1. May 29, 2017  

PvP on Frostwolf

Sup guys, a couple of friends were thinking of leaving from retail, because we love PvP and retail PvP it's like **** with that default stats, ilvl... etc

We are wondering how is pvp in this server, queue times for arena/bg, balance, wpvp... just to know or keep looking on other realms

2. May 29, 2017  
    Also, some info about the realm overall. Thanks in advance.

3. May 29, 2017  
    Hi Mojkah,
    PvP in Frostwolf is very good. All bgs are scripted but Alterac Valley. There aren't major class bugs. Queque times are short, longer in the deep night.

The problem in Frostwolf is population: it's not high like before, but if lot of players join would do a great job to make it more alive.

Sorry for spelling mistakes, English is not my first language.

Hope you will join us!

4. May 29, 2017  
    Also, some info about the realm overall. Thanks in advance.
    I may belong to a minority, but I think this realm is good overall.

You can find a scripted PvE content list in this topic: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=344358.

Community is usually okay.

Regarding PvP, I replied in another post on this topic.

There is disappointment because of the new TBC realms: community fears that the developers will apply just on the new realms and not on Frostwolf anymore, but there was a massive release of PvE content lately on Frostwolf. Hope is high to make this realm great (=more populated) again.

5. May 29, 2017  
    That's good to know. By the way, I consider 1500-2000 a correct amount. I'd like to be a bit more, like 4000, but this is a start.

6. May 29, 2017  
    Pvp it's horrible not for bug or something like that, because everything (in pvp) is decent fixxed, but gearing is so slow and hard; if u join horde u will lost all bgs, and if u join ally u will face tooooo many horde's premade, resulting in a very low rate win/loss. Also in arena most of people run with ultrageread healer and thats made capping really long.

Souce: me, i have equipped recently a rogue on horde and now i'm gearing my mage on alliance side

7. May 29, 2017  
    Pvp it's horrible not for bug or something like that, because everything (in pvp) is decent fixxed, but gearing is so slow and hard; if u join horde u will lost all bgs, and if u join ally u will face tooooo many horde's premade, resulting in a very low rate win/loss. Also in arena most of people run with ultrageread healer and thats made capping really long.

Souce: me, i have equipped recently a rogue on horde and now i'm gearing my mage on alliance side
    So do you sincerely think that we should select another server over this one? We're starting from zero so we have time to decide it.

8. May 29, 2017  
    I suggest you to find a young mop server (not sure if exist), because its a common problem of all mop server, infact in this patch the difference from sets is so huge; i have looked for a new server in the past (1 year ago) but i always come back here. Here you will find a community that speak english, good class and bg fixs, few cheaters but also a popolution that is decreasing day by day.

9. May 29, 2017  
    I suggest you to find a young mop server (not sure if exist), because its a common problem of all mop server, infact in this patch the difference from sets is so huge; i have looked for a new server in the past (1 year ago) but i always come back here. Here you will find a community that speak english, good class and bg fixs, few cheaters but also a popolution that is decreasing day by day.
    And I guess that WOD and Legion are too buggy yet, right?

10. May 29, 2017  
    Pvp it's horrible not for bug or something like that [...] but gearing is so slow and hard
    I disagree. I play like a very casual player and geared up quickly. There are dailies to gain honor and buy basic honor gear (Grevious).

if u join horde u will lost all bgs
    I disagree. I am a Horde player and win most of the bgs. I must add that I usually play in the evening.

Also in arena most of people run with ultrageread healer and thats made capping really long.
    When I was not-so-much geared (like 510 iLvl), with a player geared like me if not lower, I capped losing 70% of the games, however in two hours I was done.

11. May 29, 2017  

Some of us got around 75k+ conquest points before hitting 90. We got 550 the second we ding 90 xD.

12. May 29, 2017  
    Cool. Sounds like we're giving it a try. Thank you all.

13. May 29, 2017  
    I suggest you to find a young mop server (not sure if exist)
    Frostwolf is the best for English-speaking pvp. A "young" MoP server isn't going to be as good as this one- there's a limited population of people who want to do MoP pvp. There's not enough of them to make a new server active.

I much prefer Frostwolf to retail- what's the point of having a lot of people to play with if you're playing a crap game? There are plenty of people here to experience MoP pvp.

It is true, however, that the gearing process is painful. Should be a lot easier for OP with friends to play with, though- especially if they are decent players. The devs also claim that they will be implementing the conquest cap catchup, which should really help the pvp population if it comes to pass.
    Edited: May 29, 2017

14. May 29, 2017  
    Good evening

Gearing is a long process and works really well, when u have more than 1 char to cap it every week.

I have much more awesome bgs as horde than alliance, because horde playes better than alliance. If u wanna equip a char, u should go horde cz instant queue and nice win ratio. Alliance queues are longer and bgs are often decided at start, because you see a lot of greenies/known noobs or afks at flag.

It's the point that I lost a lot of bgs as ally despite 30-40m heal cz alliance dds are often too bad (0 focus, 1mio dmg in 3-5mins in zerg, 0 kicks). That's really frustrating, so I think about healing or leaving in every joined bg. Horde is more relaxing.

Queue time: instant-4mins; it depends, which side is dominating=4mins queue while other fraction has instant queue. There are more allys than horde in pvp, that's why queue is basically higher than horde.

Wpvp is quite dead, tol barad and twinter don't work. 2 vs 2 has fast queue, while 3 vs 3 is much longer and 5 vs 5 is still dead.

Kind regards

15. May 29, 2017  
    Good evening

Gearing is a long process and works really well, when u have more than 1 char to cap it every week.

I have much more awesome bgs as horde than alliance, because horde playes better than alliance. If u wanna equip a char, u should go horde cz instant queue and nice win ratio. Alliance queues are longer and bgs are often decided at start, because you see a lot of greenies/known noobs or afks at flag.

It's the point that I lost a lot of bgs as ally despite 30-40m heal cz alliance dds are often too bad (0 focus, 1mio dmg in 3-5mins in zerg, 0 kicks). That's really frustrating, so I think about healing or leaving in every joined bg. Horde is more relaxing.

Queue time: instant-4mins; it depends, which side is dominating=4mins queue while other fraction has instant queue. There are more allys than horde in pvp, that's why queue is basically higher than horde.

Wpvp is quite dead, tol barad and twinter don't work. 2 vs 2 has fast queue, while 3 vs 3 is much longer and 5 vs 5 is still dead.

Kind regards
    So you're trying to recruit us for the Horde, huh? I'm okay with that.

12 Last