1. My "good simple UI" would be just the default UI because that's what I've been using for 12 years, together with Recount and a threat addon. I see no reason to use any other UI addons. Yes, I've tried them all - they all suck and add nothing of value to the game whatsoever.

2. ^nah. A lot of Addons and types of Addons are of limited value to certain classes and roles, but there exist a great many which provide insight and convenience, as well as many which visually tidy and condense UI elements for easier use.

QuestHelper (especially for new players and leveling)
    MobInfo (especially for new players and leveling)
    OneBag
    Mik's Scrolling Battle Text (or similar, especially for PvP)
    AtlasLoot or a similar drop encyclopedia (saves a lot of time on alt-tabbing unless you are a loot savant)
    OmniCC
    Auctioneer (especially for trade income)
    EnergyWatch (for rogues)
    LSChat or similar (unless you don't like scrollwheeling the chat or organizing messages and like the look of the buttons)
    Any threat meter (especially for PvE, unless you are too scrubbly to generate substantial threat)
    Almost any UnitFrame Addon (especially for PvP)
    Almost any Nameplate Addon (especially for PvP)
    Almost any bar-management Addon

I find Addons very helpful and useful. Perhaps you have had difficulty with dependencies, conflicts, or performance. On multiple occasions, speaking as a raid leader, it was very disruptive to guild progress for members to deliberately handicap their performance by limiting the information available to them.

If the information from an Addon might help to win a fight, then it's worth a shot imo.

>"I've tried them all;"

I very, very much doubt that. I spent a few-hundred hours trying Addons in retail, and I barely scratched the surface of UI modification.

I say give 'em another whirl, though you sound pretty set in your belief.

EDIT2: Home from work, UI pic:

Edited: October 6, 2017 Reason: unnecessarily sassy

3. QuestHelper (especially for new players and leveling)
    I know all quests.
    MobInfo (especially for new players and leveling)
    Useless in TBC, obsolete in WotLK.
    Useless addon.
    Mik's Scrolling Battle Text (or similar, especially for PvP)
    Useless addon.
    AtlasLoot or a similar drop encyclopedia (saves a lot of time on alt-tabbing unless you are a loot savant)
    Not a UI addon.
    Auctioneer (especially for trade income)
    Not a UI addon.
    EnergyWatch (for rogues)
    That's just one class-limited addon.
    LSChat or similar (unless you don't like scrollwheeling the chat or organizing messages and like the look of the buttons)
    I see no reason for this.
    Any threat meter (especially for PvE, unless you are too scrubbly to generate substantial threat)
    I mentioned it.
    Almost any bar-management Addon
    Why?

The rest of the addons are for PvP and I don't PvP on TBC.
    I find Addons very helpful and useful. Perhaps you have had difficulty with dependencies, conflicts, or performance. On multiple occasions, speaking as a raid leader, it was very disruptive to guild progress for members to deliberately handicap their performance by limiting the information available to them.
    Neither. Most addons are just useless, that's all. Someone had the cool idea of changing something or making something "more visible" under their own understanding of the term, and so they decided to make an addon and post it on Curse.

>"I've tried them all;"

I very, very much doubt that.
    I very very much tried them all.
    I spent a few-hundred hours trying Addons in retail, and I barely scratched the surface of UI modification.
    And why do you need them? I don't understand how changing the font, the positioning and the movement of the numbers would make them "more visible". They're there, right in the middle of your screen. What's so hard to see there?
    Edited: October 7, 2017

4. I very very much tried them all. And why do you need them? I don't understand how changing the font, the positioning and the movement of the numbers would make them "more visible". They're there, right in the middle of your screen. What's so hard to see there?
    I can speak for myself only but one of the main reasons I do modify my UI is the poor placements of the blizzard elements. This is do improve the efficiency in order for me to recieve the information I want. Taking my personal UI as an example, the goal is to center everything as much as possible. This way, I can see my cooldowns (I use the actionbars to track these), the HP of myself and my target as well as my character postition (opposed to have the default placements in each of the corners of the screen).

Then of course some AddOns give information not otherwise available (as you mentioned already threatmeters) but also my custom-made raid cooldown tracker (not visible in the picture) which acts as quality of life improvements. But I do agree to a certain degree that most AddOns are just for fluff but to me configuring is part of the game, especially now since I can make my own AddOns specifically tailored to my wishes and needs.

5. I like minimalism. All keys are keybound, shortcuts hidden

link for fullscreen: https://i.imgur.com/duRdGl5.jpg

6. I like minimalism. All keys are keybound, shortcuts hidden

link for fullscreen: https://i.imgur.com/duRdGl5.jpg
    Please addons? Thx

7. Not super clean but it works... Elvui base with Xperl frames, cooldown count, sct, recount and omen

full screen

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...717_213921.jpg
    Edited: October 21, 2017

8. Not super clean but it works... Elvui base with Xperl frames, cooldown count, sct, recount and omen
    Dude... that font... yikes.

9. Please addons? Thx
    Glad to see somebody likes my style. List of addons in use is below; if you have any questions, ask away.

CORE
    Ace
    Ace2
    Ace3
    Aloft (enemy and/or ally nameplates)
    Bagnon + related extras
    Bartender4
    ButtonFacade + Buttonfacade_Nefs (action bar skinning)
    Chatter (various enhancements to chat)
    Doom_CooldownPulse
    ErrorMonster
    MobInfo2
    NeedToKnow (tracking of important buffs, i.e. insta-cast, +sp dmg trinket, etc)
    oGlow
    OmniCC + related extras (numerical cooldown readout on action bars)
    Quartz + related extras (sexiest cast bar in existence)
    Recount (you should know what this does)
    ShadowedUnitFrames + ShadowedUF_Options (I would kiss these unit frames if they were human)
    SharedMedia + custom font replacements
    simpleMinimap (minimal minimap setup + coords overlay)
    zzzModifiedPowerAuras

MISC
    Auctionator
    AuldLangSyne (keep notes on friends, easily invite, whisper, etc)
    Capping
    CombatLogClearer
    CombatLogFix
    DBM + related extras (obvious)
    EnhTooltip
    EQCompare
    GearScoreLite
    Grid
    HitsMode
    ImprovedCamera
    LightHeaded (wowhead comments in questlog)
    Mendeleev
    MikScrollingBattleText
    MSBTOptions
    Outfitter (gear sets)
    QuestAnnouncer
    QuestHelper
    RatingBuster
    SaySapped
    SellJunk
    SilverDragon
    Stubby
    TinyTip + TinyTipOptions (main function is tooltip anchored to cursor)
    TriviaBot (to distract you and your friends during dungeons)
    VendorValues
    XLoot

10. Glad to see somebody likes my style. List of addons in use is below; if you have any questions, ask away.

CORE
    Ace
    Ace2
    Ace3
    Aloft (enemy and/or ally nameplates)
    Bagnon + related extras
    Bartender4
    ButtonFacade + Buttonfacade_Nefs (action bar skinning)
    Chatter (various enhancements to chat)
    Doom_CooldownPulse
    ErrorMonster
    MobInfo2
    NeedToKnow (tracking of important buffs, i.e. insta-cast, +sp dmg trinket, etc)
    oGlow
    OmniCC + related extras (numerical cooldown readout on action bars)
    Quartz + related extras (sexiest cast bar in existence)
    Recount (you should know what this does)
    ShadowedUnitFrames + ShadowedUF_Options (I would kiss these unit frames if they were human)
    SharedMedia + custom font replacements
    simpleMinimap (minimal minimap setup + coords overlay)
    zzzModifiedPowerAuras

MISC
    Auctionator
    AuldLangSyne (keep notes on friends, easily invite, whisper, etc)
    Capping
    CombatLogClearer
    CombatLogFix
    DBM + related extras (obvious)
    EnhTooltip
    EQCompare
    GearScoreLite
    Grid
    HitsMode
    ImprovedCamera
    LightHeaded (wowhead comments in questlog)
    Mendeleev
    MikScrollingBattleText
    MSBTOptions
    Outfitter (gear sets)
    QuestAnnouncer
    QuestHelper
    RatingBuster
    SaySapped
    SellJunk
    SilverDragon
    Stubby
    TinyTip + TinyTipOptions (main function is tooltip anchored to cursor)
    TriviaBot (to distract you and your friends during dungeons)
    VendorValues
    XLoot
    Bro, thx so much!
    Ye, I really like your style and also you have very useful addons. ShadowedUnitFrames and NetToKnow are nice :)

Where did u download ShadowedUnitFrames?
    Edited: October 22, 2017

11. has anybody got a working 2.4.3. Move Anything ? Mine always keep messing with basic UI elements (Spell book won't show while in combat etc. very annoying)

12. Dude... that font... yikes.
    I changed to expressway since, but I do have a thing for SCT Adventure lol

First ... 7891011 ... Last