1. May 30, 2017  

How to <Alterac Valley>

Hey,

I've seen people playing AV incorrectly so many times...

I do know some players who play for HKs just completely ignore objectives and straight go for GY camp, but this definitely is not healthy for new players who do not fully understand how the BG functions.

No wonder AV gives them almost a nightmare-ish experience overtime.

So, I've decided to make an explanation of kind of "how to play AV".

Not much of an effort went into it, so don't expect so much out of it.

I tried to go over as many basics as I could.

Hope it helps.

2. May 30, 2017  

3. May 30, 2017  
    HI MOM IM ON TV !
    I don't know where, but my biggest ****-up in my life.

=(

4. May 30, 2017  
    I use capping, and sometimes the towers get more than 4 minutes to burn (doesn't happen with graveyards). Is there a rule behind this or is it a bug? Because capping doesn't follow it, so if there is one it could help me hack the addon a bit.

5. May 31, 2017  
    Thanks for addressing this issue. I saw a lot of people complaining about Alterac Valley and would like to add that graveyard > tower. Controlling graveyard determine where the enemy will spawn. The further back the better. For example, cap a nearby graveyard before capping the tower so we don't have to fight the same defender twice.

General guide to AV is to meet opposing faction at Field of Strife and it is situational after this.
    If we WIN the Field of Strife, push toward next graveyard while 1-2 people go back to cap and defend Snowfall graveyard. Another group of 2-3 can dps miniboss (Balinda or Galvangar). Continue pushing forward while dropping back 2-3 people to defend what was captured. After the first two towers burn, then there is a choice of farming enemy at cave or burn the remaining towers to dps boss.
    If we LOSE the Field of Strife, draw the enemy to our miniboss and delay until reinforcement comes. At this time, stealths should ninja cap enemy's graveyard to push back their reinforcement. If this turn the tide of battle, push toward enemy's miniboss and the tactics follow same as above.

There are a lot of variation to how AV is played but generally speaking, the above tactic is what I've seen to be successful. As long as people know their role and communicate, the bg tends to be in their favor. But if your group is mainly 2k gs going against BIS then tactic doesn't matter and forget everything that was said.
    Edited: May 31, 2017

6. May 31, 2017  
    Thanks for addressing this issue. I saw a lot of people complaining about Alterac Valley and would like to add that graveyard > tower. Controlling graveyard determine where the enemy will spawn. The further back the better. For example, cap a nearby graveyard before capping the tower so we don't have to fight the same defender twice.

General guide to AV is to meet opposing faction at Field of Strife and it is situational after this.
    If we WIN the Field of Strife, push toward next graveyard while 1-2 people go back to cap and defend Snowfall graveyard. Another group of 2-3 can dps miniboss (Balinda or Galvangar). Continue pushing forward while dropping back 2-3 people to defend what was captured. After the first two towers burn, then there is a choice of farming enemy at cave or burn the remaining towers to dps boss.
    If we LOSE the Field of Strife, draw the enemy to our miniboss and delay until reinforcement comes. At this time, stealths should ninja cap enemy's graveyard to push back their reinforcement. If this turn the tide of battle, push toward enemy's miniboss and the tactics follow same as above.

There are a lot of variation to how AV is played but generally speaking, the above tactic is what I've seen to be successful. As long as people know their role and communicate, the bg tends to be in their favor. But if your group is mainly 2k gs going against BIS then tactic doesn't matter and forget everything that was said.
    Thanks for the great input.

As I've said in the comment in the video, I prefer getting a tower/bunker down than focusing on a graveyard and setting up a choking point because people simply do not know how to choke and burn the bunkers/towers. They keep on pushing to the enemy base, making the BG to go on for at least 10 more minutes.

But you are 100% correct that there are many different ways to play AV. My video tried to explain the basic of the basics only about the BG itself rather than in-depth strategies. I might do that later on if I feel less lazy later.

@Najrah ; I also use Capping and the timer seems incorrect with Warmane. I think in Warmane the timer is actually 5 minutes instead of 4.

7. May 31, 2017  
    The reality is a bit different, geared players are playing if not ONLY, mostly for HK`s. Low geared players are trying to play for WIN, until they have the gear to play for HK`s;]/ How many times your team was crashing Warsong Gulch, and no one was capping the flag ? Or one of the faction crashing AV and camping for HK`s on the opposite team starting graveyard but not doing the objectives to win faster?

ps. I don`t think that the problem is that players don`t know what to do on almost legal to drink old content, but the fact they do what they like.

8. May 31, 2017  
    Absolutely loved it! I started PVP-ing late and for good 20-30 wins I had no clue what was I doing in AV, for a beginner it's pretty complicated BG, compared to WSG for example. I'd kill for this guide back then.
    Would be more enjoyable to watch, if you actually did voiceover.
    You can do boss guides as well, I know there's a lots of retail guides out there, but this is warmane, stuff is a bit different, plus you could do class perspective guide, little tips and tricks from a retri position for example, I don't know.
    Keep it up.

9. May 31, 2017  
    +1
    And yes, voice over would be great (it's the only thing missing).
    "You don't have to be silent, be Silent" - Noobsmoke™ 2k17