1. May 29, 2017  

Lordareon is dying?

Hello,

I've been playing on Lordareon with my girlfriend for around 2 years now. Is it just me, or it feels like Lordareon is dying? It was... Alright, it was playable from the side of population, but now, I can't even sell borean leather for 14g a stack! When I constantly farm gold, I see ALOT of bots, probably that's why economy crashes hard. I use auction house addons, from which I see total auctions are getting lower and lower. Gm's respond once in 3-4 days (not even saying that sometimes it feels like bot responds instead of a GM, or they don't read tickets properly. For example I saw a fire mage wich somehow in tanaris was able to instantly kill me randomly with like 10 per sec. molten shield procs (I checked combat log several times) so he was obviously glitching, because I wasnt attacking him by any means, I was lvl 44+ and he was 80. When I opened a ticked GM told me to get a guildie or a friend to gank a ganker, when I was telling him about the bug, and it happened quite a few times before GM responded like a real person. It took maybe 2 follow-up tickets. Bg queue sometimes take even 20+ minutes to pop-up (80 lvl), in middle of the day! (EU time). 3v3. 5v5 - dead, dueling - I am not even talking about that. I don't want to sound paranoid, but I just want to ask, is it just me, that feels like Lordareon is dying? I came back after massive molten wipe, with a vision of creating a guild (of my country, since not all Lithuanians can speak english well), archieving most of the things in WOTLK and moving with guild to Cataclysm, and well... We just starting out to raid ICC and I feel like server is nearly dead.

Please share your thoughts.
    Thank You.

2. May 29, 2017  
    i use to play in lordaeron , like to but yeah i feel is dying , i move to icecrwon is the diferrencia is way too much , you can barely see 2 cats in dalarab(lord) but when you are in dala(icecrown) **** too many players

3. May 29, 2017  
    Dear Sir

How is possible server with 5k+ on its peak time to be called "dying"? In fact I personally expect lots of ppl to come back from TBC.

Lordaeron is great server and I enjoy playing on it. Im sure it will never die. It will be just great idea and I plead the staff to open RDF at least for low levels, because leveling will be definitely more smooth and fun.

Best regards!

4. May 29, 2017  
    Playing on Lordareon with a friend and we are having fun :D There are people, we are in a good guild so yeah , iti s good for us :)

5. May 29, 2017  
    lol what, how is 5-6k realm dying ?

Its low at NA times yea, but its mostly EU realm and like EU retail realms its lower at NA/SA times ..

6. May 29, 2017  
    I used to play in Lordaeron, but I moved to icecrown due to the lack o pvp in Lordaeron. It was undoubtedly a really good decision. I don't like the pay to win philosophy of Icecrown, but at least I can enjoy the game here.
    In my opinion Lordaeron has too many nonsense features. Just make a 1x realm with no shop, enable RDF, and let raids and dungeons be as they are supposed to be, and I think population would be much higher.
    This realm is only enjoyable for people who can play wow during 12 hours a day, but guess what, most of people don't have that time. If I have one hour to play wow, I can't afford being 20 minutes in the queue for a bg or forming a group for doing some pve... Let's not talk about finding an arena partner and doing some games...
    Just my opinion, and I know a lot of people who left lordaeron because of similar reasons.

7. May 29, 2017  
    I used to play in Lordaeron, but I moved to icecrown due to the lack o pvp in Lordaeron. It was undoubtedly a really good decision. I don't like the pay to win philosophy of Icecrown, but at least I can enjoy the game here.
    In my opinion Lordaeron has too many nonsense features. Just make a 1x realm with no shop, enable RDF, and let raids and dungeons be as they are supposed to be, and I think population would be much higher.
    This realm is only enjoyable for people who can play wow during 12 hours a day, but guess what, most of people don't have that time. If I have one hour to play wow, I can't afford being 20 minutes in the queue for a bg or forming a group for doing some pve... Let's not talk about finding an arena partner and doing some games...
    Just my opinion, and I know a lot of people who left lordaeron because of similar reasons.
    +10000000000

8. May 29, 2017  
    Not much for PvP from me, but i agree with the fact that unless you have A LOT of time to wait in queue or form a group or raid to get something, you more of less cant gain much...not to mention the fact that every day ppl are asking more and more of some GS limit thats becoming horor for ppl that just want to play for fun and games...

9. May 29, 2017  
    maybe it will get back to life when staff will start to listen to community feedback (rdf,heirlooms,raidbuffs especially on old content and so on) but even icc was released without any testing with modified enrage timers/hp buffs.

10. May 29, 2017  
    maybe it will get back to life when staff will start to listen to community feedback (rdf,heirlooms,raidbuffs especially on old content and so on) but even icc was released without any testing with modified enrage timers/hp buffs.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

11. May 29, 2017  
    x1 server with no heirlooms or dungeon finder?

No thanks, I hate Icecrown because it has the shop but I won't play on this server because without dungeon finder/heirlooms leveling is crap.

12. May 29, 2017  
    It was bound to happen, if Lord was a blizzlike server (RDF, heirlooms, no custom buffs etc.) it would be much more popular IMO.
    staff will start to listen to community feedback
    You're funny :P

13. May 29, 2017  
    dunno why you all talk but lord has been dying since people realized that the server is not casual-friendly aka mid-ulduar season, nothing will bring back the population that u had back at Naxx times, not even dungeon finder or heirlooms because the concept of the realm failed hard, even with ICC release it didnt bring any population back. Now with TBC release dont expect the realm to be better than it is right now, it will stay with the same population and go lower along with time

14. May 30, 2017  
    Since day one everyone knew the content is going to be buffed and much harder than normal, the reason lord went from 12k to 5-6k is because ppl thought even with the buffed content everything is going to be ez, since day one the population was inflated (if not fake) by people that would quit regardless of RDF/heirlooms.
    Heirlooms and RDF is making it more attractive for new players which will most likely quit too once they start raiding.Not to mention that the difference between lvling without rdf/heirlooms is like 1-80 in 4 days 5 hours instead of 5 days, maybe thats enough of incentive for some decent players to start playing. While i agree that rdf can be a small plus lets be real, not playing lordaeron because theres no rdf or heirlooms is simply not a valid excuse.

Lordaeron is pure reflection of what the wow community is, lazy, spoon fed and delusional, and dont tell me about that crap "but im 30yo now and i have life" because the game is by default designed to be played by 30yo working ppl with daily routine.
    Truth is, if u have the choice between raiding 6-12hours weekly and doing actual progression or paying for the items and raiding 2 hours weekly, 95% would chose to pay and play less.

To me the server is exactly the same as it was when it was lancuhed, when outland got released and even when northrend got released the raiding scene is the same, while im not much of a pvper judging by the numerous topics ever since northrend release ppl have complained for high queues, idk how high they are now but if u are saying 20mins thats sounds about the same as when the realm had 12k.

Admins should delete such topics, theres nothing to be said or discussed about this and people are making them every few weeks for the past 6 months.
    Edited: May 30, 2017

15. May 30, 2017  
    They just released two new servers, one of which is x1, of course the population will dip. Not to mention these are TBC servers which have been in high demand for as long as Pservers have been around.

You can run dungeons and raids all day with a 5k pop server and not run with the same person twice if you didn't want to. Lordaeron isn't dying but the population will not ever be at 10k+ again, get over it.

123 Last