1. May 28, 2017  

Rating requirements on season 1 shoulders/weapons

Even if s1 and s2 there were no rating requirements on shoulders and weapon s1 I suggest you to add such. Most TBC realms did this in the past and the reason behind it is the competition + the impact of PvP weapons in PvE.

I believe such change will encourage more players to go up to the 2k rating and give better chance for top players to reach higher ratings. Maybe s4 requirements (2050 and 2200) may be too high, but at least the season 3 requirements (1850-2000)

I think we all can agree that blizzard just didn't think of this in s1/s2 (also personal rating was not existing at that time) and the fact all seasons after s2 got rating requiremts prooves it.
    Edited: May 29, 2017

2. May 30, 2017  
    Just want to bump. I don't know if it will be possible to implement this, but in case that you decide to use it it has to be done in maximum 1 week. later than this some people will already have purchased shoulders.

3. May 30, 2017  
    Wait, I don't need rating for Gladiator's weapons? :O Holy ****, Horde Rsham LF 2s partner

4. May 31, 2017  
    I'm absolutely against it (as any rating, in any season, really...).

5. May 31, 2017  
    I'm absolutely against it (as any rating, in any season, really...).
    Without rating requirements, you can legit farm any of the PvP pieces while being a total bag of **** at PvP. So yeah, rating is required and it exists for a reason. Why should I bother doing raids for weapons when I can just (literally) farm latest-season PvP weapons and do just as well?

6. June 1, 2017  
    cause PvP set not rly worth a lot on PvE

7. June 1, 2017  
    Nobody's talking about the set here. Shoulders and weapons don't require rating - that's what we're talking about. There are barely any people with epic weapons on Outland, barely anyone doing HCs, barely anyone doing Kara, so with this you can pretty much get a Glad weapon and get an advantage which you're not supposed to have.

8. June 1, 2017  
    Was it rating required on retail? Thats the only question we should ask our selves. That is just to big of a change compared to what TBC really is and there is no need for implementing such a thing. Theres always WOTLK or Cata if ur eager to have privledged weapons from PVP.
    Keep TBC what it is.
    Edited: June 1, 2017

9. June 1, 2017  
    Okay, let's remove dual-spec, get mounts back to 40lvl and 100g, with the epic mounts at 1k gold, and the fast flying at 5k gold. And let's remove the spell-cost reduction. Glad weapons not having a rating requirement is bad for balance, no matter how you look at it.

10. June 1, 2017  
    Was it rating required on retail? Thats the only question we should ask our selves. That is just to big of a change compared to what TBC really is and there is no need for implementing such a thing. Theres always WOTLK or Cata if ur eager to have privledged weapons from PVP.
    Keep TBC what it is.
    No it is not what TBC really is. TBC had 4 seasons, rating requirements were added on season 3 being 2k shoulders, 1850 weapons. Realising it is a great tool to improve PvP competition blizzard increased those ratings to 2.2k shoulders, 2050 weapons. Not only that but they also added this requirement to the s4 honor offparts and other 4 set parts. Basically gloves were the only item not requiring arena rating.

So this is exactly what TBC is. If you want to have real s1 experience you would have to see what arena looked like on s1 release actually. But trust me this is nothign anyone here wants. Having 2.4.3 pvp in regards of talents/game mechanics/pvp balance is far from what it was on s1. Just an example - s1 dots were not affected by resilience and many more.

Your arguements are invalid, there is no real reason to wait 2 seasons in order to incorporate something that was just missed on retail(tbh arena system was different, there was no personal rating at that time). Blizzard have prooven in the next 29049898 seasons that this is something POSITIVE.

Br

11. June 1, 2017  
    s1 dots were not affected by resilience and many more.
    Aaah, the time when SP/Afflock was the absolute FotM :D I remember that! Damage by pets was also not affected by resilience.

12. June 3, 2017  
    Okay, let's remove dual-spec, get mounts back to 40lvl and 100g, with the epic mounts at 1k gold, and the fast flying at 5k gold. And let's remove the spell-cost reduction. Glad weapons not having a rating requirement is bad for balance, no matter how you look at it.
    As i see you just compared handy custom things everyone gladly embraces with changes that would prevent most people from gearing in pvp. You cant compare gold gain/cost with changing core pvp gearing stuff. You dont see people asking for removal of s3 and s4 weapons requirement, so why adding them for s1 and s2? Someone of your skill should not be afraid of being equaly geared for first 2 seasons. just keep tbc in CRUCIAL THINGS like PVP and gearing what it used to be.

Altho i see your point of view and partialy agree, personaly i dissagree with this suggestion as probably majority does, and thats my point of view. Dont be afraid of others having gear, but rather go progressively as it is progressive TBC realm and wait for s3 :P

@kuro, blizzards mistake in dot ressiliance filter is obvious thing to be fixed. We are on patch 2.4.3 not patch 2.1. But on patch 2.4.3 i believe you could still get weapons of S2 for example without rating , couldn't you?
    Edited: June 3, 2017

13. June 3, 2017  
    As i see you just compared handy custom things everyone gladly embraces with changes that would prevent most people from gearing in pvp. You cant compare gold gain/cost with changing core pvp gearing stuff. You dont see people asking for removal of s3 and s4 weapons requirement, so why adding them for s1 and s2? Someone of your skill should not be afraid of being equaly geared for first 2 seasons. just keep tbc in CRUCIAL THINGS like PVP and gearing what it used to be.

Altho i see your point of view and partialy agree, personaly i dissagree with this suggestion as probably majority does, and thats my point of view. Dont be afraid of others having gear, but rather go progressively as it is progressive TBC realm and wait for s3 :P

@kuro, blizzards mistake in dot ressiliance filter is obvious thing to be fixed. We are on patch 2.4.3 not patch 2.1. But on patch 2.4.3 i believe you could still get weapons of S2 for example without rating , couldn't you?
    I am not scared that people will have the same gear like me, I am scared that the competition will be lower and the arena will not be as good as possible.
    PvE players will go straight for the weapons playing 10 matches a week then they will stop playing arena. With the rating requirements they would first need to obtain the PvP set in order to be able to compete for weapon rating. Decent PvP players will be able to farm them and reach around 2.2k rating what will leave space to the top players to go up to 2.6k+.

Leaving the system without rating requirements will stuck top ratings at most 2.4 probably.

14. June 4, 2017  
    Here is the flip side of the coin:

Most people will never even get close to achieving ratings for weap/shoulders. In fact even when there were no rating requirements people often disbanded their teams to reform at 1500 because of how low Arena Points they were getting. If you look at how many pts you get at 1500:

2v2: 260~
    3v3: 300
    5v5: 344

Then look at the combined cost of an arena set and say a 2h + 1h/Shield and maybe throwing. Not to mention for multiple specs. You will realise you NEED high rating to even get a full set even if you play most weeks. That was a natural barrier.

Now consider activity, and PvE. You say PvE players will go for 10 games a week for weapon, which might be true but why not? What's wrong with them doing that, more people get into PvP, you get a more active ladder (maybe even 3v3, 5v5?). Infact if you add rating requirements on items and activity dies down or it's set too high it will discourage people from playing as we clearly see on realms like Blackrock or Icecrown and you will end up with a ladder of 15 teams. It also makes it pointless to play with other people who cannot achieve the rating for that piece you're missing, friends or people you meet on the server. This was a thing on retail which drove server transfers, people split up teams, didn't continue playing their teams with friends etc.

I would support no rating requirements for gear, or some select cosmetics or other non-balance incentives. I've never understood the whole "but everyone will be geared" part. If you ever played on the Blizzard Arena Tournament realms you will see that if everyone is allowed equal gear good people still beat bad people. The prestige is tied to your rank, titles, rating and the respect you earned playing against other top teams, not your shoulders.

Please don't kill arena activity, promote everyone to play it, especially 3v3 and 5v5!

15. June 4, 2017  
    You get the same points on 1500 or below 1500.

There may be pros and cons like there is in every decision. There will be positive and negative people, I have my arguments and for me it is important the staff to review and consider.

I have no doubt that Warmane staff, including ex AT staff, will take the right decision. The reason to open the topic is that with all the other work and tasks on the server it may just have been missed or set up back in the queue.

12 Last