1. May 29, 2017  

Arena activity and projected activity on the new TBC servers

Hi all

Ex TBC/Wotlk retail player here who looking to play again. Was a hardcore PvE player / multi-Glad back in the day but will certainly be terrible after years of not playing.

I am, however, mainly interested in playing arena. I'm happy to play either TBC or Wotlk but only if there is actual decent 2v2 and 3v3 competitive activity.

So:

1. Does Icecrown have an active and competitive arena scene?

2. Based on the history of the Warmane Wotlk servers, which of the TBC servers is likely to garner the best arena scene? Medivh or Outland? Is it the case that the more serious players gravitate toward the '1x' servers?

In all honesty I've a strong preference to level on a x5 or x7 server but if the arena scene is poor then I wouldn't bother.

Also, if there are any things which a prospective arena player should know about playing on any of the above, I'd be grateful for any tips!

Thank you for any help you can give :)

2. May 29, 2017  
    Hey man,

I've been on and off with Molten/Warmane since 2011. I've always been heavy into the arena/pvp scene, through both cata and wotlk. I haven't been playing recently - but I've come back for tbc and have been lurking on the icecrown and blackrock realms from time to time.

1. Yes it does, but only for 2s. You will get queues up to 2600mmr+ then it slows down considerably. Around that area - you're losing more than youre winning. R1 usually peaks around 2850-2900. As for 3s - it always starts out strong, but it tapers off due to lack of player availibility in comparison to the 2s bracket. From recent history you dont see more than 30 teams over 2k team rating - and rank one usually peaks at 2300 max. Usually have to spam general chat for queues. However, this is the first time Warmane has done a progression realm with increased rates. The idea of progression, new fresh seasons with different seasonal gear could change the current dynamic.

2. From my history, the more "serious" arena/pvper has chosen the higher pop rate over the x1. This could be due to various factors, but that is what I've seen.

To answer your last question - have high expectations for this realm but keep what I said in mind. This server has been around for a while and is a house hold name with in the private server community for a reason.