1. May 28, 2017  

Why are my spells being resisted?

I'm a max level frost mage, it seems that when hitting mobs that i'm theoratically hit capped against, I still seem to be getting some resists?

I have +3% from talent and +4% from my current gear yet when I do dungeons or regular mobs my spells seem to be resisted vs lv 68-72 mobs?

2. May 28, 2017  
    Being hit capped only prevents you from missing with your spells. Spell penetration helps with that.

3. May 28, 2017  
    Being hit capped only prevents you from missing with your spells. Spell penetration helps with that.
    I'm referring to 100% resists (aka misses) with my spells, where I do 0 dmg. It just seems weird that I can do 0 dmg to a level 68 mob when I'm way over the hit cap for the mobs level

4. May 28, 2017  

5. May 28, 2017  
    read this, it will clarify how spell resistance/miss works:
    https://dwarfpriest.wordpress.com/20...d-resistances/
    wait so there is a global 1% miss chance for spells even if you are hit capped ?

6. May 28, 2017  
    Yes, exactly, it's TBC mechanics.
    Also some mobs may have frost resistance and some additional resistance based on lvl difference (which cannot be ignored by using spell penetration gems/gear).
    But your frostbolt is so called binary spell which means that it can't be partially resisted. I'd say that's a good thing.