1. May 27, 2017  
    I guess you just got him wrong. As far as I understand him, he means when the server progresses further. At start, all attunments will be there. By time they will erase the attunments - prolly with the release of ZA - still, I dont get the point of Mivuris either.... Dunno what hes trying to say, maybe to keept up attunments even later on.. but this will be unnessesary in my opinion
    I think the content was pretty good and challenging as it was in retail. I remember the heroics beeing quite demanding for instance. And that is how it should be. For instance Kael wasnt even defeated until BT came out. I get that ppl now know the best strats and all but just giving them bosses more hp and dmg is not the way to go.
    Why not just leave it...maybe....Blizzlike?

Im just thkning out of the box here!

2. May 27, 2017  
    I think the content was pretty good and challenging as it was in retail. I remember the heroics beeing quite demanding for instance. And that is how it should be. For instance Kael wasnt even defeated until BT came out. I get that ppl now know the best strats and all but just giving them bosses more hp and dmg is not the way to go.
    Why not just leave it...maybe....Blizzlike?

Im just thkning out of the box here!
    because even in its pre nerf state its not exactly hard by todays standards, back in the day people took whatever they had from vanilla into TBC, which meant a few resto shamans or paladins, tonnes of priests, mages, rogues and warriors, and considering you only want a handful of rogues and warriors people were running with very unoptimal compositions.

Today we know the best raid class comps, specs, tactics, professions and so on. We have so much min max and advantage on our side that any semi competant group can clear everything, so buffing mobs hp or damage a little vs our optimal comps actually presents a similar challenge to how hard it was back in the day.

source: i cleared everything in TBC including KJ most if not all, pre nerf and the closest i have seen is when a certain other tbc server bugged t4 with more hp and damage.

3. May 27, 2017  
    Cmon, Warmane Staff, give us details about how you are planning to do a "challenging hardcore content", especially when the server opens in 2 hours :( i'm new on Warmane but are they always that silent ?

4. May 27, 2017  
    1½ hour left and still no update? Please any kinda answer would be really appreciated on this matter.

5. May 27, 2017  

6. May 27, 2017  
    I guess you just got him wrong. As far as I understand him, he means when the server progresses further. At start, all attunments will be there. By time they will erase the attunments - prolly with the release of ZA - still, I dont get the point of Mivuris either.... Dunno what hes trying to say, maybe to keept up attunments even later on.. but this will be unnessesary in my opinion
    Yes that's my point
    I know if keeping the attunements later isn't considered blizzlike but imagine a new player joining in SWP release, he will just up his reputation do some Karazhan and Zul Aman buy the 128-132ilvl stuff from the badge vendor and go straight for BT and Hyjal and rush in SWP but a veteran had to do it in order T4>T5>T6>ZA( in this case the only advantage for someone in that stage may be 3rd timer ring BT rings are better but drop less)> then SWP, so ZA in it self is nerfing the content giving players acces to 128-132ilvl loot, for vetrean he had to complete his attuenemnts, getting in a raiding guild and wipe in every boss to get that stuff

(Sorry English isn't my main or second language)
    Edited: May 27, 2017

7. May 27, 2017  
    Any boss that people managed to kill in retail would be relatively easy for high-end private server guilds of today. Many players have more experience than the total number of hours WoW had been up at the beginning of TBC, we have perfect foreknowledge about optimal tactics and raid compositions, more advanced theorycrafting knowledge, 2.4.3 classes are on average slightly more powerful than 2.0.3 ones and some guilds might even be more hardcore than old world first guilds in terms of schedule or how the guild is run (such as being able to completely disregard offering raiders a carrot during progression and loot council making mathematically best decisions instead). High-end private server guilds hold every single advantage.

That being said, well-implemented pre-nerf TBC T4/T5 content wouldn't be a pushover as opposed to, say, how vanilla raids get cleared on private servers (within an hour or two after anyone sets their foot inside). But if there were guilds actually serious about the whole thing, you're not going to see guilds "spending weeks on bosses like Al'ar". There's still room to go a step further while remaining "Blizzlike" and implement unkilled (such as Morogrim) or exploited (allegedly Vashj) versions of encounters - there's a lot of inference (but little concrete evidence) to be made about some of the content having been substantially more difficult before any documented changes, but at that point you're largely guessing for values and even mechanics (Morogrim apparently had Waterwalking Elemental adds in addition to murlocs, but show me a video of how they work) because any pre-2.1 video footage or logs is rare, never mind anything of high quality.

With such a surprise announcement, I'd be quite impressed if the server had consistently implemented 2.0.3 mechanics (Mind control on Vashj, Al'ar with numerous changes like phoenixes dying not causing him to lose health, rape patrols on Old Hillsbrad, double Sentinel pull in Arcatratz, Tempest-Forge Peacekeepers in Botanica doing arcane melee damage...), never mind consistently plausible pre-2.1 values. I don't know if even Outland has "correct" values on anything (even though, in principle, the most nerfed 2.4.3 values would be accessible by recording them from retail if you figure out all the modifiers they've gone through since, starting with -30% everything from 3.0.3). Spell data can be gained from WDB and post-nerf health is datamined, but melee damage on mobs would take quite intensive research.
    This is a copy paste of the reply you made to me, which maybe explains why it didn't at all directly address what I was saying. But I think you overestimate how relevant what you're saying is. The knowledge of TBC has been long lost on the absolute majority, it was easier to access detailed information on TBC during the TBC expansion than it is now (at least from mid-late expansion) and most of the players playing now are not the guys who actually played during TBC, so most of the guys have a lot to learn.

More importantly, the vast majority of players are not the hardcore progression players and you're talking in a way as if only they are even relevant, they were a minority on the Blizzard servers where you had 10million people playing, when you narrow that down to a few thousand not only is your talent pool much smaller (therfor weaker) but the actual skilled and dedicated/motivated players of any kind are in short supply.

The fact of the matter is that this content is going to be no easier today than it was back then, perhaps you have the benefit of premade strategies and better organisation for progression is achievable, save for maybe a handful of guilds at the very most the TBC content even nerfed will provide a real challenge that will defeat many guilds, save for say the big nerfs like Magtheridon, most if not all of the nerfs were needed.

But then on retail most guilds were stuck in T4 until attunement was removed because Maggy was too hard, with attunement removed everyone avoided Magtheridon and went straight to T5. Pre-nerf most good guilds only killed him for attunement and never went back. Then he was nerfed and then you saw guilds killing him, nothing would change on Warmane regarding this, it would happen exactly the same way.
    Edited: May 27, 2017

8. May 27, 2017  
    The main thread is 30+ pages, you can't expect people to see everything in it. The clarity should be in the first post.

9. May 29, 2017  
    How would Medivh fail? Its the same exact setup like when Lordaeron was released. Also Warmane as a project will never be shutdown unless the owners decide to.

First 12