1. May 29, 2017  
    I dare to differ, there was announcements in game about Medivh all day, there were 15k online with queue, still the pop on medivh barely went above 4k on release. Now it's 1kish on dead times, barely 4k on peak times. The warmane staff was spot on releasing 5x first, the major of the players already leveled a lot of chars to this content and do not want to level x1 again. If you need proof you just need to look at the numbers in the realm, 15k with 1.5k-2.5k queue to 3k-4k peak times.

2. May 29, 2017  
    I can agree only in one thing: there was merely any announcement and 0 time to create hype. Also, the information that was provided at the forum announcement thread gave us vague information, i.e. "Challenging hardcore raid content" which was not specified but after many requests in a Proterean's post lost in between all the pages of posts saying that it meant "pre-nerf state".
    I understand that this realm would not have come alive if Outland hadn't been a success, but I don't think Medivh was announced correctly.

I would suggest, now, to add a chat broadcast every now and then about its existence.

3. May 29, 2017  
    We have to keep in mind that we are on Medhiv because we want a good raid & pvp experience.
    The thing important to understand is there is no link between a slow leveling x1 & run pre-nerf raid with no gear-shop.
    Warmane can increase the leveling rate to x2 or x3 to keep good economie level.
    Leveling don't impact end game if it's not too fast.

Many other server has x2 or x3 & there is still a good economy
    Edited: May 29, 2017

4. May 30, 2017  
    tell me, where is challenge in killing NPC's ururu
    where is the challenge in playing a video game where you can tell exactly what combo the other player will use to counter yours??? errrrrrrrrrrrrrr

5. May 30, 2017  
    We have to keep in mind that we are on Medhiv because we want a good raid & pvp experience.
    The thing important to understand is there is no link between a slow leveling x1 & run pre-nerf raid with no gear-shop.
    Warmane can increase the leveling rate to x2 or x3 to keep good economie level.
    Leveling don't impact end game if it's not too fast.

Many other server has x2 or x3 & there is still a good economy
    I'll be honest if that other hyped server has better scripting I'm gone. I saw enough issues with dungeons on Outland to be off putting. Warlord in Steamvaults training to one tank instead of going to others being a good example of an easily fixed issue. If that server doesn't script better I'll be back. I like the people that are on Medivh. It's more laid back than Outland. People sped to 70 over there. They're too used to the Legion leveling and the game being all about hitting max level and prepping gear. Yes, I want to fully raid BC content. I ended my BC raiding on pre-nerf Brutallus in live. However, I've seen every single encounter prior at least 20 times during BC and 100s of times since BC. I'd rather enjoy the game and go in with a like minded group of raiders. And from the looks of things that looks possible to be found on Medivh.

6. May 30, 2017  
    I'll be honest if that other hyped server has better scripting I'm gone. I saw enough issues with dungeons on Outland to be off putting. Warlord in Steamvaults training to one tank instead of going to others being a good example of an easily fixed issue. If that server doesn't script better I'll be back. I like the people that are on Medivh. It's more laid back than Outland. People sped to 70 over there. They're too used to the Legion leveling and the game being all about hitting max level and prepping gear. Yes, I want to fully raid BC content. I ended my BC raiding on pre-nerf Brutallus in live. However, I've seen every single encounter prior at least 20 times during BC and 100s of times since BC. I'd rather enjoy the game and go in with a like minded group of raiders. And from the looks of things that looks possible to be found on Medivh.
    Medivh is the best place to find it imo. You have all these new people leveling characters with the same attitude - wanting the raid progression from scratch. Starting in Kara, moving to ZA, etc etc.

My only problem is how damn SLOW it's taking to level man. It's kind of off putting honestly. I agree leveling should be a big part of it, but I only play an hour or two a day, so it's going to take like a month to hit 70.

I made a character on Icecrown for now, but I can't make up my mind. Part of me wants to be a player that starts with the rest of the server from ground up, but part of me can't take the slow leveling process. It doesn't help that i'm leveling my pally as prot, but I want to tank.

7. May 30, 2017  
    Medivh is the best place to find it imo. You have all these new people leveling characters with the same attitude - wanting the raid progression from scratch. Starting in Kara, moving to ZA, etc etc.

My only problem is how damn SLOW it's taking to level man. It's kind of off putting honestly. I agree leveling should be a big part of it, but I only play an hour or two a day, so it's going to take like a month to hit 70.

I made a character on Icecrown for now, but I can't make up my mind. Part of me wants to be a player that starts with the rest of the server from ground up, but part of me can't take the slow leveling process. It doesn't help that i'm leveling my pally as prot, but I want to tank.
    Here's your issue. This server has the same exact leveling rates at pre-Wrath. That means these rates are higher than launch BC rates! For me it's quite fast in comparison to what I expected. First quest on my druid I hadn't even completed it and I hit L1. That was normally done upon completing the turn-in of the first quest on live BC. I normally went around killing extra mobs to get L1 before turning the quest in back then. I'd think that if Warmane's BC servers have their XP rates set by the patch prior to the following expansion then the Wrath servers are the same. Meaning you're used to Cata XP for leveling. Hate to say, but that ruined leveling for you. I spent a month hitting 70 on my second character, a hunter, in BC. I'd been 60 in Vanilla on the druid so I rolled right through the Dark Portal.

Again I think pre-Cata leveling was spoiled for you. That's rough because I enjoy seeing the entirety of a zone's quests. I leveled a second druid in Wrath. I have to say I did it in half the time of the hunter. And I didn't care because my goal was to raid with two healers that had left my BC guild for another server.

Word of advice, switch to ret!!! You can tank dungeons are ret for quite a while. Prot pally leveling is a pain! I leveled one in BC. All I can say is I regret it and it ruined the class for me for years. The only tank that can level in its tank spec quickly is a feral. Prot pallies and warriors are horrible unless you can chain dungeons and even with these rates you can't do that. Feral has the luxury of also being a dps tree...yay, when we were actually hybrids! lol Heck, I have a leveling build for maximum damage done, but with more tanking talents and skipping one or two required dps talents. You did pick one of the rougher classes to level too. :/

8. May 30, 2017  
    Here's your issue. This server has the same exact leveling rates at pre-Wrath. That means these rates are higher than launch BC rates! For me it's quite fast in comparison to what I expected. First quest on my druid I hadn't even completed it and I hit L1. That was normally done upon completing the turn-in of the first quest on live BC. I normally went around killing extra mobs to get L1 before turning the quest in back then. I'd think that if Warmane's BC servers have their XP rates set by the patch prior to the following expansion then the Wrath servers are the same. Meaning you're used to Cata XP for leveling. Hate to say, but that ruined leveling for you. I spent a month hitting 70 on my second character, a hunter, in BC. I'd been 60 in Vanilla on the druid so I rolled right through the Dark Portal.

Again I think pre-Cata leveling was spoiled for you. That's rough because I enjoy seeing the entirety of a zone's quests. I leveled a second druid in Wrath. I have to say I did it in half the time of the hunter. And I didn't care because my goal was to raid with two healers that had left my BC guild for another server.

Word of advice, switch to ret!!! You can tank dungeons are ret for quite a while. Prot pally leveling is a pain! I leveled one in BC. All I can say is I regret it and it ruined the class for me for years. The only tank that can level in its tank spec quickly is a feral. Prot pallies and warriors are horrible unless you can chain dungeons and even with these rates you can't do that. Feral has the luxury of also being a dps tree...yay, when we were actually hybrids! lol Heck, I have a leveling build for maximum damage done, but with more tanking talents and skipping one or two required dps talents. You did pick one of the rougher classes to level too. :/
    yea you make some good points. i've been playing on retail since 2005, these new private servers are completely new to me, i literally just made my first character two days ago. so yea, the leveling rates are a complete shock to me lol.

i am dumping my talents into prot since dual spec isn't a thing and i really don't want to have to respec much at all due to the cost. maybe i should just ditch the 1h/shield combo and just grab a 2h. how far will Ret tanking actually last? Like, could I level to 70 as ret, spend talents in ret, and just a 1h/shield to tank? if that's the case, I'll do that. but if there comes a point around lvl 50-60~ where Ret tanking is just too squishy, then i basically just have to dump talents into prot and use a 2h weapon, but obviously that will gimp damage.

it's a hard decision to make. i really like the appeal of Medivh.

9. May 30, 2017  
    i've been playing on retail since 2005, these new private servers are completely new to me, i literally just made my first character two days ago.
    wow man welcome aboard to pirate ship then hah

10. May 30, 2017  
    If XP rate are increased the slightest from here on, I'm out.

11. May 30, 2017  
    I feel bad for those that worry about pop. Seems like you guys never have fun with all your concerns.

First 123