1. May 27, 2017  
    I went to Medivh from Outland.

Why? Cause screw waiting with a crap ton of people in Queue lol.

Though I stopped playing so now going to wait a few days for the low lvl zones to clear out.

2. May 27, 2017  
    I'd agree with Fmaxter. I felt like I was being lazy sticking in the starter zone and doing all the quests for rep to lessen my mount costs. At least on 1x I can complete it without vastly over leveling it. And currently I can't raid much due to working third shift and those hours not working well for most hardcore guilds. Therefore, I'll take my time and maybe I'll get a new rl job that'll allow me to raid at better hours while on Medivh.

3. May 27, 2017  
    Same as most dont like the feeling of skipping so many quests because i outlevel them and hate being behind in gear.

Just hope that factions will be balanced

4. May 27, 2017  
    Anyone who has been a warmane member for awhile knows 1x medivh is gonna be quite small in the long run, probably resting point will be inbetween cata and mop.

Doesn't have to be a bad thing but that's just how I see it panning out. Lordaeron was capping out well over 10k when it first hit the scene but that's now cut to like 1/3rd.. Medivh seems barely pushing 3k even initially...

5. May 27, 2017  
    Anyone who has been a warmane member for awhile knows 1x medivh is gonna be quite small in the long run, probably resting point will be inbetween cata and mop.

Doesn't have to be a bad thing but that's just how I see it panning out. Lordaeron was capping out well over 10k when it first hit the scene but that's now cut to like 1/3rd.. Medivh seems barely pushing 3k even initially...
    I don't think that will be the case with Medivh. Lordaeron and Outland was announced at least a month before release and built much hype but Medivh released 1 day after official announcement. It's likely that some people doesn't even know it's existence. Besides, Lord still has a healty base population, and i believe 3-5k players for Medivh is very healty as well.

For the thread, I switched from Outland too. As an alliance member, it was a living nightmare to level through questing in Hellfire Peninsula and even worse for Nagrand due to horde population. Just passing through the valley between HP and Zangarmarsh took me half an hour, died at least 10 times. I was already a premium member so queue wasn't a problem but skipping quests and dungeons while leveling, never getting proper gear for your level and walking till lvl60 are other factors for me.

6. May 27, 2017  
    I don't think that will be the case with Medivh. Lordaeron and Outland was announced at least a month before release and built much hype but Medivh released 1 day after official announcement. It's likely that some people doesn't even know it's existence. Besides, Lord still has a healty base population, and i believe 3-5k players for Medivh is very healty as well.

For the thread, I switched from Outland too. As an alliance member, it was a living nightmare to level through questing in Hellfire Peninsula and even worse for Nagrand due to horde population. Just passing through the valley between HP and Zangarmarsh took me half an hour, died at least 10 times. I was already a premium member so queue wasn't a problem but skipping quests and dungeons while leveling, never getting proper gear for your level and walking till lvl60 are other factors for me.
    You basically spelled it out for me. It's all hype. Hype fades and as it does so does the population. At the end of the day it's a 1x realm. Lord lives on with a healthy player base because it had a humongous start so even when most people quit what was left was plenty. Medivh has a relatively small start. It doesn't bode well. Just telling it like it is.

Medivh wont stay at 3k-5k anymore than lord was going to stay at, what was it, 12k capped at all times?

I've played mmo's my whole life, and whether it's a pivate server or official release it plays out much the same way every single time. You roll on the laggiest most overstuffed server that you can't get anything done in day 1, even if the queue is horrible, because when the dust and hype settles, that's going to be the comfiest realm to be on. Been that way with every priv server, and it was absolutely the case with Blade & Soul's Mushin server. Everyone that rolled on Jiwan or whatever to get away from the queue's regretted it in a few months. Those that suffered through the release reaped the benefits of being on the healthiest server.

I believe the Outland 5x server is going to be that healthy server in the long run this time around.
    Edited: May 27, 2017

7. May 27, 2017  
    The thing is, there was never enough time to build hype for Medivh to make a huge start. It's still too early to make a solid guess, of course it will never reach Outland/Icecrown population but i don't think it will fall under Cata/Mop either. And for my personal opinion, absence of cash shop balances the x1 rate.

8. May 27, 2017  

First, Icecrown was not a thing when Lord came up so there was no other option. Second no, people who stayed on Lord stayed because it was the kind of server they want, the vast majority left for Icecrown for their reasons, so no, the hype and huge start for Lord has nothing to do with how the realm developed. Medivh is not known yet, the population might increase, but there was no hype for it, so people who start there will probably remain there and not migrate to outland-since Outland came first, so people CHOSE the x1 more dificult server and not the way around how it was with Lord-Icecrown.

9. May 27, 2017  

First 12