ago from a topic and source is not from here.

8. May 26, 2017  
    dodji shaorma best wow player yes yes learn keybinds hehe xd

9. May 26, 2017  
    No, I don't think there are any changes planned to Outland, especially the two you mention.
    **Hangs his head** Oh well.......sigh

10. May 26, 2017  
    i see many mods replying here so i would also like to second the idea of not going 1x from level 1.

ideally i think starting at 58 with 1x to 70 would be great, if it was 1x in the beginning that is fine but many of us levelled lots of times and its the end game we like, from rep farming, to heroics, to kara and onward, i think 1x from level 1 a week after most of us just levelled to 70 on outland server, and have been farming there for rep, flying, kara attune will put a lot of people off starting over and could impact the players who would otherwise choose to roll there.

maybe have an npc that allows you to go right to 58 with some basic gear to start outland for those of us who wish to do that, and allow those who want to go from level 1 to start as normal

do you think this is a good or bad idea? players and staff welcome to answer.

Quick edit - while i know there was talk of a second server being a possibility, I, as well as many others are new to warmane as a whole so i had no idea this would come with less cash shop and harder pve content, all i heard was there was possibly a 1x server coming. so while as players we all chose to level to 70 on outland and nobody forced us, i think if all of the info was available sooner we would have waited or chosen differently, please bear in mind that many people now who would have liked a server with buffed content etc may not reroll due to having just got to max on outland and i think 1x from 1 at this point wont do the new server any favours.
    Edited: May 26, 2017

11. May 26, 2017  
    1x Server makes sense, but I don't understand if it's gonna be some weird tweaked server like Lordaeron where you mess with the content. Alright Naxx in WOTLK retail was a bit weak, but turning the bosses into giant health pools to bash a way at for a bit longer didn't do much for the game, and the rest of WOTLK retail was really well balanced to begin with and needs no messing with.
    Tuning is always a difficult question, more so in TBC where the most original values are extremely poorly documented. For example, to my knowledge there isn't any combat logs or videos detailing a full run of heroic Arcatratz prior to 2.1 but patch notes mention many of the mobs being nerfed. A similar logic applies to a number of raid bosses and all trash too: Morogrim Tidewalker's original version wasn't ever killed and Al'ar was beaten only through exploit-y tactics such as soulstoning the entire raid, and it can be inferred a lot of other content was nerfed before it was beaten or before any surviving records were made (for example, 2.1 patch notes mention a blanket nerf to TK trash and it can be presumed there was a s similar undocumented change for SSC).

Many players today have played WoW for more hours than it had been around at the start of TBC, players today have perfect foreknowledge about optimal raid compositions and boss tactics (while retail guilds came in from vanilla with all the DPS warriors and rogues that are almost dead weight), theorycrafting is way more advanced, classes were buffed on average from 2.0.3 to 2.4.3 (although the difference isn't enormous) and it's not unheard of for private server guilds to be run in much more hardcore manner than even the world first guilds back in the day (tighter schedules and ways in which the guild is run, like loot council that can completely forget about distributing carrots and can instead just distribute loot based on what is mathematically optimal).

TBC isn't like vanilla where raids are cleared within a few hours of first players stepping inside but any state of content that was cleared by more than a handful of people in retail would in fact be easy today for modern guilds holding all of the advantages. You can go for a step further for unkilled or exploited versions and present them with bugs fixed for tuning that would be challenging even today, but good luck figuring out the numbers. In the end, you kinda have to guess.

And increasing numbers isn't often enough, because TBC experienced quite a lot of mechanics-related nerfs like heroic Arcatratz having a pull with two Sentinels (on top of the lightning charge damage being reduced in 2.1), Nightbane air phase being revamped, Old Hillsbrad heroic having patrols that summon reinforcements that can't be CCd and hitting extremely hard while Durnholde Riflemen's Scatter Shot causes tank to drop aggro (interaction with CC and aggro was changed in one of the patches too), Magtheridon cube cooldown being dramatically nerfed etc. In order to deliver an appropriate pre-nerf experience, all of those changes also need to be reversed.

12. May 26, 2017  
    i see many mods replying here so i would also like to second the idea of not going 1x from level 1.

ideally i think starting at 58 with 1x to 70 would be great, if it was 1x in the beginning that is fine but many of us levelled lots of times and its the end game we like, from rep farming, to heroics, to kara and onward, i think 1x from level 1 a week after most of us just levelled to 70 on outland server, and have been farming there for rep, flying, kara attune will put a lot of people off starting over and could impact the players who would otherwise choose to roll there.

maybe have an npc that allows you to go right to 58 with some basic gear to start outland for those of us who wish to do that, and allow those who want to go from level 1 to start as normal

do you think this is a good or bad idea? players and staff welcome to answer.

Quick edit - while i know there was talk of a second server being a possibility, I, as well as many others are new to warmane as a whole so i had no idea this would come with less cash shop and harder pve content, all i heard was there was possibly a 1x server coming. so while as players we all chose to level to 70 on outland and nobody forced us, i think if all of the info was available sooner we would have waited or chosen differently, please bear in mind that many people now who would have liked a server with buffed content etc may not reroll due to having just got to max on outland and i think 1x from 1 at this point wont do the new server any favours.
    New server, new characters, new leveling.

13. May 26, 2017  
    Can we by chance get any insight into whether there is any consideration going into alleviating faction imbalance? This is a main concern for many of us looking to join Warmane tomorrow. Trying to finalize plans with my guild quickly.

14. May 26, 2017  
    please for a second stop and think about where your community is coming from, while this last week may be warmanes first try at TBC servers, the people playing here have played level up simulator many times in the last 18 months, first there was <I should read the rules before I get banned>

we come to private servers to experience the end game, and while in vanilla it makes sense to have to level from 1 like in retail, in tbc starting from 1 unless you are blood elf or draenei is just a chore and adds nothing to th experience, in fact it does the opposite when you consider how many times the private server community has had to level to max just to watch that server no succeed then have to do it all over.

so i hope you look at the community as a whole and where they are coming here from and what thier goals here are.

15. May 26, 2017  
    so i hope you look at the community as a whole and where they are coming here from and what thier goals here are.
    We are looking at the community as a whole - the whole who will want a fresh start on a brand new server, not the subsection that wants to skip a huge part of it.

First 1234 Last