1. May 27, 2017  
    Explicitly choosing x1 instead of x5 does not strictly imply skill, and nobody said so -- leveling has never actually been difficult in WoW anyway -- but it does imply a level of dedication and patience, I think. Do you mean to say that in your experience that is also false? (I mean on average, individual counterexamples obviously exist.) That would surprise me, but I would accept your word for it.
    To address this point in the discussion. Post not directed at you, but at the discussion in general.

I'm in my 30s, most people who played during TBC are probably in their late 20s, 30s or 40s... Playing a 1x server is great if you have the time to play WoW nonstop for a month just to level up... Levelling up is the least appealing part of playing a TBC realm, I'm here for re-living my TBC memories in terms of dungeons, raiding and to a lesser extent PVP...

For someone who can't just play nonstop a 1x is a complete killer, and most people cannot play non stop. It takes a long long ****ing time to level up and it has nothing to do with patience, it has everything to do with the reality of life and time management. People say more patient people play on 1x? Well I say it's people with more spare time..

Students, teenagers, young adults... These are the guys who on average are more likely to have the time to play a 1x server... Not older mature players, who are on average more likely to not have them. If you enjoy levelling then sure play a 1x server, but it makes no bloody sense if what you want is endgame.

2. May 27, 2017  
    To address this point in the discussion. Post not directed at you, but at the discussion in general.

I'm in my 30s, most people who played during TBC are probably in their late 20s, 30s or 40s... Playing a 1x server is great if you have the time to play WoW nonstop for a month just to level up... Levelling up is the least appealing part of playing a TBC realm, I'm here for re-living my TBC memories in terms of dungeons, raiding and to a lesser extent PVP...

For someone who can't just play nonstop a 1x is a complete killer, and most people cannot play non stop. It takes a long long ****ing time to level up and it has nothing to do with patience, it has everything to do with the reality of life and time management. People say more patient people play on 1x? Well I say it's people with more spare time..

Students, teenagers, young adults... These are the guys who on average are more likely to have the time to play a 1x server... Not older mature players, who are on average more likely to not have them. If you enjoy levelling then sure play a 1x server, but it makes no bloody sense if what you want is endgame.
    I understand your point, though I think serious raiding requires an even bigger commitment than simply leveling up and then being done with it.

3. May 27, 2017  
    I understand your point, though I think serious raiding requires an even bigger commitment than simply leveling up and then being done with it.
    Man during WOD I was in a 2 day raiding guild, rank 2 in the world for 2 days progression, time well spent on focused raiding. On Legion launch I played in a guild in the top 100 progression, and yes the time commitment was much higher in Legion, but still only 3 raiding days.. Legion required more grinding and time commitment to raid than TBC by a long way, it's not even comparable.

The difference is what you spend your time on. a 1x realm requires you to set aside a massive amount of time doing what is essentially meaningless grind, it has no impact or provides no benefit to the preparation or process of your goals of raiding or otherwise, it's simply a prerequisite to start, so from my point of view the less time I waste on levelling up the better.

TBC doesn't actually require a hardcore level of playing to be able to maintain solid raid progression, I raided 3 nights during retail TBC for 3 hours per and the only bosses I did not kill pre 3.0 were Muru and Kil'jaeden. Once your char is capped 70 and setup in TBC the actual commitment required is quite low, unless you're going for server firsts, which is such a minority group to begin with.

4. May 27, 2017  
    Can someone tell me what mean " hardcore raiding " ?

5. May 27, 2017  
    Can someone tell me what mean " hardcore raiding " ?
    Large time commitments for the sake of killing bosses before others. Maintaining raid quality alts, being able to switch professions (leatherworking in sunwell for drums), farming the extra consumables required to support longer raiding hours. It simply means you're putting in a lot of time and energy to raiding and raid preparation.

6. May 27, 2017  
    So simply there is no difrence between normal or hc raid bosses at spells dumpening on dmg etc ? or am i wrong ?

7. May 27, 2017  
    So simply there is no difrence between normal or hc raid bosses at spells dumpening on dmg etc ? or am i wrong ?
    I think there's some confusion here. Did you refer to the part in the announcement "Challenging hardcore raid content"? That means, as it has been said that the dungeons and raids will have pre-nerf mechanics and numbers -- so yes, harder than it was at the end of TBC.

8. May 27, 2017  
    Man during WOD I was in a 2 day raiding guild, rank 2 in the world for 2 days progression, time well spent on focused raiding. On Legion launch I played in a guild in the top 100 progression, and yes the time commitment was much higher in Legion, but still only 3 raiding days.. Legion required more grinding and time commitment to raid than TBC by a long way, it's not even comparable.

The difference is what you spend your time on. a 1x realm requires you to set aside a massive amount of time doing what is essentially meaningless grind, it has no impact or provides no benefit to the preparation or process of your goals of raiding or otherwise, it's simply a prerequisite to start, so from my point of view the less time I waste on levelling up the better.

TBC doesn't actually require a hardcore level of playing to be able to maintain solid raid progression, I raided 3 nights during retail TBC for 3 hours per and the only bosses I did not kill pre 3.0 were Muru and Kil'jaeden. Once your char is capped 70 and setup in TBC the actual commitment required is quite low, unless you're going for server firsts, which is such a minority group to begin with.
    World 2nd place? That's nice, congrats. :) I can't claim the same, only ever raided seriously on a private server, though I did spend a lot more time doing endgame stuff than leveling, which was more or less relaxed. Farming multiple raids and dungeons to hit caps, obtain pieces of gear still missing, gear up alts etc. sure takes long.

9. May 27, 2017  
    World 2nd place? That's nice, congrats. :) I can't claim the same, only ever raided seriously on a private server, though I did spend a lot more time doing endgame stuff than leveling, which was more or less relaxed. Farming multiple raids and dungeons to hit caps, obtain pieces of gear still missing, gear up alts etc. sure takes long.
    Let me clarify here, 2nd out of the guilds running a 2 day progression schedule. That's actually around rank 230 worldwide, we had a number of players who moved into the top 10 and top 20 progression race for Legion, I was not one of them. As my posts have indicated I kinda enjoy a less hardcore time commitment, but using that time well.

I think a 1x server is a good idea, I just want to dispell the idea that 1x server is for

1. More patient players
    2. More skilled players.

It's just about priorities and time, if you're older you have less time to put into the game and if you have to level up for a month just to get to what you want to be doing (raiding) it's really not a good use of your time. We aren't getting any younger, if you enjoy the levelling process then more power to you, but there is a good reason increased XP rates are attractive to me and others.

But yeah to clarify, I was never rank 2 i the world overall and I'm not that good, rank 2 just within our progression schedule race (2days or 6-8hours per week).

10. May 27, 2017  
    Let me clarify here, 2nd out of the guilds running a 2 day progression schedule. That's actually around rank 230 worldwide, we had a number of players who moved into the top 10 and top 20 progression race for Legion, I was not one of them. As my posts have indicated I kinda enjoy a less hardcore time commitment, but using that time well.

I think a 1x server is a good idea, I just want to dispell the idea that 1x server is for

1. More patient players
    2. More skilled players.

It's just about priorities and time, if you're older you have less time to put into the game and if you have to level up for a month just to get to what you want to be doing (raiding) it's really not a good use of your time. We aren't getting any younger, if you enjoy the levelling process then more power to you, but there is a good reason increased XP rates are attractive to me and others.

But yeah to clarify, I was never rank 2 i the world overall and I'm not that good, rank 2 just within our progression schedule race (2days or 6-8hours per week).
    Oh yeah I misread that part, what you said about your schedule did sound a bit weird together with the claim of absolute 2nd position, but I said well, whatever -- it all makes sense now. :) I am similarly not advocating against higher rates, 2 servers is the best way to go about it, I think. I find that I sort of agree with what you say too, not like I have as much time now as I used to, though summer should be better.

11. May 27, 2017  
    1x yeah no matter how bad OUtland Server que turns out, i will NEVER sit and level in so slow experiance, some of us have done this so many times now its just simply not worth the time invested just to see unfair faction balance or low server pop. Then other places exist instead with 2x or 3x and pre-nerf content.
    Its kinda of a bummer, otherwise i would have said GJ and thank you.

12. May 27, 2017  
    totally agree, just wish wish the cap was higher cause I can never get logged in during the day, always have to wait 3+ hours in que

13. May 27, 2017  
    Warmane you should raise up tge xp rates equal to outland server if you wanna players to move to medivh server...if u do that the que will drop and there will be balance between players

14. May 27, 2017  
    Warmane i suggest you to set xp rates on medivh server same as outland server if u do so many players will move to medivh and there eill b a balance furtger more if u raise the pop cap on tbc server (which is a small part then entire wow) it will be hard to progress with leveling due to the amount of players among us. Just set the xp rate on medivh server same as outland!

15. May 27, 2017  
    Why x1? Just need a second x5. Maybe x3 or x7.

First ... 101819202122 ... Last