1. May 30, 2017  

Realm change Medivh->Outland

Okay, so I kinda have a weird question.
    Would it be an idea to implement a realm change from Medivh to Outland?

The reason is because unlike most (I think) playing here, I haven't played retail WoW and would actually want the experience of leveling to 70, with x1 exp rate. Since I'm pretty new to WoW (only played Icecrown for awhile), the harder raids don't sound too appealing for me.

So with a realm change possible from Medihv to Outland, I can experience leveling x1 to 70 and then change to Outland, so the raids are not too hard as newbie.

I don't see how this could be abused, since on Medihv it will be harder to obtain gear and lvls, but ofcourse I understand if this doesn't get implemented as I'm not sure if there are more people like me who would actually want this.

2. May 30, 2017  
    I made the swap from Outland to medihv. I know everyone wants to experience the game in there own way but if you want a true nice experience then sticking on medihv is the right thing to do. Raiding isn't ment to be easy. Outlands is currently a joke and it doesn't feel like raiding. You won't enjoy the game content if it's just to easy. It's about banding together and working hard to get that release of accomplishment. Something Outland destroys. Trust me you have made the correct server with medihv.

3. May 30, 2017  
    I made the swap from Outland to medihv. I know everyone wants to experience the game in there own way but if you want a true nice experience then sticking on medihv is the right thing to do. Raiding isn't ment to be easy. Outlands is currently a joke and it doesn't feel like raiding. You won't enjoy the game content if it's just to easy. It's about banding together and working hard to get that release of accomplishment. Something Outland destroys. Trust me you have made the correct server with medihv.
    Hmm, I actually started on Outland now, since I was afraid the harder raid content is not the way to go as newbie.

Do you think it is fine as a player who only played on Icecrown server before (upto HC dungeons, haven't done the raids) to go for Medihv, with the harder raids? I'm afraid that everyone has so much more experience that they either only get frustrated if I join the raids or just not invite me at all.

4. May 30, 2017  
    Outland is where you will find all those people that are impatient and will get frustrated at you. It's x5 for a reason. They don't have the patience to level or teach and grow with others. That's not how wow is ment to be. I believe Medihvs raiding is only harder because it's pre-nerf. Meaning it's how the raids were designed to be. Outland is post-nerf. Where they made everything easy so people can quickly experience the content before a new tier/expansion is released. You only need to take a look at the photos from medihv of people forming a line and waiting one by one to complete a quest. That is something you don't get on games anymore. If your new to raiding that is a community you will want and need.

5. May 30, 2017  
    Thanks for your replies. You pointed out some good things to think about for when I'm done with my exams and start playing more. For now I'm not completely sure yet which server to choose :D

6. May 30, 2017  
    No problem. Most people play on the servers as this content was fun and a challange. Medihv is just that. Also a big thing to note. You can buy gear on Outlands, Medihv you cannot do that. I think its just cosmetic things.

7. May 30, 2017  
    I lvl up a characters on Outland but i didn't enjoy enough TBC content.
    I think I going to go on medihv now

8. May 30, 2017  
    Hmm, I actually started on Outland now, since I was afraid the harder raid content is not the way to go as newbie.

Do you think it is fine as a player who only played on Icecrown server before (upto HC dungeons, haven't done the raids) to go for Medihv, with the harder raids? I'm afraid that everyone has so much more experience that they either only get frustrated if I join the raids or just not invite me at all.
    As an experienced raider (who once more stumbled upon becoming an Officer of an upcoming Hardcore raiding guild on Medivh) I can guarantee you that there are players and communities of all sorts currently on Medivh. I know of plenty of guilds on the realm that aren't interested in being hardcore but to have a good time and enjoy a challenge with friends and/or a friendly group of people. You don't have to worry about your experience; you'll find your way, just enjoy yourself o/

9. May 30, 2017  
    As an experienced raider (who once more stumbled upon becoming an Officer of an upcoming Hardcore raiding guild on Medivh) I can guarantee you that there are players and communities of all sorts currently on Medivh. I know of plenty of guilds on the realm that aren't interested in being hardcore but to have a good time and enjoy a challenge with friends and/or a friendly group of people. You don't have to worry about your experience; you'll find your way, just enjoy yourself o/
    ^Medivh is definitely a place to go.

Greetings shu

10. May 31, 2017  
    Outland is where you will find all those people that are impatient and will get frustrated at you. It's x5 for a reason. They don't have the patience to level or teach and grow with others. That's not how wow is ment to be. I believe Medihvs raiding is only harder because it's pre-nerf. Meaning it's how the raids were designed to be. Outland is post-nerf. Where they made everything easy so people can quickly experience the content before a new tier/expansion is released. You only need to take a look at the photos from medihv of people forming a line and waiting one by one to complete a quest. That is something you don't get on games anymore. If your new to raiding that is a community you will want and need.
    Dont lie to people. People play on x5 because they dont have the time to do leveling for 1000 time. Most of us play on x5 are 20+ of age and we are not the kids like you and the other morons that are thinking they are better players when the play on x1 server. I played retail back on TBC and the leveling is not the best part of TBC - it is the END CONTENT. I think you have never, ever played pre-nerfed content. Do you know why Blizzard nerf it - because it was imposible back then to kill some bosses, it took a whole week to clear BT. The content is made to be seen by everyone. Not only by no lifers that think they are "hardcore" raiders on private server. Nobody cares - that you are good on private server or you cleared Karazhan on prenerfed stayed - becasue iT IS 10 year old content.
    For the poster of the topic go to Outland - level up your char and start doing things. If you are new player to Wow - it is better to see all of the content all of the raids and encounters. Because here - you will be stuck for months on a 1 tier raid and you will ger bored.

11. May 31, 2017  
    Dont lie to people. People play on x5 because they dont have the time to do leveling for 1000 time. Most of us play on x5 are 20+ of age and we are not the kids like you and the other morons that are thinking they are better players when the play on x1 server. I played retail back on TBC and the leveling is not the best part of TBC - it is the END CONTENT. I think you have never, ever played pre-nerfed content. Do you know why Blizzard nerf it - because it was imposible back then to kill some bosses, it took a whole week to clear BT. The content is made to be seen by everyone. Not only by no lifers that think they are "hardcore" raiders on private server. Nobody cares - that you are good on private server or you cleared Karazhan on prenerfed stayed - becasue iT IS 10 year old content.
    For the poster of the topic go to Outland - level up your char and start doing things. If you are new player to Wow - it is better to see all of the content all of the raids and encounters. Because here - you will be stuck for months on a 1 tier raid and you will ger bored.
    You forgot to mention that Outland is unbalanced as hell and he might get bored even before he would in Medivh. It can get extremely frustrating and rage-inducing.
    From your post I can see you are a great adult guy, since
    we are not the kids like you and the other morons that are thinking they are better players when the play on x1 server
    was a very adult way to express yourself.

12. May 31, 2017  
    and we are not the kids like you and the other morons
    You just confirmed everything he sad lol.

edit: Same time i wrote as juxuanu
    Edited: May 31, 2017

13. May 31, 2017  
    You forgot to mention that Outland is unbalanced as hell and he might get bored even before he would in Medivh. It can get extremely frustrating and rage-inducing.
    From your post I can see you are a great adult guy, since

was a very adult way to express yourself.
    IN MMORPG - there is no balance :) Maybe only faction balance - but you cannot tell the people to play faction that they dont want. Ofcourse he can get bored in Outland - but he will see more content than x1. Sometimes adults rage - it was mistake by my. But regardless - pointing that people are impatient because they dont want to waste time on leveling - in a private server is super dumb.
    And one last question did any of you kill Ilidian, kael and KJ - so you talk that the end game is easy. Making false statements of only one raid like Kara that is 10man not 25 - that the content is too easy is slugish.

14. May 31, 2017  
    The reason I'm not playing on Outland is because it's 5x - I want to play the content and not just the "End game". Leveling and developing a toon is as much a part of a MMORPG as the end game content, whether that's Arenas or 25 Man raiding

With 5x you probably wont see more content, you may see more end game, but with 5x you will skip an awful lot of zones / quest chains and story lines, just like on retail. Not everyone is after a quick fix - that's what retail gives.

I never had the pleasure of TBC when it was current, so this is new content as far as I'm concerned.