1. May 27, 2017  

So is Warlock in PVE just Shadow Bolt spam?

Hi,

I never played a warlock before and I wanna play it but I heard that in PVE all warlock does is spam Shadow Bolt and gets top dps. I know that in PvP warlocks are very fun to play and have an actual rotation and use many spells.

But I don't wanna raid and just use Shadow Bolt. Is SB spam linked to a specific pve build (demo?). Does warlock have only 1 PvE spec viable?

Also what's the best spec to level up as warlock. I heard its Affliction. Is it true?

Thanks

2. May 27, 2017  
    For leveling, affliction is the way to go. Void as a pet, dot up the target, wand to death. With practise you can grind mobs non stop.

As of endgame, affliction until proper spell damage bonus/spel hit cap is reached. Afterwards - destro. Youve got an option to go with either shadow (which plays well in synergy with shadow priests) or fire (plays well along with fire mages). While fire has a bit more diverse rotation, shadow is more benefiting the raid group (not "greedy"). Damage output wise - they come somewhat close. Maybe very late end game shadow wins.

3. May 27, 2017  
    "So is Warlock in PVE just Shadow Bolt spam?" - yes. If you don't want to do that, consider rerolling or not being top DPS due to sheer stubbornness.

Leveling - do whatever you want. All 3 specs are decent for leveling, with Affliction and Demonology being a bit better than Destruction. This is because Destruction is a standalone spec that is mana-hungry and has no sustain. Affliction, on the other hand, has very good sustain while Demonology relies on its demon for the most part, similarly to BM hunters.

4. June 3, 2017  
    For your first raid,, no you can't just shadow bolt spam. You'll want to be affliction. The lack of hit you will have will make this easier since most DOTs are instant casts and you can just keep casting it if it doesnt land.

5. June 5, 2017  
    a bit wrong about destro

I was leveling as destro and u cant compare any other spell with shadowburn at low leveling, also conflagrate later...
    I am just wondering if someone using hybrid with 15% fire dmg up...
    and incinerate over imolated target is way better than shadowbolting.