1. May 31, 2017  

Ideas to temper the faction griefing

Let me begin by saying that 7 of my 9 toons are Horde, and that I'm not typically very involved in PvP. Trash me if you like, but that's where I'm coming from.

As I understand it, the faction imbalance has pockets of intensity during 1-60, mostly in traditionally Horde-laden zones like STV and Tanaris. But I wouldn't focus my efforts there, since each leveling bracket has multiple zones to choose from, and it's not where the worst griefing is taking place anyway.

It sounds like Outland is the worst of it, and Hellfire Peninsula is the worst of the worst.

So if that's indeed the case, what if the devs focus their efforts on HP, to stem the tide where it's the worst? Here's my idea:

Temporarily make Hellfire Peninsula a PvE zone.

That would give Alliance a safe questing area for 3-5 levels, and after that, at least people can spread out into different areas, and not all be concentrated into a single zone of ganking.

Then, once a larger chunk of the population gets to 70, and it's not such an issue, you can revert HP back to PvP.

Thoughts? Additional suggestions?
    Edited: May 31, 2017 Reason: Asking for additional suggestions

2. May 31, 2017  
    Temporarily make Hellfire Peninsula a PvE zone.

Thoughts? Additional suggestions?
    On a 5x realm there is a way better option to avoid Hellfire Peninsula and level way faster than there.

1. Push yourself through Hellfire Peninsula and do the first 2-5 quests that give you starter tbc gear.
    2. return to the old world and do the quests in lvl 60 zones
    3. provit

Hellfire Peninsula is heavily crowded and a full pvp zone. Doing PVE or quests is hard for alliance and horde.
    - vanilla lvl 60 are nearly empty,
    - with a handfull of tbc starter items you go through the quests easily
    - no crowd around quest items and mobs

Even with less exp per quest, its faster than on Hellfire Peninsula with 15k player cap. With 65 you have to switch to outland, but than you can avoid the bottleneck Hellfire Peninsula.

3. May 31, 2017  
    So alliance players are second-class citizen that cannot access Outlands even though they wanted to play on a TBC server ?
    Can you be more patronizing and full of **** ?

4. May 31, 2017  
    If you suggest to make any zone in outland as pve, I'll go to alliance starting zones like lakeshire or duskwood and gank people there.

5. May 31, 2017  
    If you suggest to make any zone in outland as pve, I'll go to alliance starting zones like lakeshire or duskwood and gank people there.
    That's fine, but no lower level zone is required in the same way that Hellfire is. Even if you grab five thousand of your friends, and make it your personal mission to overrun Lakeshire, lower level players have several options to work around it, as opposed to fewer alternatives for starting TBC content.

Ganking isn't the problem. It's that it's happening on a large scale, in a uniquely bottlenecked zone.

6. May 31, 2017  
    I dont know how it is now but it wasnt remotely that bad on hellfire peninsula when I level. I can count on one hand the times I got ganked (I've been 70 for a while now). Zangamarsh the western part was pretty much horde free. I avoided Nagrand except for the ROB. I know have 3/4 zones to quest on and make some gold. Last night I was out on neitherstorm and I have yet to be harassed by horde.

Don't get me wrong I know there is a problem, a large one with the imbalance but it is not as bad as people make it out to be.

What I am tired of seeing is not enough alliance queuen for bgs. Please for the life of me dont be the pve heavy side.

7. May 31, 2017  
    On a 5x realm there is a way better option to avoid Hellfire Peninsula and level way faster than there.

1. Push yourself through Hellfire Peninsula and do the first 2-5 quests that give you starter tbc gear.
    2. return to the old world and do the quests in lvl 60 zones
    3. profit

Hellfire Peninsula is heavily crowded and a full pvp zone. Doing PVE or quests is hard for alliance and horde.
    - vanilla lvl 60 are nearly empty,
    - with a handfull of tbc starter items you go through the quests easily
    - no crowd around quest items and mobs

Even with less exp per quest, its faster than on Hellfire Peninsula with 15k player cap. With 65 you have to switch to outland, but than you can avoid the bottleneck Hellfire Peninsula.
    Interesting idea. If I end up leveling my Alliance toons, I'll strongly consider it.

8. May 31, 2017  
    your badassery is duly noted, I give you one internet point.

9. May 31, 2017  
    easiest answer: Level as Horde, faction change to Alliance. Profit....until you try and find groups as a 70 on Alliance :(

10. June 1, 2017  
    Interesting idea. If I end up leveling my Alliance toons, I'll strongly consider it.
    There are enough drama free zones such as EPL/WPL, felwood, winterspring, silithus, you can be level 62 by the time you get to outlands on 5x xp. This is what i normally do. Going to outlands at 58 and doing the few quest for gear upgrades is something i haven't done but is an interesting twist and i'll try it next time.

11. June 1, 2017  
    PVE would solve everything, atleast for the first couple of weeks..