1. May 29, 2017  

Warmane policy

I was curious if the following has happened to anybody else. I've had an account for over 5 years, and this was very surprising to me, and frankly I'm a little disgusted.

I had a number of characters on Ragnaros, with a mixture of earned and donated items. I logged on recently to find that they had all been automatically migrated to Icecrown, OK no problem that makes sense, servers come and go! Some of the characters had names removed, which also makes sense, I just had to rename them.

Now my friend did exactly the same thing, except when he logged in there were no characters. Surprised, he opened a ticket to query this. Now I can understand that they may not have the capability to restore the characters, but they are not even offering to restore the lost coins. I mean he's paid for those, they're on his bank records.

Are we supposed to accept this sort of behaviour? To me this is just theft, what are other's thought on this?

Tl;dr - Warmane deleting characters with paid items and not restoring the coins.

2. May 29, 2017  
    I was curious if the following has happened to anybody else. I've had an account for over 5 years, and this was very surprising to me, and frankly I'm a little disgusted.

I had a number of characters on Ragnaros, with a mixture of earned and donated items. I logged on recently to find that they had all been automatically migrated to Icecrown, OK no problem that makes sense, servers come and go! Some of the characters had names removed, which also makes sense, I just had to rename them.

Now my friend did exactly the same thing, except when he logged in there were no characters. Surprised, he opened a ticket to query this. Now I can understand that they may not have the capability to restore the characters, but they are not even offering to restore the lost coins. I mean he's paid for those, they're on his bank records.

Are we supposed to accept this sort of behaviour? To me this is just theft, what are other's thought on this?

Tl;dr - Warmane deleting characters with paid items and not restoring the coins.
    People had plenty of time to get their coins back.

"Are we supposed to accept this sort of behaviour? To me this is just theft, what are other's thought on this?" > You dont own anything here, not even your account, their all molten property. How can they steal whats theirs?

3. May 29, 2017  
    People had plenty of time to get their coins back.

"Are we supposed to accept this sort of behaviour? To me this is just theft, what are other's thought on this?" > You dont own anything here, not even your account, their all molten property. How can they steal whats theirs?
    I'd like to hear from anyone else too. Would you all be happy with losing your donations in this manner?

Also aren't donaters supposed to be immune from clean-ups? That was what molten said when we donated back then.
    Edited: May 29, 2017

4. May 29, 2017  
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=327761
    It has been over a year. We've just discontinued supporting retrieving characters that hadn't been moved, and we aren't providing any adjustments or refunds for any purchases made.

5. May 29, 2017  
    When you're paying money, and the word used is "Immune", literally, you don't expect to log on one day and find your character has been deleted and your donated items lost.

I'm completely letting the character side of this go, that's gone, but those items showing in his donation history are real and represent money spent. Even if you don't let them choose, I think you should let people in this situation have those items re-sent to a replacement character.

P.s. he logged in 9 days before the cut-off for automatic migration, and honestly I think all donaters should have been entitled to automatic migration regardless of inactivity, since we're supposed to be immune from inactivity clean-ups.

6. May 29, 2017  

PM me your friend's account name, that doesn't sound accurate at all.

7. May 29, 2017  
    When you're paying money, and the word used is "Immune", literally, you don't expect to log on one day and find your character has been deleted and your donated items lost.

I'm completely letting the character side of this go, that's gone, but those items showing in his donation history are real and represent money spent. Even if you don't let them choose, I think you should let people in this situation have those items re-sent to a replacement character.

P.s. he logged in 9 days before the cut-off for automatic migration, and honestly I think all donaters should have been entitled to automatic migration regardless of inactivity, since we're supposed to be immune from inactivity clean-ups.
    I think immunity is a pretty straight forward term, however leaving your character sitting there, taking up space, in limbo, no archive, ready to be transferred for over 1 year (yes, one whole year), is a no-go, there was plenty of time to migrate your characters.

A reply flatly refusing a removal (of archived data) and return of coins is not entirely accurate, we've done it for plenty already, to an extent.

In most cases, we do not return the coins -- you've already spent them, instead we send select items to a new character.

8. May 29, 2017  
    So essentially, just so I'm a little clearer, we are immune from clean-ups, but warmane can cast mass dispel to remove that immunity?

PM me your friend's account name, that doesn't sound accurate at all.
    I haven't heard back from you yet, but yes that is exactly what he was told, I can get hold of screenshots if needed? Or can you view his ticket?

9. May 29, 2017  
    Also lost ****loads of coins in their wipeout (or whatever happened).. :/

Restored everything once and there was a second wipe (??). Lost it all again and could'nt get it back now anymore i was told...
    Edited: May 29, 2017

10. May 30, 2017  
    That's crazy! It's bad enough that it happened the first time, I mean we lost a lot more than just coins the first time, my friend had a crazy achievement score, and [Mountain O' Mounts] collecting over 100 mounts!!

And now he has literally nothing.